Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-10-2005, 18:34

Default Los Zarzales

Tried to add to the previous post but wasn't able to ( possibly something to do with the illegal Rugby chat )

Anyway, tried this restaurant for the first time earlier this week and it is likely to become one of my favourite places in PP

There were only 2 of us, myself and my daughter and we were met by a really friendly waitress ( Alicia's sister ..... is it Yolanda ? ) who made us feel most welcome. I had been warned about the portion sizes so despite both being ravenous we avoided the starters and went straight for the main course ........ but of course you still get starters because we were each brought a delightful patty of pork and cabbage in shortcrust pastry.

For mains , I had the suckling pig ...... beautiful and daughter had the shoulder of lamb in rosemary and mint sauce ....... she said it was fantastic and ate every last bit which for a 12 year old takes some doing ........ it covered half the very large plate.

For desert ( yes we somehow managed to find room ! ) we had apple crepes with Vanilla Ice Cream and Tiramasu.

I would like to really recommend this place ........... but Debz and Snowy have cautioned against doing such a thing ......... mainly because they wish to keep this secret all to themselves
Sponsored Links
Old 29-10-2005, 02:08

Hi cd and welcome back..hope you had a great time!!

Really glad you enjoyed.......sssschhhh you know where Alicias sister is called Yolanda and isn't she the most charming lady?..nothing is too much for her and she is so proud of the family business..and rightly so as they seem to have achieved a great balance between traditional and stylish which I think no other restaurant in the Port manages to do.

OOOH how I wish I was having suckling pig tonight

Take care

Debs
Old 29-10-2005, 05:27
Snowy

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you know who.

Wonderful.

Closed all summer.!!!
Old 31-10-2005, 19:51
robjay

We had planned to eat here on our last night in PP a few weeks ago. But dear reader I was suffering from sore feet :\ , for some reason my feet felt a bit pounded, could it have something to do with the walk from Lluc to Pollensa earlier that day?. And had nothing to do with the jug of Sangria, the few cervasa and a rather yummy bottle of Rioja (thank you Toni ) that we had consumed that afternoon/ evening and prior to leaving the hotel that night.
Anyway we didn't make it, but it is top of the "Going To Try next time" list. It looks fantastic and the Menu looks good too.

So watch this space:lol

Rob
Old 04-11-2005, 04:00
JMD40

I went there for a meal last week - been recommending it to clients for typical Mallorcan meals for ever but somehow had not been myself for last 2 years and what a fantastic treat. The service and the food were first class - wish we had been warned about the generous portion size though!:b We shared chipirones to start (baby fried squid) which was huge and whilst waiting for that to arrive we were brought a small tasting of a bean stew which was very tasty, along with bread, olives and ali oli . I had succulent stuffed chicken fillets with a creamy leak sauce and my friend had gallo (fish)but cannot remember how it was served but we both had a wonderful fresh and colourful selection of vegetables which made the dish even more special. All washed down with a nice dry Mallorcan wine of course and a lovely relaxing evening sitting on exterior terrace. Since then I have been telling everyone to make sure they go and the good news is that they are staying open until December so still time to go back later this month with hubby.
Lunch yesterday at El Posito was fantastic as always - an amazing fish soup to start which I would have paid 7 euros for alone - the whole 3 course menu price. Hope Toni is not reading this!! Jan
Old 04-11-2005, 16:35

Thanks for rubbing it in Jan, we are in rain soaked England .
Looking forward to going to Los Zarzales on the 12 th Nov Now tell me they are closed for the winter .:rollin
Old 06-11-2005, 04:53
JMD40

Well hello there Keith. No, I was thinking that it is a perfect place for us to sample the wine when you come over next week. Excellent food and wine and service and better still staying open until beginning of December all being well. See you both next week.
Old 07-12-2005, 00:40

This is where I had the roast suckling pig. All I can saw is "Wow."
Old 18-01-2006, 00:59
bcbjork

Has anyone eaten in the courtyard area decorated by Flower covered trellis'. WIth tables layed with pure white linnen. This part of the restaurant is so beautiful, it's like something out of a movie. And the food was excellent. We also recommend the Ivy Garden.

No one seems to mention this area and yet it was part of the restaurant. It is on the right as you walk up the side road.
Old 18-01-2006, 02:04

Hi bcbjork and welcome to the forum!

We always sit in the courtyard and yes it is the most lovely setting..the scent of the mimosa, the tasteful music and the beautifully laid tables make it truly romantic. Add to the that what I think is probably the best food in the Port and you have an evening to remember

Hope its open in Feb when we go to air our apartment..and although it won't be warm enough to eat outside the interior of this fab restaurant is very nice too!

Debs
Old 19-01-2006, 17:26
griffo

Where abouts is this place?
Old 19-01-2006, 18:34
Founder

for more info including map, see www.puertopollensa.com/loszarzales/
Old 27-04-2006, 01:01

Finally got to try this place at the weekend after finding it closed in February. It was well worth the wait ! We had a fantastic meal at what I considered to be a reaonable price. Stuffed pimientos to start followed by suckling pig, bottle (or 2) of Cava and Hierba to finish. Will definitely go back.
Old 28-04-2006, 02:28
Helen007

We went there 3 times in the last fortnight, had suckling pig twice and shoulder of lamb once, hubby had steak one night and said it was fab. It was our favourite restaurant and the lady was so friendly, chatted to us for ages and even managed to produce her commerative glass for last year's Pollensa Wine Fair (we had just returned from this year's fair). Brilliant restaurant, no other could come near it.
Old 28-04-2006, 07:52

Helen007

3 times in a fortnight..now that is impressive !!

I agree with you I also think it's the best restaurant in the Port. Others have good food but maybe the ambience or service is not quite so good ..Los Zarzales scores top marks on all counts! We were there on Tuesday night and had a fantastic meal.

An absolute must try if you are looking for somewhere just that little bit special.

Debs