Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Bodega Can Ferra (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/952-bodega-can-ferra.html)

robjay 14-05-2006 05:59

Bodega Can Ferra

Ok call me slow, call me behind the times. Tell me that I missed this thread. but...............................................
I took my 3 daughters here for their first meal not just in Puerto Pollensa not just in mallorca, but their first time abroad ever!
Did this place live up to the challenge? You bet your bottom dollar it did!
Why on earth haven't I read more glowing reports about this place?
The food as fantastic!
The staff? Out of this world! we couldn't ask for more!
All in all it was a fantastic night and a great start to a fantastic "Family" holiday.
Thank you to the owners and staff of Can Ferra. We'll be back ;)
Take care.

robjay

pops 14-05-2006 09:08

couldn't agree more. We had a fantastic night there recently too.

I have commented on this restaurant before and have eaten there on many occasions over the years.

It is a typical mallorcan restaurant and Toni and Guiilam make you feel so welcome.

Keithmarwell 14-05-2006 16:20

Hi Rob and Pops
Can you tell me where this place is cant say I have seen it
Regards Keith

debz1 14-05-2006 16:39

Pops

I'm like Keith I cant place Bodega C'an Ferra is although I can picture the sign :\

Chels and I are back in PP in 4 weeks with some friends and there are a few new restaurants on my list that they haven't been to before including O Lume and Cap de Canto.

I am trying to work out our '8 day challange' even 'tho Chels says I'm being far to regimented. Huh what does he know..I've told him this eating out /choosing carefully business has to be done with military precision ;)

Debs

its cd 14-05-2006 16:58

There were loads of pposts about this place bfore the hack

I also included in it my 14 day challenge

Also known as "the little people's"

If you stand at the roundabout, start to walk towards south sandy beach and take first tiny road( pedestrianised ) on your right ...... it's on your left

Well worth a visit

Helps with the finances as well it's such good value

robjay 14-05-2006 17:38

It's situated just behind the Tabac (in fact you could easily mistake it for the rear entrance to the Tabac) across the road from the marina.
It's tiny inside so your best to book your table.
Take care.

Robjay

pollensa 14-05-2006 18:31

Why inside? Don't most people eat at the tables laid out in the pedestrianised street - or have these gone? We've never had to book - just waited for a table outside.

Snowy 14-05-2006 19:31

Next to the Bread Shop and Fishmongers

pops 14-05-2006 21:36

bodega can ferra

thats in summer months when the tables are outside, but in spring(at easter it was too cold to eat outside in the evenings, most nights anyway) and sometimes in the autumn and definetly in the winter it can be too cold to eat out in the evenings so you have to book.if you want to book a table for a large group then you have to book anyway.

Keithmarwell 15-05-2006 02:21

Re: bodega can ferra

Thanks All
Will have to give it a try
Regards Keith

robjay 15-05-2006 02:41

Re: bodega can ferra

To be honest this place was recommened to me by a good friend whilst out in PP at the back end of last year. I couldn't find it:lol
Well I read your account of your visit and my good friend told me they had recommened this place to me. I confessed I didn't know where it was. After getting told the directions we used the maps on the forum to pin point it and an AOL messenger type programe we were able to chat and view the maps at the same time . What a fantastic feature the maps are to this site, We've found the map so useful planning our last trip.
Thank you CD for your review.
We look forward to returning this year and who knows sitting outside this time.
Take care.

Robjay

mallorcaboy 15-05-2006 02:41

Re can Ferrer

I was in here a couple of weeks ago with my two sons who were out for a few days. The waiter came over and as he was taking our order he looked at my hair. Now I have to admit, I'm starting to go a little grey. "Been paintin?" he said. I just looked at him for a moment, trying to work out what he was going on about. "No, why?" I replied. There was a little pause, and he just blinked and said "What would you like to drink?".
My boys got it straight away and burst out laughing. When I finally got it, I decided to order a bottle of Jose Ferrer Blanc de Blanc, just for me!! >D

robjay 15-05-2006 03:29

Re: Re can Ferrer

I have a spare bottle in the bathroom which will help the "just been painting" effect.
My girls thought you looked refind with such a happy face when we met in April, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up again. I promise we will next time we're out.
Take care.

Robjay

tresspass5 15-05-2006 04:51

re can ferrer

they actually have their own website where you can see the menu,we went in there last year when there was a stag night going on,so it was rather full,what a shame i am past it all those young spanish men.
tresspass5

Puertokid 15-05-2006 17:19

Re: re can ferrer

This has been a favourite of ours for many years Bodega Can Ferra 'aka' Little peep's. High quality Mallorcan food at a very reasonable price and if you are lucky live entertainment thrown in for free in the form of Martin and the boy's falling out with each other over one thing or another, hillarious to watch them shouting at each other then turning to serve a dinner with a big smile back on there face. Get's very busy during the high season so recommend thet you book.
Different kind of place to O'Lume etc but highly recommended.
Just hope they don't get so busy we can't get in next time we are over. :\