Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 20:16

Default Balaixa Nights

I've not posted for quite some time, and I'm not sure if there are many around now who would even remember me (not that I'm very memorable). However, I was once a big contributor to the forum. Had a home in PP for 20 years and lived full time for 2. However, we sold up and moved home to UK in 2007, but I still think of the place a lot.
The most memorable place for us was Balaixa. I don't think it's even called that now, and certainly Arnie and Mandy have moved on to who knows where, but the memories linger, and we savour them greatly. Wonderful evening meals, summer, and in the early days winter too. Long Gin and Tonic lunches by the pool. Going to private November 5th parties with amazing rich vito tino de casa on tap free all night.
I know that it all seemed to end a bit pear shaped for A & M on the island, but we remember them, the girls and the staff with such fondness.
Great days, sad that they are gone.
If you are out there in cyber land some where guys, get in touch.
Thanks for everything
pollensa, jiggggy, Mark and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 21:39
Super Moderator

Hi and welcome back Mallorcaboy, the Balaixa is now called Duxou and i believe they were having live music nights in the summer. Thanks for posting your memories .
Old 13-11-2012, 00:12

Great to hear from you ..... I think I have said this before but it was your posts that "hooked" me on to this forum and I spent a good year or so reading them with interest before I actually plucked up the courage to post myself ...... The rest is history ...... Hundreds of posts and some really good friends later, I am grateful for those early posts of yours

Balaixa was never a massive favourite of ours, the majorcan squirrels put me off a bit ...... However, the meals we had there were always first class and our daughter spent a few memorable afternoons playing with Arnie and Mandy's girls who were a similar age and made her feel so welcome.

We did visit the small place they had in Cala a few times just for lunchtime snacks and they were as welcoming as ever

Hope this means you we are going to see more of you on here MB
Sparky likes this.
Old 13-11-2012, 01:15

I remember you very well, Mallorcaboy - and remember feeling a bit sad when you went back to the UK... as the previous poster said, your posts encouraged me to join up too... We are still hoping to move out permanently, though not just yet... can't think of anywhere else we'd rather be!
Old 13-11-2012, 11:14

Default Boogie nights!

So nice to hear from you again Mallorcaboy. Many have tried to claim the title but there was only ever one "Mallorcaboy"! You're a relic from a golden age, when so many of the posters were entertaining. As they say, don't be a stranger! and thanks for recommending O' Lume to us, seems such a long time ago.
Old 13-11-2012, 11:33

Well,well, wondered where you got to you old reprobate. lol. Still walk past your old abode and look on with fond memories. Once again i promise we never touched that fridge, it just stopped working . We are just jinxed with electrical things. Keep posting my man. There's no substitute for experience. All the best
mallorcaboy likes this.
Old 13-11-2012, 18:12

Hi nice to hear from you to hear from you nice, hope your well the old days will never be the same had some great cracks, remember portofan and his lady Bowbell ??. Robjay hes still around I know. Keep posting.
Old 13-11-2012, 20:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorcaboy View Post
I'm not sure if there are many around now who would even remember me
Most of the original members here will remember, I certainly do

An old thread.
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...lies-home.html

Those where the good old days when easyJet was £9.99, suitcases where free, hire cars where £60 a week without having to pay for a full tank, the Motorway finished at Inca , no bypass around the port and restaurants where always busy

Now Easyjet is £150 each with suitcase fee + admin fee.
Hire cars look reasonable but with the insurance and then the full tank makes the price nearly as much as the flights...
The Motorway now goes all the way and the traffic is so fast there are hidden speed cameras.
Restaurants are not so busy.

I love it more than ever though and we will be back at least 3 times in 2013
Old 13-11-2012, 20:40

Smile Mallorcaboy

Please, oh please, don´t encourage him. he may come back!
It was bad enough when he was here the first time, doing favours for people and being a thoroughly nice guy. Has Matron given you permission to use the computer?

Cheers Mate!

From San Miguel (downstairs)
Old 13-11-2012, 23:12

Um, San Miguel, have you changed your name? Didn't you used to be Fry up?
Old 13-11-2012, 23:14

Hi Pollensfan. Hope you guys are well. Still enjoying PP? Good to hear from you
Old 14-11-2012, 06:07

Smile

Welcome back,we thought you'd jumped ship,keep posting.
Old 14-11-2012, 08:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorcaboy View Post
Hi Pollensfan. Hope you guys are well. Still enjoying PP? Good to hear from you
Hi, Enjoying is not the word I'd use. I think addiction would be more appropriate. We attend meetings near to where we live where you all sit in a circle and each person then stands up and gives their name and say's "I am a puerto pollensa aholic". Gladly it seems there is no cure, you just have to keep getting your fix. Glad all is well with you and yours.
pollensa, sws97sdg, Sparky and 1 others like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 15-11-2012 at 08:32.
Old 14-11-2012, 19:56

Hi Mallorcaboy....I remember you too! Certainly loved Balaixa as we spent a great evening there for our 25th Anniversary!! We still love our trips to PP, sadly not with our boys so much now! Keep on posting!
Old 14-11-2012, 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Hi, Enjoying is not the word I'd use. I think addiction would be more appropriate. We attend meetings near to where we live where you all sit in a circle and each person then stands up and gives their name and say's "I am a puerto pollensa aholic". Sadly it seems there is no cure, you just have to keep getting your fix. )
Glad there is no cure for the addiction - have increased my prescription to four times a year but think a prescription review may be required

Eating Out