Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The Hideaway at Urb.GOMMAR (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/950-hideaway-urb-gommar.html)

linda 02-03-2005 07:36

The Hideaway at Urb.GOMMAR

Hi guys,
I'm a very new supporter of your site, first visit to the area last September, fell in love with it and am back 30/4/05 for 1 week. must say though am surprised that there is no mention of The Hideaway and Jane and Ted Hannaway, they made a weeks holiday a bit special there company was excellant, there food divine (specially the Whisky Gateaux) the service and ampiance second to none. we were in an apartment near them last year and this year have a villa (with pool) between PP and Pollensa, I can't wait and am really getting on everybody's nerves talking about it and packing already...
:rollin

frito 14-08-2005 07:17

The Hideaway

I suppose that I almost take the Hideaway for granted.
Ted and Jane always manage to make you feel so welcome.
Jane is a very accomplished cook. Her fish pie is amazing. It's no wonder people ask her to do parties and outside catering.
Witnessed the best salad with everything this week. 8 euros! The spare ribs in a Thai sauce were being celebrated on the next table to me, while I was having an open sirloin sandwich to die for!
Lots on "mmmms" and "ahs" from the people having trifles!
They change the menu regularly, and have different theme nights and lunches.

Don't tell too many people!

Cheers!

Frito.

Lady Pollenca 14-08-2005 07:25

Re: The Hideaway

Hi, This sounds good could you give us directions please!

jiggy 14-08-2005 08:15

Re: The Hideaway

Hi everyone
directions for me too, please. we are staying in gommar at the end of aug, just off ' carrer del voltor' in a villa.
might be very handy!
thanks
jiggy.

Quelys 16-08-2005 23:54

Hi Jiggy,

You won't be able to miss the hideaway as its on Calle Voltor in Gommar. From the Habitat roundabout enter Gommar in front of the White Rose and Spar, pass these on your left hand side and take the first left turning. The Hideaway is just a couple of hundred metres(ish!) on the right.

Q

pollensaman 17-08-2005 01:01

http://www.puertopollensa.com/hideaw...waylogosml.gifAll the details of The Hideaway including sample menu and location map can now be seen on the main website

www.puertopollensa.com/hideaway/index.html

(image added by webmaster)

jiggy 22-08-2005 06:46

Thanks Quelys &Pollensa man, we will give it a try on our first night seeing as it is just down the road.

only 6 sleeps to go!:D
jiggy

Portofan 22-08-2005 15:37

Re:The Hideaway at Urb:Gommar

Hi Jiggy!

As Humphrey Bogart said in "Casablanca"---"Of all the places in all the world"---never has anyone been so wound up looking forward to their holidays and let's face it this gang on here are helping you!

As I said to you in the chat when I read your posts specially on Countdown I try to do it aloud in me best Scoouuser accent!!:lol :lol

Get some funny looks when am not on my own PC though!:eek

Chat to you before you go sometime.

Porto

PS Happy Sunday night then??;)

jiggy 24-08-2005 07:48

Re: Re:The Hideaway at Urb:Gommar

Hi Portofan
I AM NOT WOUND UP >: , well maybe just a little bit :lol
Maybe i should 'Calm down, Calm down!':rollin
hope to chat to you soon PF (isn,t the chatroom quiet lately)
jiggy:D

robjay 24-02-2006 00:07

So how was this place Jiggy?
Robjay

jiggy 27-02-2006 09:17

Hi Rob
Sorry to say ,that we didnt get there in the end:o ,even tho it was just around the corner as Quely & pollensa man said:( .
too many other good recomended restaurants to try
Thanks for all the help tho guys, as i said last year, i couldnt have done the hol without you!

slevinmarie 22-05-2006 20:53

Where is the Hideaway directions wise from the pinewalk - taxi rank etc.

jiggy 22-05-2006 21:10

Hi slevinmarie
Have a look on the post 6 up from here, by pollensa.
there is a link on it with a menu & map,
the restaurant is towards Alcudia, from the pine walk taxi rank,then turn inland once you get to the Pollensa Park hotel.
hope this helps
jiggy