Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Any restaurants with German dishes? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9474-any-restaurants-german-dishes.html)

Hotpot 25-10-2012 23:37

Any restaurants with German dishes?

Visited Germany many times and loved the food, is there anywhere that cooks German dishes? We try to eat mostly local dishes when we are over but have to have an egg and bacon fix at least once when we visit, but would love to have some German food.;)

Doogz1874 26-10-2012 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotpot (Post 77222)
Visited Germany many times and loved the food, is there anywhere that cooks German dishes? We try to eat mostly local dishes when we are over but have to have an egg and bacon fix at least once when we visit, but would love to have some German food.;)

Probably not a lot of help but I think the closest PP could offer is El Cano - but I think that was maybe Swiss/Austrian and I'm not entirely sure that it is still open.

Sparky 26-10-2012 09:09

I am afraid El Cano is no longer there, i was told that the chef/owner died :(.

The only place i can think of would be the Sail and Surf.

Lorenzo 26-10-2012 10:47

German food

Also if you go shopping in the big Alcampo hypernarket, there is a really good German food cafeteria there.
You can buy food to eat there or to take away - and it is excellent!

kate1 26-10-2012 12:40

If you have a car you could go to Sa Colonia de Son Pere, which is midway between Ca'n Picafort and Arta. This used to be very undeveloped but has become much more built-up - however, it is a resort which is very popular with Germans and several restaurants there do cater for Germans more than Brits. Whether they are serving German food, however, I have no idea.

I can thoroughly recommend the German Cafe that Lorenzo mentions - it is great!

Eroski in PP (and Pollensa) also has a section selling German food, if you felt like recreating the experience at home!

Smiddy 26-10-2012 17:06

Im afraid i've never seen any German food in PP, it's not what you would call a "German" resort. You would be much better with Cala Rajada, Arenal,Cala Millor etc, there are scores of them around the island were the only menu you will see is printed in German.

Hotpot 26-10-2012 17:28

German food

Thanks everybody for your advice, looks like some shopping and a German evening in the villa next spring, because going anywhere else other than PP is just not an option for myself and the extended family. Thanks again:mad::):(

gers1873 26-10-2012 20:10

Michella at nostalgia has provided us with a great pork schnitzel and sourcrout during winter months in the past very hearty and filling German mainstay, not sure if its on the menu but she offered and we accepted :)

James 27-10-2012 22:19

Stay does have Currywurst on its snack menu but that's about as far as it goes (thank goodness!).

Much better to try the Mallorcan specialities.