Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2006, 17:01
translatorman

Default Cap de Canto

Having just returned from a week out in PP (weather glorious, less than pleased to be back...), I wonder if anyone else has eaten in Cap de Canto (on road behind seafront, opposite Montenegro)? We had by far the best meal of our holiday there, better even than Zarzales. We have an 11 month old daughter, and despite the restaurant being more "up market" then some of the more obvious kiddy-friendly places, the owner was wonderfully amenable. The food itself was quite international (confit de canard, stroganoff etc.), and was exceptionally tasty and very well presented. Prices noit excessive either (perhaps Maxims rather than Tango level, but less than 80 Euros for 3 courses plus wine for the two of us). Is the restaurant new perhaps, as I'm surprised not to find anyone else's comments on it on the forum? Or perhaps I just haven't searched hard enough...

We'll certainly be going there again!
Sponsored Links
Old 30-05-2006, 18:59

Hi Translatorman,
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this place a few times, it's certainly one of our favs. Cisco, the owner is really great and he enjoys the giving everyone a good time. The food, wine and setting are most enjoyable. You have to book in the high season as he doesn't let people walk in off the street, even if he has free tables because he likes to have everything just right for his customers.
I really recommend this great eatery to all
Old 30-05-2006, 21:03
chelseadons

Default Cap De Canto

We went in last October and your right the food and service was excellent. One further tip however its the only bar i have come across in PP that turns people away who only stop to have a drink !! The owner is full of bonhomie when your staying for a meal but he can be quite abrupt if your not !!!!

Chelseadons
Old 30-05-2006, 21:29
Founder

Default Re: Cap De Canto

More info is here www.puertopollensa.com/capdecanto
Old 30-05-2006, 23:52

Default Cap de Canto

This is without a doubt one of our favourites in the Port. My wife and I visit PP at least four times a year and we always visit Cisco the first night we arrive.

Many of you will remember that Anneka (ex Tribeca) worked there until the back end of last summer and Grace (also ex Tribeca) was the chef for quite a while. We were a little concerned with all the changes but need not have had any worries as the new chef is excellent and Cisco very friendly and efficient.

As a matter of interest Grace now works in the kitchen at Es Moli (tells us she wanted to learn Majorcan cooking!) a super Majorcan restuarant in Pollensa but does anyone know where Anneka is? We felt sure she would be back in a restuarant somewhere in the area this summer but so far have been unable to track her down!
Old 31-05-2006, 02:25

Default Re Cap de Canto

Someone told me Anneka was going to take time out , but I cant remember who and when. If anyone knows otherwise, do tell!!
Old 31-05-2006, 15:57
translatorman

I think we'll be adding Cap de Canto to our "must visit every trip" restaurant list as well. Only another seven weeks to go till the next time...