Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   GURU (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/944-guru.html)

JMD40 05-06-2006 03:02

GURU

Just thought I would share with you all how excellent GURU is on the Formentor Road. Formerly La Rotonda. Lovely couple have taken it over and are busy working magic in the kitchen. If I remember rightly the chef/owner was from Tiberi which is of course always excelelnt. They have a well priced menu del dia and an excellent choice of rather interesting tapas. We had lunch there last week and it was fab - starters to share as there were a few of us included some prawns, chicken in mandarin sauce, mussels with bechamel, scrambled eggs with salmon etc. and then for main course some of us had a variety of pastas (sea food, foie gras, wild mushrooms sauces) or salmon or a wonderful entrecote steak. We had to find room for sweet as they had brownies on the menu and a two colour choc. souffle . . . . . .. hmmm. If that was not good enough we received fantastic friendly service with a smile which is sadly lacking in some places so definatley looking forward to returning soon. Great kids menu also. I understand that shortly they will only be open in the evenings but I suggest you give it a try . . .. see you there, leave a table on the spacious terrace for me - great people watching place also:D

Jimbo the Jambo 05-06-2006 03:03

GURU

JMD40,

Thanks for the first post on GURU. My good lady and I stay in the flat imediately above (and have for some years now) and can agree that the food is great. The staff start preparing around about 4.00pm. they play music which I think is Il Divo?? No better way to build up to a good night out in PP. We eat there regularly and never experienced a bad meal. Tribeca across the road is also very good but a bit more expensive.

Cheers

Jimbo

JH02JLH 05-06-2006 05:33

Oh no!!

Another one to add to the growing list of restaurants we haven't tried...

This one sounds like a definite!

Jane :D

Keithmarwell 05-06-2006 14:35

Yes will have to give this place a try
Looking forward
Regards Keith

terryw 05-06-2006 18:35

I would wholeheartedly agree with the comments made. We stayed in a delightful apartment above the Guru last year, as we will be doing again this coming July. Consequently we made full use of the restaurant, which had a lovely atmosphere whether you are eating inside or out.
The food is excellent, in particular I remember the prawns in garlic and the steaks, and found it to be very reasonably priced. Most impressive however is was the friendly nature of the staff, they clearly appreciated our return custom, and made a bit of a fuss on our last night (including a complementary bottle of Cava which was very nice).
Can't wait for our next visit, highly recommended.

Terry

JMD40 06-06-2006 01:14

The friendly service makes such a difference doesn`t it, as we have so many times said here on this forum?? Glad that some of you have already tried it - they are a lovely couple who are trying very hard to `get on the ever growing map´of fantastic restaurants and they deserve sucess. Her name is Concepcion but not sure of her husbands. See you in there sometime maybe, and yes, they are now only open in the evenings - shame as I fancied going for lunch on Friday!!