Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2006, 23:36
Debilicious

Default A bit of a fishy tail..or was that eye...lol

La Vall restaurant...

This place is a gem, a must to experience the mallorcan way !

we went for a menu del dia at 7 euros. included bottle of wine, bottle of ice cold water and lemonade, bread also

starter of cold meats and potatoe salad was nice.

my main was chicken, which was nice, ( if you like wings) but sauce was lovely, with pine nuts, and salsa..he ordered fish, which arrived looking very thick and meaty, he sliced into it, and started to chew, face looked a bit funny, as he started to pull out a thin bone/cartledge, the size of my lil finger, i grimaced at the image..(quietly)... he plodded on, again next mouthful, pulled out another bone size of my finger !! he was about to give up, as too many long HUGE bones, he asked waiter what fish it was, and was told Raya, STINGRAY...:eek he then clicked on, he was eating it wrong, and with a glint in his eye, started to eat the other peice of fish, like he was sucking a peice of orange, from the peel... 8o by which point, im on the verge of heaving, my stomach was churning....

but the straw that broke the camels back, was him pulling an oval shaped peice of cartledge from the fish, and looking at it strangely, i swore blind, it was the eye socket, he laughed at the thought, and wondered what it was.
seen documentary on the fish last night, and low and behold, here is this eye , looking right at us, exact same shape, as the cartledge found, i was in stitches, all he said was " dam, wish id of brought it home now...:eek ...strange guy..

turns out the "Ray" as he likes to call it,...lol was 1 of the highlights of his holiday, as its considered a real treat aparently, as is only ever caught by accident, you cant fish it...(thank god ) we went back the next day, to see if it was rare, or sold as menu of day daily, and it wasnt on menu, so was a 1 off...he was thrilled, as was I...lol...he felt all priveledged.....lol..said was amazed he was offered it, and for that price !!

debs....

and the cake to follow was gorgeous, with a coffee liquer...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2006, 00:20
womblemonty

Hi Debs,
Interesting restaurant report! Please can you tell me where La Vall is (coming from Llenaire), and if you noticed any veggie options on the menu del dia??!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:39

Default Re La Vall

See my post October 2005 on Page 5.

Some other brave soul willing to give it a try?:lol
Old 06-06-2006, 15:56
Debilicious

Default Re: Re La Vall

Hi Womblemonty,

Just checked and page 5 doesnt appear.

La Vall- top of Calle Tramantuna,Facing the church in the Square go up Tramuntana road on the left and it is on a corner two blocks up facing the Police station.

They always have a meat/fish option, and the starter i had was suitable, as was rice, tomatoe sauce, with a fried egg on top, it was nice. and opt for the fish option, if your very lucky or unlucky depends how you look at it, you may get some 'ray"... lol.. regardless, its an experience, with locals buzzing round everywere..... give it a try !

Debs
Old 06-06-2006, 20:18
Snowy

Hi Porto I found page 5 OK

p221.ezboard.com/fpollens...=404.topic
Old 06-06-2006, 20:43
Debilicious

nothing appears on any of my other pages except first page. strange !
Old 06-06-2006, 21:42
Founder

Check your settings - you may have 'Show New Only' set - see top of page below the banner on the first page of the forum. If you have that set you only see New Posts & no old ones.

If you 'Show All Topics' you see them all with a little symbol next to the new ones.

Webmaster
Old 06-06-2006, 22:05
Debilicious

???
Old 06-06-2006, 22:07
Debilicious

how to adjust the settings ?
Old 06-06-2006, 22:10
Debilicious

Thanks, ive fixed it now, and all old are visable...deb
Old 07-06-2006, 03:35
womblemonty

Hi Deb,
Portofan says in his post that the staff didn't speak any English! Was this still the case when you went? Our Spanish is virtually nonexistant!

womblemonty
Old 07-06-2006, 20:58
Debilicious

Hello ,

my partner was speaking in spanish, but do recall when i asked him/waiter about the fish, his english was very limited, requiring me to ask for partners help, in spanish.

why dont you get a spanish phrase book,take it with you, learn the key words...FISH...lol...etc..and you should get your self thru, a combo of your bad spanish, and his bad english, should produce something, give it a try, or use hands as a last resort, to indicate a fish, or chicken etc.... ...(that was a joke)