Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 16:16

Default Where will suit me ?

Hello, I am new to this forum,
I stayed in PP last October at the far end of the Pine Walk, a nice stroll into town .
It was rather quiet in the evenings and towards the end of the season.
This year we are coming again but from the 22 Sept.
Can anyone point me to some good bars, not noisy sports bars, but somewhere a little `rustic` and not overpriced, snacks would be a bonus.
A little live music would be nice. I am not a young person anymore, and don`t want Club Ibiza nights !!

Also some where to eat, I don`t like `posh` or `fancy` places, and feel much more at home in places a little more `local` with a bit of atmosphere and good food.

This will only be the second time in Majorca, I`ve always gone to Greek islands over the last 35 years, so am more used to the Taverna places out there.
Sadly the way Greece is suffering at the moment is a major decision in coming to Majorca again.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 16:29

Bar Nostalgia will fit both bills except live music.
Old 07-08-2012, 18:21

Oh I dont know, they say Colin's pretty lively with his singing!
Old 07-08-2012, 19:30
Super Moderator

Hi Wilcoxon do have a look at our entertainment section here Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca - Pollensa Forum, you will find lots of live music is available in and around the Port.
Also there are so many restaurants here, they cater for all tastes and budgets just read some of the reviews in this section of the forum, i am sure you will be spoilt for choice .
Old 08-08-2012, 09:58

Nice little family run restaurant offering great food at reasonable prices, C'an Ferra, just down the side street from the tobac shop on the front. I can personally recommend.
Cocoa07, El Gordo, Sparky and 3 others like this.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58

Thanks for the ideas, I will have a `browse` round, but not really knowing all the back streets I may be gone for some time
Sparky, Lorenzo and lollipop like this.
Old 13-08-2012, 20:31

Just another question if I may, last year we would walk along the Pine walk to town, and there were no places to stop off for just a drink . . . until we got quite close to the centre .
I`m wondering if we walked along the road / roads parallell to this route , will we find any where on the way.
Thanks
Old 14-08-2012, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcoxon View Post
Just another question if I may, last year we would walk along the Pine walk to town, and there were no places to stop off for just a drink . . . until we got quite close to the centre .
I`m wondering if we walked along the road / roads parallell to this route , will we find any where on the way.
Thanks
Yeah, there used to be Bar Katy on the front which was an ideal spot to drop off but sadly it's no longer there.
However, there are still a few places to rest and "re-hydrate" ! Starting at the far end and going towards the centre :
Theres the Illa D'or the seafront > next up (both on the street behind - Carrer del Far) is Laguna > then Hotel Singala.
A further street back (pretty much level with the Singala on Carrer de Formentor) there is Store Formentor.
Staying on Formentor Road (on the corner of Carrer Bosquet) is The Pines and just a little further along from there is Rustic Cafe.
Next up would be Bar Coral & from here its really just a short walk to the centre.
Old 14-08-2012, 13:29

If you don't want "posh" or "fancy" I think you'd like Brisa Marina, opposite the marina. For a "taverna" feel, try eating at Celler la Parra, half way between the two roundabouts heading towards the main Eroski.

Happy dining!

Duncan
Sparky likes this.
Old 14-08-2012, 14:20

If you want 'local' and cheap prices then do what we did and head for the back streets, we love Geminis18, we hardly drank in the more 'popular' places, try the ones along Roger de Flor, all very local, 2.50 for a beer and a wine, food also, or in the square try Circulo Cultural where the forum meets are, very local and 1.50 euros for a bottle of Estrella Damm.
cumberland8 likes this.

On island time!!
Old 22-08-2012, 16:17

Smile

Thank you everyone, I`ve been strolling around with Google maps, and located most of the streets you named, February 2011, clear blue skies, not a soul on the little beach by Playa Mar !!!.

They all look very nice, but Calle Formentor looks a bit drab, if we walk from Pine Walk, where abouts should we turn off to get to the restaurants,
Illa Dor is in a nice spot, but it`s not for me, but at least I know where it is.

Wish I was going there for longer now
Old 22-08-2012, 16:32
Super Moderator

If you follow the link below it will give you a good idea of where all the restaurants are .

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html
Old 22-08-2012, 16:51
Founder

If you download & print-out our map (we have all the places featured on our Eating Out page marked) you can add any others that interest you. We have 40 & there are loads more! We're so lucky so have such a great choice!
sws97sdg and lollipop like this.
Old 22-08-2012, 23:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Bar Nostalgia will fit both bills except live music.
What fits the bill exactly,
Old 23-08-2012, 07:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcoxon View Post
They all look very nice, but Calle Formentor looks a bit drab, if we walk from Pine Walk, where abouts should we turn off to get to the restaurants
Store Formentor and The Pines both have signs on the Pine Walk - If you go to Store Formentor you'll pass the Singala and from the front of the Singala you can also see Laguna. Rustic is just a little further along the road from The Pines.

You can see Bar Coral from the Pine Walk - if you're heading into town I think its the 1st right after passing Little Italy.
cherylbb likes this.