Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Food Snobery!! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/941-food-snobery.html)

sleepybobby 12-06-2006 00:48

Food Snobery!!

Hello all i have just returned from the Port yesterday after having two weeks of indifferent weather!Before leaving i took note of the various restaurants that have been posted on the forum and decided to take a note of them to try them out.
I looked out for Neptunes on the Formentor road where i tryed the mixed tapas which was very disappointing.In little Italy on the Pine walk the meal was excellant but pricey,also the waiter that attended to our table should take lessons on how to crack a smile! O lume,possibly the most talked about eaterie on the forum was okay for food service and decor.
Iknow people will think that i am "sabre rattling" when i tell you that the Tex Mex on the pine walk was actually quite good value with the meal service and price not breaking the bank.It was the only place that made any effort with my 14 month old daughter when she started to kick off half way through our meal with the staff bringing her balloons and little toys to occupy her.

pops 12-06-2006 00:49

SleepyBobby

You should have gone to Tango, I think by far the best place to take littluns.
Before I start a restaurant war- My opinion, doesn't make me right.:b

sleepybobby 12-06-2006 01:11

Hi pops did not see Tango is it any good??? Hope i have not offended anyone but there was a lot of bad press about the Tex Mex and some people have got to realize that it is nice to eat in fancy Mallorcan style eateries but sometimes maybe people cannot afford the luxury and places like the tex mex cater for that type of clienteile.Isee it as good affordable honest grub that everyone of my family enjoy.P.S. and i do not have a limited pallet.

tresspass5 12-06-2006 02:32

sleepybobby
Nothing to do with food,but what do you mean by indifferent weather?.
tresspass5

pops 12-06-2006 06:51

food snobbery

Very reasonable set menu at Tango, no childrens menu but will do childrens portions off menu and the staff are fantastic with kids.

smiddy 12-06-2006 07:00

Food Snobbery?

Sleepy,

Glad you enjoyed the TM, however nobody has been having a go at the TM about food/service. It's the location which has ruffled the feathers, there's no reason why it could not have been located elsewhere. I'm sorry you see some of the views as food snobbery, i'm sure many of the contributors will agree thats not the intention of the reviews, indeed i would gladly place a bet that many of the restaurants mentioned would probably work out cheaper than the TM.

sleepybobby 12-06-2006 22:06

Re: Food Snobbery?

I do not see what the problem is with the location also.First of all is it not at the start of the Pine walk and is there not restaurants next to the Tex Mex like the Ivy Garden and many others.Maybe its not food snobbery after all but restaurant snobbery.

pollensa 12-06-2006 23:35

Please tone this posting down. You are prefectly valid in posting that the Tex Mex was good value & helpful with your child but we do not want to repeat the discussions that have already taken place regarding this eating place.
Webmaster

griffo 13-06-2006 00:26

Pops

Tango do have a childrens menu if you ask for it however only limited meals on it.

pops 13-06-2006 01:53

Re: FOOD SNOBBERY

Griffo what I mean is they don't have a printed childrens menu, at least in all the years that we have eaten there and my eldest is almost 18 we have never been shown one. But then they know what my kids like particulary the one who still requires a childs meal. And thats the standard joke between Luis and my daughter, he can order for her.

Yes the menu is limited for kids but they do smaller portions off the main menu. You have to ask. Or they will tell you. They have the usual, spag bol, chicken, pork fillets etc.

Pops

griffo 13-06-2006 13:52

Re: FOOD SNOBBERY

Well and truly told. I am just a novice after 4 years of going to pp.

thanks

med777 14-06-2006 05:51

could I just ask why the thread was called 'Food Snobery !!' ?

med777

pollensa 14-06-2006 06:13

Hi Med77, I would rather you didn't!

I'm going to answer this so we don't discuss it any more & then I'll close this post. Basically someone went to the Tex Mex & felt that the food was very good value & the staff were helpful with children - no issue there. He called it 'Food Snobbery' because he felt that the previous objections to the Tex Mex were only to do with the type of food being served whereas in fact a lot was to do with the fact that it used to be a lovely old Fisherman's Cottage on the Pine Walk & so it was rather a shock & disaapointment to long time visitors to see it change. I'm sure the same would happen in the UK if an Olde Worlde pub suddenly became a MacD. For people who didn't know the old place it isn't always such a shock.

The tiltle Food Snobbery was rather inflamatory & I probably should have edited it earlier on.

So guys I am now closing this post. Please do carry on recommending good places to eat - that's what this forum is for.

Webmaster