Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2006, 04:56

Default Where to eat for 11

Hi
For the last 5 days of my holiday in August this year there will be 11 adults. What are the best restaurants to try that can cope with a large number of people and of course take bookings. The obvious spring to mind like Tango's and Los Zarzales, any other suggestions?. Other than leaving half of them at home:b .

Timberman
Sponsored Links
Old 15-06-2006, 04:57
Snowy

Timberman only one place
O Lume see Jamie sure he would be delighted to have 11 eating you will not be dissopointed.
Old 15-06-2006, 07:00

what about La Victoria up the mountain for a great evening view?
Old 15-06-2006, 07:23
smiddy

Default Seating for 11

Timberman,

I would recommend El Posito, i've been there a few times when large parties have been present. But, you would have to book first.
Old 15-06-2006, 15:33

Default Re: Seating for 11

Hi TM

Fully endorse Smiddy's comments . Not sure if you'd ever been there.

But are they ready for the TM team??

Regards

Porto
Old 15-06-2006, 18:19
curlytom

Trio's often has large groups of people dining, especially local Spanish residents.
Old 15-06-2006, 23:03

I can't imagine any good place turn down a booking of 11. Dare I say try Balaixa. Also C'an Cuarrassa's garden is wonderful on a summer evening. Tango is OK, but I find it quite crowded and a table of that size would probably not enjoy the squash.
Old 16-06-2006, 04:06

Thanks for all the sugestions. I'm not sure I know where La Victoria is Bella, any directions please?.
O'lume and El Posito are on my list for our first week when there will be just the 2 of us so I'll suss those out then.
I'm going to have to try Balaixa this year just to see what Mallorcaboy raves about . I'm sure he must be right as he has impeccable taste or so I've heard:hat

Timberman
Old 16-06-2006, 04:56
Founder

Mirador de la Victoria is on the road to Mal Pas & has fantastic views across the bay to back to Puerto Pollensa so it's better for a lunchtime than an evening, I'd say. There's also a hostal there now - see www.lavictoriahotel.com Definitely worth a visit even if it's not the family outing.
Old 16-06-2006, 06:36

No way!! Have to disagree with you there Pollensa! Get there about half an hour before sunset - round about 6.30 (thats August timings mind you) Try to book or get there early enough to get a table on the balcony. If you're really lucky the monestary door will be open and you can look in. You then see the sun setting behind the mountains; the lights gradually coming on around the bays; the lighthouse lighting up and the fishing boats coming home. The whisky tart is basically just a tart with a bottle of whisky left - if you ask nicely and if they are not too busy and feeling friendly that night - worth a try!
Old 16-06-2006, 15:58
Founder

Thanks Belladonna - I'd never thought about a sunset meal although I'm not sure about driving around there in the dark - but yet another option for a good meal out...
Old 16-06-2006, 16:10

Its no problem driving up at night anymore (driving down though, thats a different matter lol!:eek ), as they now have the cats eyes up the road. It was far more fun (!) years ago when it was just a track and the lights from the bays used to regularly go out so you never had even a bearing to guide you!! Far more civilised now,
Old 17-06-2006, 01:12
JMD40

I would suggest Can Cuarrassa in their spacious garden or Trios for a more reasonable priced evening. Also Stay and La Llonja. All 4 venues are very experienced at serving large tables and keeping the wine flowing. How fantastic - have a great time . Where are you staying - in a villa??
Old 17-06-2006, 18:37

The first week it's just myself and my wife staying in an apartment in Gotmar then my 2 sons join us for a week and at the same time my brother arrives with his 5 adult children they are staying in a large villa in Siller. So it will go from very quiet to absolute mayhem.

Timberman
Old 19-06-2006, 20:27
JMD40

Enjoy the quiet week and build up energy for the busy second week. At least you can check out a few venues in your first week.