Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurant recommendation wanted for Birthday celebration on Friday? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9359-restaurant-recommendation-wanted-birthday-celebration-friday.html)

Cali369 18-09-2012 14:05

Restaurant recommendation wanted for Birthday celebration on Friday?

My Mum and I are due in the Port on Thursday, staying at the Massol apartments for a week.

Friday is my Mum's birthday so I'd like to take her somewhere nice for dinner that evening. I've been to PP before but with teens which obv. affected our restaurant choices. I think our favourite was Laroc for food and service.

I'm not looking for super fancy just somewhere that feels a bit special, food, service, ambience or location.

I've not been to the ones in the Marina area - are they good?

Other consideration is that I'm a veggie so somewhere that has a reasonable vegetarian selection would be preferred!

Thanks - looking forward to lots of recommendations!

Doogz1874 18-09-2012 16:34

O'lume, La Llonja or Stay are probably the obvious choices and all offer excellent value MDDs :)

Kaycee 18-09-2012 16:52

Hi
For veggies I can recommend La lonja or Stay.Very helpful with any requests Food and service always excellent and the views amazing

pescador2009 18-09-2012 17:06

I would expect you will get many very different replies before Thursday / Friday as this is a very well known web-site for people who have somewhat definitive views on their personal favourite eating places!
So I might as well kick things off as they say, with my suggestions for somewhere nice.

1. O'Lume - on Calle Juan XX111, the main road leading from the
roundabout by the marina towards Pollenca town.
The owner is Jaimie, a real gentleman. Tell him it is your
mothers birthday and I'm sure he will look after you.
2. La LLonja - this restaurant is on the marina before you get to the
Yacht Club. Beautiful inside, excellent views, very
professional service, extensive menu, etc., nice people.
3. Restaurant Stay - again on the Marina, but on the South jetty (near the
place that the boat trips leave for Formentor, etc.)
Very nice inside, many say its the best in P.Pollensa.
Good service, extensive menu. Right by the waterside.
4. Ca'n Josep - on the main road to Alcudia but just past the marina in P.P.
Again you 'should' be well looked after. Extensive menu.
Josep is a pleasant chap, restaurant very popular.
5. Tango - again, on the sea-front road to Alcudia but well round the
bay at 'Llenaire'. Best get a taxi if you go there. Been on
the go for years (formerly in P.P. not far from the main
square). Owners / staff have been there for many years,
they have a very extensive menu. Don't hear many (if any
at all) bad comments about them.

(To be fair to everyone, the above are not in any particular order of preference).
Well that's my list; I would suggest you could have a good walk round to see exactly what you require regarding views, location, suitability and then book your table.
Most of the above - and many others - have adverts indicating exact location maps, etc. on this web-site. Just click on the "WHEN YOU ARE THERE" - "Eating Out" section, on the left hand side of the home page.
To confuse you more, there are dozens of good restaurants in P.P. all with varying price levels, but just check on the menus for that. Good luck with choosing and hopefully have a good time.

Just Noticed 'Doogz' suggestions - put on whilst I was 'composing' this - at least I seem to be in tune with somebody else! (Edit)

sws97sdg 18-09-2012 17:17

My choice would be o lume, tell Jaimie your are veggie when you arrive or if you book and he will look after you all! Enjoy the special night where ever you go

sws97sdg 18-09-2012 17:59

Of try la cabana, lots of choice for everyone there, great views as well

Cali369 18-09-2012 18:42

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions so far!

I did see the 'best restaurant in PP' thread after I posted so thought some of those would crop up.

Seems most good places can cater for veggies if they know in advance which is a good tip - I would normally be wary if there's nothing veggie on the menu

PP_Kev 18-09-2012 23:49

I would also like to suggest the Miramar. A fantastic location and they offered a Veggie dish for our wedding reception last year, and those that had it loved it. In fact all guests had a great meal, and we are planning eating there for our first anniversary... cant wait!

Smiddy 22-09-2012 19:58

The garden area at o' Lume would be hard to beat! If you decide on this one ,pop in the day before and discuss it with Jamie.

Major Tom 23-09-2012 11:51

May I suggest the Hotel Illador, La Terraza by the sea looking back at the
Port went there myself 2 days ago superb, suggest you book to get a seaside
table, always a good one for special nights out.

Taxi from rounderbout in the port 5 euro.

Hope you have a great night out, enjoy.....

clinz 26-09-2012 12:44

I am a veggie but have to say I have not tried many of the ones noted, however, as was the case this year, we always go to Tango and they do a lovely veggie meal, something a bit different it is ('meaty type' cutlets in a lovely sauce). Food always excellent at Tango, ask for sea view for birthday if you go, although it is a taxi as a bit too far to walk.

mwc 26-09-2012 13:10

Agreed, for me the best in PP. Just a shame so many people miss out on it because of location.

ray 28-09-2012 19:56

Stay or Can Curassa

Diver Val 29-09-2012 18:29

veggie special night out

I think the Stay restaurant is the best for any special night out. The menu of the day, which includes your wine, is very good and very good value.
Lovely location and worth every euro.

regards

Val

Nick 29-09-2012 20:45

And at just over thirty euro's for the set menu represents excellent value I'd say.
Haven't eaten there for quite a while but often enjoy a small beer or two people watching !!