Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-09-2012, 13:21

Yes - very noble of you 'nicbrev', well done.
A lot of people wouldn't have bothered.
smg, Sparky and lollipop like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-09-2012, 19:23

Just returned from 2 weeks in Ireland, catching up on the PP Forum. Knowing Josep as we do, he would have been mortified that the family in question had been given poor service, which clearly they were.
One man's meat is another man's poison, my Mum used to say. It would be a boring world if we all agreed about everything all the time! However being totally biased I had to include my own comments .....Josep & Lucy are lovely people who have worked SO hard to build up their lovely restaurant since Josep left Bar Joker. They have achieved so much in such a relatively short period.
Josep....if you're reading this, its "the McGregors" here! See you in approx 12 days time, sadly without "the boys" again. Looking forward to our favourite lamb dish and the special sangria you make for us!!!
lollipop likes this.
Old 13-04-2013, 13:34

I just wanted to let PP forum members know of our rather disappointing experience in Ca'n Josep - and wondered if anyone else had experienced the same? We called in for a coffee last week and I quite clearly ordered a cafe con leche. When this arrived it was served in a glass cup rather than the normal china cup and had a minute amount of chocolate powder sprinkled on the top - however, in all other ways it appeared to taste identical to a cafe con leche, so I thought nothing of it. However, when the bill arrived, I had been charged for a cappuccino which I did not order - which is 3E as opposed to 2E (or possibly less than that) for a cafe con leche. Possibly this was a mistake, but I think not - I think the waitress just thought she could rip me off, frankly, as I was a tourist. My expensive coffee aside, we didn't find Ca'n Josep to be good value - the total bill was 15E for three diet cokes, my coffee and a small packet of crisps (for which we were charged 2E - we don't often order these but I know that in most restaurants and bars they are only 1.2E!) Hopefully this was a one-off, but it has never happened to me in PP before, and I don't think I'd go back. We did notice when going past Ca'n Josep that it looked less busy than in previous years, and less busy than other restaurants in a similar location, so possibly others have had a similar experience? Are they now resting on the laurels of some good Trip Advisor reviews and taking their customers for granted?
Old 13-04-2013, 15:13

We arrive in PP next Thursday and will certainly be visiting Josep's we have always had nice meals and very good service. Josep and his wife have worked very hard to build a successful business, personally I am sure that you would not be intentionally over charged here!
PP76
Old 13-04-2013, 16:34

I have to agree that I believe this to be a genuine mistake. I am sure if you had pointed out that it was not what you had ordered they would have rectified it. The cokes depend upon the size,they do two different ones. I don't think they rip off tourists you are their bread and butter, and I don't have shares in the place.
Old 22-04-2013, 00:19

I have called into this restaurant last summer whilst raining and although a regular visitor to PP I found this restaurant most disappointing at lunchtime. I had a very burnt omelette and the staff very surly and disinterested. There is far better restaurants in PP for lunch and I would suggest that you visit them. I should point out that during my last visit this restaurant was by far the most disappointing.