Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Timberman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 19:49

Default Timberman August review part 2

First 4 days perfect holiday, weather has been perfect HOT

Thursday 16th

Tapas night so we decide to have a decent lunch, off to Coral. You would think we were long lost family, such a warm welcome. This is a lovely restaurant Sardines and their delicious Tumbet for me and spaghetti carbonara for Mrs T. 2 small beers 2 glasses of wine and a bottle of water
28euros. Great food and value.

Tapas route. This is a great idea although we tend to use local bars now we found several we had not been to before. Cafe D'eu Mol./Geminis/ and several further up the road which I can't remember the names of. All very good, think we did six and then went to Bar Bodeguita, a favourite of ours for a couple of drinks to end the night.

Friday 17th

C'an Josep luckily we had booked a table it was absolutely packed, Josep joked his new yacht is in the bay!! Usual warm welcome and impecable service.
We shared Garlic prawns followed by Hake with prawns and asparagas and Pork loin in mushroom sauce, No desert, sangria for a change bottle of water usual complimentary drinks and coffee, 65 euros. very nice meal, even though it was packed the service was always with a smile and very efficient. This is a great restaurant.

Saturday 18th

Back to Bar Coral as we hadn't been there for an evening. Again a packed restaurant especially when a party of about 10 turned up. but the coped superbly. Had to have their Tumbet as a starter grilled sole and chicken in pepper sauce, bottle of wine,large beer, water, coffees
46 euros.

Sunday 19th

El Posito, we haven't been here for a couple of years and I'm sorry but we probably wont rush back. The food was very nice we had a bottle of Macia Batle, chicken croquettes, suckiling pig for me and shoulder of lamb for Mrs T. coffee and water plus complimentary drinks 63 euros.

Good value nice food, BUT the whole meal was served in 1/2 an hour, we hadn't started picking on our bread and olives when the starter was plonked on the table then within 2 minutes of finishing that the mains arrived. Like eating in a fast food restaurant. If I hadn't spotted The Sparkes we would have been out of there in 45 mins.
But we spent a very pleasant couple of hours chatting with them at the bar.

Thanks for that you saved our evening.

Last night we have been trying to book a paella at Ikebana but for various reasons we didn't catch them at the right time. So I am persuaded to go to Manduca as Mrs T likes their pizzas not me particually, I don't think Mrs T will rush back. Since they have expanded into next door with their Tapas bar I don't think they can cope with the amount of customers. 1hr 15mins to get a pizza. Bit different to the previous night. an OK meal but nothing more.
Bill 30 euros.

Didn't manage to get into Pollensa Town as I really wanted to try Taberna del Temple.

We had a great holiday lovely weather overall superb meals excellent value and the local bars we hadn't tried before are well worth a visit as they need some tourists to keep them going also they are so cheap glass of wine and a small beer about 3euros. Next year I must book earlier. Can't take a chance like this year again
sws97sdg, Sparky, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 22:38
Super Moderator

Lovely report Timberman thanks for taking the time to post. It was a pleasure to chat with you both and i passed on your comments about El Posito to Toni the next day, i think sometimes he forgets to switch from busy lunchtime MDD trade which is mainly workers who are in a hurry to evening diners who want to take their time .
Old 02-09-2012, 23:11

Great timbers when I visit will tell Toni no RUSH