Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Bony/El Kiosko (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9248-bony-el-kiosko.html)

Dotty65 25-08-2012 16:26

Bony/El Kiosko

Here at the moment and must say rather disappointed to discover Bony not open at lunchtime, used to love the baguettes and was really looking forward to having a few lunches there this year. Also not too happy that members of my family on two occasions were totally ignored and the burger kiosk while locals were served immediately, was always ok for a late night snack but shall give it a wide berth now.
On a more positive note though we have enjoyed a few drinks at Cappuccino, not cheap but nice ambience.

Nick 26-08-2012 01:28

I agree with you there on both points.

I can only assume that Bony's is not making enough to open at lunchtime? I always thought he looked busy then with enough turnover of people? Big shame as it added something different.

He was so excited earlier in the season when he told me about his plans to re-do the baguettes and include a drink etc. Shame.........

As for El Kiosco, or whatever it is, I've used them now and again but they seem anti anyone who's not Spanish? I've been ignored there before and walked away and seen people of other nationalities do the same. Their loss but there you go. Such a shame as quite a nice set-up in a good position.

MairiCladach 26-08-2012 11:14

The Kiosk

Yes, unfortunately I have to agree. Last year we stood there for ages waiting to be served, with polite and patient smiles pasted to our faces! - and were totally ignored (it was very quiet at the time). The staff just blanked us and kept chatting to the local clientele who were standing there eating. Needless to say we left and won't be anywhere near the kiosk again, especially after hearing similar accounts from fellow holidaymakers both this and in previous summers.

Any insights on this from our PP resident forum members?

Dotty65 26-08-2012 11:27

Possibly good news re Bony, was there sat night and asked why they weren't open lunchtimes and was told they had in fact opened yesterday lunchtime and would be open today, in answer to whether there would be baguettes Jose typically said "maybe", but he did take my order and asked what time I wanted it so will pop along later with fingers crossed.

Sparky 26-08-2012 11:44

I think that because it has been so hot this August people are either staying close to the beach/sea or swimming pool so they can cool off. Also many do not want to eat until later in the day when it is cooler but if they do eat lunch they want to be somewhere with aircon. This could be why Jose has been closed.

As for El Kiosko (Wimpey, as some locals call it) i don't use it so can't comment ;).

cumberland8 26-08-2012 17:29

My Son came to me a few weeks ago after I had packed him off with a few Euro to get a dog at the kiosk, he had waited 20 mins (10 at the front of the que) only to be completely ignored, when he came back dog less I dismissed his accusations, i now have to make it up to him , thanks for letting me know, the owner of this dog stand needs to be told , as they are besmirching the good name of the Port.

pollensafan 26-08-2012 17:34

Hi Sparky, re---El Kiosko, " I don't use it so can't comment ",,,, By the sound of it even those that want to can't use it :);)

pollensafan 26-08-2012 17:39

Cumberland 8, I managed to get a hot dog there, however it was made with german sausage that was off !!!. I ended up taking a turn for the vurst. (sorry I'll get me coat ):):)

eleanor 26-08-2012 18:15

Perhaps a reversal of roles might be appropriate? ---- ignore him and take your business eleswhere!

barefoot 27-08-2012 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensafan (Post 75336)
Cumberland 8, I managed to get a hot dog there, however it was made with german sausage that was off !!!. I ended up taking a turn for the vurst. (sorry I'll get me coat ):):)

Brilliant response pollensafan. LOL.

snowy2007 27-08-2012 08:13

oh dear now I thought this thread was about Bony's

Sparky 27-08-2012 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy2007 (Post 75348)
oh dear now I thought this thread was about Bony's

Snowy although the thread title is "Bony" the original post was about Bony's and El Kiosko ;).

Smiddy 27-08-2012 23:53

Pity about El Kiosko, it hasn't been the same since it moved from it's old pitch on the front. Those were the days.

Pollensa4ever 28-08-2012 10:16

We used to teach the kids how to order what they wanted from El Kiosko in Spanish and they never had a problem . Don't use it much now the kids are older however ordering in Spanish may get a result .

snowy2007 28-08-2012 10:55

Our funny story re El Kiosko goes back to when it was on the front, we were walking past one day when one of our group said " What are If It sausages" well we all burst out laughing and its been a standing joke with us since the sign, said "1ft sausages"