Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By CharlieV
  • 3 Post By Sparky
  • 4 Post By sunny
  • 2 Post By garoda
  • 1 Post By CharlieV
  • 7 Post By Dunk
  • 1 Post By its cd
  • 2 Post By PB1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2012, 23:59

Question What to expect in October half term?

We've just returned from another fabulous fortnight and are already missing PP so much we are considering squeezing in another week at the end of October (half term). Any information on what we can expect in terms of how busy it is and what restaurants are open would be much appreciated.

I realise it may not be wall to wall sunshine at the end of October, but my husband (who is a keen cyclist) fancies doing some more rides (in cooler temperatures than July/Aug) but we would still like to be able to eat out at night, and I am worried it might be like a ghost town.

Also, is the market still on at the end of October in both PP and the old town?

Many thanks
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-08-2012, 00:08
Super Moderator

While some places might close up early i am sure you will still have plenty to choose from, this is a working port and i have always found enough places open right through the winter .

The markets in both town and port also keep going all year, ok most of the "Tat" stalls won't be there but i prefer it that way .
Old 19-08-2012, 12:35

Went to PP in October half term 2009, planned to do more sight seeing but hit lucky with the weather so stayed on the beach most of the time!

A few of the places had closed early not many tho, we went out slightly earlier to eat as cooled down quicker on a night. Beach beds went mid week was lovely to see the beach without them to be honest. A lot quieter but still fantastic would love to do it again one year.
Old 19-08-2012, 12:53

We have been in PP for the October half term for the last year and the weather has been great each time. Probably need a light coat at night, but great during the day. Certainly not the hustle and bustle of July and August, but we like that. Some restaurants close up at the end of October, but quite a few open longer. Definitely worth a visit for a quick fix of PP!
lollipop and CharlieV like this.
Old 19-08-2012, 18:10

Half term is a week later than usual this year, schools in my area have half term from the29/10/12 which takes the week into November.

We were in the port last year at half term and loved it (but we would whatever) mixed weather, everything appeared open but as I said as half term is late it may be different this year?
Old 19-08-2012, 18:45
Super Moderator

If the half term is that late it will make a big difference because the season officially ends on 31st October. Why is the holiday so late this year?.
Old 19-08-2012, 22:21

Smile

Half term is w/c 22 October for us, but I know it is the week later for friends of mine who live in other areas of the UK. They finished in summer later than we did and go back later in September. I think it rectifies itself once Christmas is over.
We will be there in October, can't wait
Old 19-08-2012, 23:30

Thanks for responses everyone! For us half term starts Monday 29th October for one week plus there's an inset day on Mon 5th November - so very late this year. We're hoping to do a bit more sightseeing and walking but we'd still like to go out at night too.
Sparky likes this.
Old 20-08-2012, 09:33

Hi. We went to PP in October half term last year, we actually re newed our wedding vows at the Calvari Chapel at the top of the steps, it was a glorious sunny day, we stayed in a villa about 2km from pollensa, maybe we were lucky the weather was very good, it rained a few times during the night but during the day was very nice, sat on the beach, swam in the sea. It was shorts weather, although did go cooler at night and would recommend something warmer, although still had my shorts on. Most places were open, and had heaters outside if it was cooler.
Every other time we've been it has been july/Aug. But October was brilliant, resort was quiet but it made it feel a lot more personal and felt like it was just 'our' resort. Most of the 'tourist' places like LLuc, Soller etc were nice and quiet during the day which made it really enjoyable.
Dont think we will be able to come this year in October but intend to make it a regular thing, would really recommend it.
sws97sdg, Mark, LK1960 and 4 others like this.
Old 21-08-2012, 18:12

Hi Sparky,

Not sure why its so late, its late here in Devon and in Yorkshire too where my family live. My step mother is a teacher and booked a holiday to Cyprus for the usual half term (without checking the dates) but has had to change it a quite a cost as the hotel she originally booked is closed the following week. The travel agent said it had caused a lot of people problems.

Just looked at 2013-2014 term dates and October 2013 half term starts Monday 28th October, looks like a trend? Thankfully easyJet flights are available but charter flights only run to the end on October.
Old 21-08-2012, 18:35
Super Moderator

Thanks for your reply Roig Cat. I can see this being a problem as most of the islands hotels close at the end of October too .

Last edited by Sparky; 21-08-2012 at 18:44.
Old 21-08-2012, 21:40

Been in or around October half term for last 5 years ..... Weather never been awful and sometimes really good. Certainly still able to go in sea though pool a little nippy. Ok for kids though. You WILL need something warmer as a cover up in the evenings but it is a really nice time of year to visit
LK1960 likes this.
Old 21-08-2012, 22:16

We also have the late half term which means that we can't come out to P.Pollensa this October -we have been out for the last 5 October half term holidays and love it -I can find flights out of Newcastle but can't find them back again as it would seem that the airlines have stopped the routes -seems that they don't know that half term is late this year.
Old 21-08-2012, 22:32

have had another look on the off chance I could get a route from another Northern airport and have just found flights returning with easy and Jet2 to Newcastle which I hadn't seen before-mmm might have to have little look and see what I can get booked -exciting
lollipop and roig cat like this.