Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2005, 20:42
Sara4

Default O Lume

I know this restaurant was discussed previously (I think before the hacking incident!), but we tried it for the first time.

What a brilliant meal! Our party of 6 was the only one in the restaurant and we were a bit unsure when we realised it was empty but decided to go ahead anyway.

The meal was excellent and the owner is brilliant. The service was fantastic - almost like we had our own personal waiter! Everything was correct and the food was great.

If you are going to PP - try this restaurant, it is excellent!

Only negative comment - loads of mossies in the toilets. One of our party got a very nasty bite. I would suggest making sure you have plenty of insect repellent or maybe if the owner is reading, then he could do with some kind of bug killer in the loos!

Otherwise a great place to eat and the homemade chocolates that were served with the coffee were divine!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2005, 04:09
Senor Ken

Sara4

Never heard of the place where about is it in PP

Senor Ken
Old 12-08-2005, 17:23

Hi Senor Ken,

Think someone posted good directions to O Lume somewhere else in the forum but can't find them now. Its on Calle Juan de la cosa. To get there from the marina take the side street beside Bona Cepa (c/El Cano) and then the second street on the left(c/Juna de la cosa). O Lume is then on the left (almost opposite the gym). Sorry not great directions - hope you find it (well worth a visit).

Q
Old 13-08-2005, 05:33

Default o lume

Sara,

So glad you found o lume and you liked it ......... I posted about it just after we got back in June , after the hack so post much be around somewhere

Agree with you , food great, fantastic value and wonderful service, just a shame it's so empty.

In my post I urged people to go, it is on a back street so they can't rely on passing trade, but really do deserve custom and so we need to do a bit of "word of mouth"

Pollensa, maybe you should see if they want to advertise ?

My other post was on page 10, have just edited it so I think it's now on the same page as this one ........ can the 2 posts be combined ?
Old 13-08-2005, 14:30
Snowy

Default Re: o lume

I know that someone ( possibly Pollensa or Sun Properties ) has already posted about this restaurant, because that is why we tried it but post is currently lost.

We visited last Monday and had an absolutely excellent meal for a very reasonable price with first class service.

There were 6 of us , 4 adults and 2 children ( 11 and 14 ), some had the very good 18 euro set meal and some ordered a la carte

However, we arrived early ( 7.30 ) and were there until about 10 ...... because we chose to be , not because the service was slow ........ and in all that time there was only 1 other family in the place.

This is an excellent restaurant, they are trying hard to deliver high quality for good value and it is working BUT people need to know about it ...... it is off the beaten track, unlikely to get any passing trade and needs to get known via word of mouth.

Anyone else been ?

Posted by CD 8/6/05

Directions from roundabout

Walk down the front on the shops side of the road in the opposite direction to the Pinewalk ie: towards Llenaire.

When you get to Bon Cepa ( 2nd or 3rd road on right ) turn right and take 2nd road on your left ...... Oh Lume is about 10yds along this road

Posted by CD 8/6/05

Sara,

So glad you found o lume and you liked it ......... I posted about it just after we got back in June , after the hack so post much be around somewhere

Agree with you , food great, fantastic value and wonderful service, just a shame it's so empty.

In my post I urged people to go, it is on a back street so they can't rely on passing trade, but really do deserve custom and so we need to do a bit of "word of mouth"

Pollensa, maybe you should see if they want to advertise ?

My other post was on page 10, have just edited it so I think it's now on the same page as this one ........ can the 2 posts be combined ?

Posted by CD 12/8/05

Hope this is what you wanted.
Old 14-08-2005, 02:21
Founder

Re O Lume advertising, I believe that Pollensaman has said that they are interested so we're just waiting for the details. So watch this space...
Old 11-09-2005, 20:50
HR35

I too posted about this restaurant last year when it first opened. We went there again twice during August and we had excellent meals!
We especially love the little extras like the trampo appetiser & the home made chocolates with your coffee!
Old 12-09-2005, 23:05
smiddy

Default O Lume

Going over at the week-end for 9 days, must give this place a try. Going from the previous posts seems to be suffering a lack of trade, this is sad as we want to keep every quality restaurant going especialy the ones who seem to be trying hard. As you state, a bit off the beaten track, can only urge people to pop in and give it a try during their stay.
Old 13-09-2005, 04:49

Smiddy, so glad you are going to try O Lume ....... I do think they deserve to be a success ........... strange powers of telepathy must have been at work today ... on way home from work I thought, "must post something about O Lume tonight, see if any of the crowd over at the end o Aug went there "

And I log in and what do I see, your post

spooky

Have a great time in PP :lol
Old 14-09-2005, 02:02

Default Re O Lume

Well cd, while you were typing, we were eating.
As others have said, we have been planning to go here for a while. Jaime, the owner, used to be at Can Cuarrasa, and the food rivals it. I had monk fish ravioli followed by grilled rabbit, Fantastic. Wifey had Foi Gras, followed by Cod Romano. Very good too. The pudding was a mystery, and I still cant remember what Jaime called it, but it was just about the most wonderful thing I've eaten, and you guys know I've eaten plenty. Drinks before, bottle of wine and water, coffee and free drinks after, 59 euros.
The thing is, because it's a little off the main drag, it probably doesn't get any where near as much trade as it should. I would hate to see this place close, particularly when some places that give average food with surly service, thrive.
So come on guys, make this place a "must go" whenever you're here. believe me, you won't regret it
Old 14-09-2005, 02:33
Snowy

Default Re: Re O Lume

MB

Direction please address etc
Old 14-09-2005, 05:56

Oh Mallorcaboy

SO SO SO glad you went to O Lume

I feel like you do, this place really really deserves to be a success

And now that such a trend setter has given the place a thumbs up I'm sure they are on their way

Glad you enjoyed your meal isnt it strnge though that at the time I was thinking about writing a post, smiddy was actually writing a post and you were getting ready to eat there
Old 14-09-2005, 07:29
robjay

This place sounds so nice and we really must try it. now tell me it's open on a saturday night and we'll be there in 4 weeks time!.
Thank you for the review.
Rob
Old 14-09-2005, 19:51
star81

Default O Lume

Well sounds so good will definitely try it next week !
Old 14-09-2005, 23:50
rudi the jambo

...and RuditheJambo will try it the week after