Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   MAXIMS IN THE SQUARE (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/915-maxims-square.html)

jessiebean 12-07-2006 02:43

MAXIMS IN THE SQUARE

So, so, so, sorry if this subject has already been discussed over the forum.

I was out in PP last month and I noticed MAXIM's in the Square. Have been a regular visit to PP for years but have never eaten there. It looked really busy every night, but then I seemed to remember that I had read a while ago on the forum that it wasn't so great i.e. service, environment etc.

Can anyone tell me if this has now changed?

I am taking my Mum back to PP in October (I have actually converted here at last, took her last year and she can't wait to go back) and I would like to eat there.

Once again, sorry if I am raking over an old thread.

Jessiebean x

Snowy 12-07-2006 03:57

If you click on search and put in Maxims there are post about it

Belladonna 12-07-2006 06:11

Re: MAXIMS IN THE SQUARE / search button!

You are a mine of information Snowy! Something new I have learned from you again! Only problem with it though, is that you have to choose the heading, so if it has been posted under a different heading for what ever reason, it cant be found. Unless there is a heading which searches ALL - now that would be a good idea!! ;)

pollensa 12-07-2006 06:35

Re Searc, you do have to choose the forum. But anything about maxims will be under Eating & Drinking as I try to keep posts in their relevant forums to make it easier for you all,

webmaster (sweltering here in PP at midnight!)

Jimbo the Jambo 13-07-2006 03:04

Pollensa,

That's right, rub it in to we poor frozen scots at home!

My long range sensors tell me that September will be a record for sunshine and high temps........!

Also forecast for the rest of the week up here is great hot and sunny and we are of to the golf at Loch Lomond- similar to PP but with more hills and midges.

Enjoy your hols.

Jimbo

Snowy 13-07-2006 03:15

Is this weather or food fourm lock it ??:rollin :rollin

Jimbo the Jambo 14-07-2006 04:29

Is this happy or unhappy?

Jimbo

hoopy 20-07-2006 02:50

just back from the Port a couple of days ago. We had dinner in Maxims one night and although the food was OK, I thought it a bit much to charge for 4 rounds of bread (2 adults, one child of eight and one of two). The adults fair enough but our daughter probably had one piece, whilst our son of two probably palyed and dropped more that he ate. After her dinner my daughter asked for an ice cream which we were charged 4 euros for. A wee bit naughty thought I! When I enquired about it the waitress knocked two of the breads off the bill but subsequently couldn't subtract properly without the till (me in the end) doing it for her. All in all, slightly disappointing although the setting we had to watch the kids play in the square was excellent. The restaurant on the corner just up right outside the church was magnificent. Fourteen euros for menu del dia which consisted of appetizer, three courses all superb and a glass of "champagne"! Excellent!

JH02JLH 20-07-2006 03:46

Hi hoopy,

I posted a rant last year on the bread and olives trick. It was amazing how much the price varied from place to place.

We enjoyed the food at Maxims and will no doubt visit again this year as the setting is great for children.

The place you mentioned by the church...is is Os Cachelos? With tables almost on the steps? And a big tank of lobster, etc?

We liked it there too. Very friendly service. I posted on that as well!

Jane :D