Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2006, 00:26
Startsem

Default Cocktail bars and Indian restaurants

Hello all. 1st post on this site.

Going to PP this weekend for a week. Have had a quick squint around the site jotting down some bar/rest names that look interesting.

Can anyone recommend some nice cocktail bars. Not looking for the bars that sit 200 people outside, more looking for a smaller more local style bar with a bit of character.

Anyone have any opinions on the Indian Restaurants in PP: I am fromo Scotland but now live in Switzerland for 5 years. Can only recently get some guide Indian meals here but you pay a fortune. Always looking to eat Indian when abroad...are they worth trying?

Thats again, this site looks like a great place for Info on PP.

Cheers

Iain
Sponsored Links
Old 20-07-2006, 00:27

Default indian restaurant

Hi there,
Shouldn't admit it but if we are in PP for a couple of weeks we are dragged by our teenage son and pal for an Indian just the once!
We have always used the Kashmir which is in the middle of the town square.
The food has always been very good but not quite the same as you'd expect from a High Street curry house in England or Scotland.
There are others which have emerged and I think from past posts on the website a couple didn't receive favourable reports.
Old 20-07-2006, 00:29
Keefy1

Hi,

We went to the Kashmir on both our prevous visits, but this was 1998 and 2000, so things may have changed since then.

Based on that, I would recommend it. The meal at the last visit was lovely and not too expensive. The service was excellent.

It's located in the square where I believe the church is situated in. We didn't find this square at first. Is it your first visit to PP? Be sure to work your way back from the seafront and explore each of the side roads - that square is set a little way back from the front and you'll find lots of hidden gems of restaurants located likewise.
Old 20-07-2006, 00:32
Startsem

1st time yes, my sister recommnended PP to us. We will be walking miles each day so we will come across all the little places for sure.

I will check Kashmir out see how it looks.

Cheers
Old 20-07-2006, 04:00
suedolff

We have found a very nice bar. Its called Bla Blas. Been going there every year for approx 6 years. Its on the main road going from the roundabout at the port/start of pine walk heading back towards pollensa. Had many a late night cocktail/spirit in Bla blas. Sometimes doesn't open until later than the rest as the locals drink there after work but very enjoyable and welcoming. Its on the left hand side quite small if you blink you could miss it!
Old 20-07-2006, 18:09

I would also recommend the Kashmir. Lovely position, good food. We also tried the Bombay on the Formentor but it was very basic in design etc. Food was reasonable, but I'd go back to the Kashmir every time. There is another Indian on the main road, Everest I think, but haven't had an opportunity to try this yet!
Old 21-07-2006, 06:33
ChrisLox

Default Cocktail bars and Indian restaurants

..the best cocktail bar has gone, that was Coconuts but there are lots of other good ones. We like Es Moll, R bar and Batacuda. Mulligans bar also do cocktails which look very nice. We are looking forward to trying A Punt soon. The Indian on Juan XXIII is also very good and the food is a lot spicier than the one in the square which we also like.