Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   where to start La Ruta (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9076-where-start-la-ruta.html)

Gommar Goffer 17-07-2012 22:45

where to start La Ruta

Coming out Thursday with my 22 yo son and wondered where was best to start La Ruta - can balache, citrus and la cabana are a tempting start but do most people start at the other end - i.e. rustic cafe?

Sparky 17-07-2012 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 73866)
Coming out Thursday with my 22 yo son and wondered where was best to start La Ruta - can balache, citrus and la cabana are a tempting start but do most people start at the other end - i.e. rustic cafe?

Hi GG the list of bars participating in July is here Ruta del Tapeo - Tapas Route in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca), there is no official start or finish you just go where you want ;).

its cd 18-07-2012 00:44

Start at the closest one to where you are staying and work away from home. That wa y you have a nice long walk home to sober up :)

Doogz1874 18-07-2012 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 73873)
Start at the closest one to where you are staying and work away from home. That wa y you have a nice long walk home to sober up :)

We went with the opposite approach: start out as far away as possible and aim to finish at the bar closest to home ..... then its only a short stagger back :D

Sparky 18-07-2012 12:34

LOL!!! yep i am with you on this one Doogz, at the end of the night/morning :eek: all i can manage is a short stagger before collapsing into bed ;).

Nick 18-07-2012 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 73873)

Masochist !!!

pollensa 18-07-2012 21:09

How about devising a personal circular route?

TheFussies 18-07-2012 21:11

It doesn't matter where you start or where you finish just go and enjoy.

Gommar Goffer 18-07-2012 23:22

We will!!!!

Lorenzo 19-07-2012 10:22

Where to start la Ruta

We always start with the Rustic Cafe as it's the closest place and has great tapas!
And we end up with the Rustic Cafe.

And lots of Ruta del Tapeo bars to choose from in the middle. :D

Greybeard 19-07-2012 11:35

I've just realised that my holiday starts on a Thursday and we are staying 15 nights so we get three opportunities to sample the tapas.:) Only thing is my wife isn't as adventurous an eater as me. Is there any way of finding out what the tapas are before starting out? Also just out of curiosity, how big are the drinks usually? Do you get a normal size glass of wine and cana for that? At 1.5 euros a go it's got to be a bargain and I'm looking forward to sampling them even if I have to get my wife something else to nibble while I'm enjoying my tapas.