Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2006, 22:13

Default Los Zarzales - if allowed...?

I know the previous discussion was killed off while I was in PP - but I was wanting to relate last Thursday's experience if poss. We ended up leaving Los Zarzales after 2 hours and without even seeing a main course. Forget Spanish culture - a born and bred Mallorquin would've be up and off after that long.

The waitress was hugely apologetic, but couldn't even offer us a ball-park figure as to when our mains would arrive - blaming the kitchen. Shame cos the chipirones starter was delicious - but not so good as to sustain the interest for two hours!

All I can add, is thank goodness for Iru
Sponsored Links
Old 30-05-2006, 02:40
Founder

Of course this comment is allowed & obviously they do seem to have some kitchen problems so please guys no repeats of the last thread on this subject - Thank you Webmaster.
Old 04-06-2006, 18:51
Rosie10

Default las Zarzales

Hi
Yes our party had a similar problem - just didn't want to comment in the last posting about this restaurant.
We had a terrific lunch there previously - enhanced by being served by a young Denzel Washington look a like, so a shame really about the evening's disappointment.
Old 04-06-2006, 20:26

Default Re: Los Zarzales

I'm sad to hear the recent bad reports about Los Zarzales as we have always found the food , service and surroundings to be the best in the Port.

We are out in PP the week after next and will be going there to try and shed some light on what the problem is

Debs
Old 20-06-2006, 03:24

Phew I was sooo relieved to find all the problems mentioned before seem to have been resolved! We had as always a superb meal last week. We were very late as we went to watch England play in some footie competition :\ I really enjoyed it or was it the beer?

We waited about 20 mins for the starters but were brought olives and a little sausage roll type very tasty thingy and a bottle of Macia Batle so we were all more than happy. Then Yolanda bought out a dish for us to share of delicious broad beans and ham in a wonderful sauce..all before the starters arrived!!

Assorted smoked fish then suckling pig to follow.. which aso took another 20 mins to arrive.Both absolutely divine

Un cortado y hierbas mixta to finish and then we staggered home

Debs
Old 21-06-2006, 22:56
mungis

Visited Los Zarzales last week.
Very slow service from the kitchen, staff were plentiful
starter was passible but main course stone cold.
When paying, I was asked if everything was OK, I said No
Young Lady in charge came and apologised and thanked me for telling her, asked me to have a drink on the house before I left and deducted both our main courses from the Bill.
Can't be fairer than that, she also asked us to give them another chance which in the future I will.
Old 03-07-2006, 22:21
y parc

We were there last Thursday, very nice we both had Frito Mallorcan followed by Suckling Pig and coffee Tia Maria to finish one complaint no fresh cream on the coffee
Old 09-07-2006, 16:44
El Tigre

In our experience Los Z has been 100% in everyway. If we wanted our food served fast then we would have gone to one of the much loved fast food outlets in the port, Manana guys Manana chill out relax what's your hurry? Train to catch? deadline to make? No your on holiday, all night to go nowhere!
If the food is cold when it arrives tell the staff I'm sure they wouldn't refuse to swap it for a hot version.
Just last weekend we ate in one of the new "IN" places in the centre of London, one of the dishes was warm to cold the waiter returned with a steaming hot replacement within seconds and an apology, we will eat there again and have told friends and family about the place.
Every place I eaten in has their off days, and this place wouldn't have all the rave reviews if the problems experienced by some of our fellow members was the norm'.
El Tigre
Old 10-07-2006, 03:44

Well said El Tigre I agree with you all your comments re Los Z

I would also just like to add that in Mallorca ,as in most mediterranian countries,food is never served 'piping' hot .. which if you think about it is fairly logical considering how hard it is to keep cool in the summer months. A few years ago when I worked for Guinness in Park Royal in trade relations we organised visits for licensed victuallers..showing them round the brewery and having lunch with them. One very hot day Gazpacho was on the menu and how I kept a straight face as this old boy scooped up a spoonfull and carefully blew on it before tentatively eating it in case it was too hot :lol He certainly wasn't impressed with cold soup!!

Debs
Old 20-07-2006, 22:05
Broadreach

Just had a three-hour lunch at Los Zarzales and it was fantastic.
Mussels starter for me and prawns for Mrs B. Then we shared the fantasic fish stew. It was absolutely magnifico with huge chunks of white fish, marvellous mussels, lovely langoustines, etc etc.
We followed it up with coffee and brandy and a brilliant almond liquer on the house.
Why baste yourself silly on the beach when you could have a great lunch in very civilised surroundings.

Definitely a 10 out of 10 from me
Old 20-07-2006, 22:15

Thanks Broadreach!
Have been reading some of the comments made about Los Zarzales in the run up to our two week stay which starts this weekend and I have to say I had been a little concerned.
We always have one night there and have always had great food so good to hear you had a fab lunch.
My wife and son had the fish stew last time and absolutely raved about it.
Can't wait!!
Old 22-07-2006, 04:22
Broadreach

Robbo

No idea why others are staying away. We heard great reports about LZ, asnd decided to try it. OK, it was lunchtime and it was not too busy. but the staff were very friendly, absolutely charming and nothing was too much trouble.

Have a great time there, we certainly did.

cheers

BR
Old 28-07-2006, 07:16

Ate at Los Z twice in the last 2 weeks .......... my daughter and I had eaten there previously last October and were very impressed ....... rest of our party had never eaten there before.

Having read the posts about slow service I warned them all but told them it would be worth the wait .

No need for the warning, service was excellent, timing was perfect ...... not too long, not too rushed ....... enjoyed by all

One of my nephews had Duck in ( I think it was called exotic sauce ) ......... anyway this interesting dish included a chocolate sauce ..... fantastic
Old 28-07-2006, 16:26

Default Los Zarzales

Hi cd

We ate in los Z last week and I agree with you the food and service were both excellent. Add to that the beautiful calm atmosphere in the pretty courtyard ...for me it ticks all the boxes and makes for a wonderful evening

Debs
Old 08-08-2006, 02:58
mark 1

Just got back from P.P.

Los Zarzales is a perfect place to spend a nice evening..

Great food, Great service, Great place to eat.

Mark.