Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Disorderly
  • 1 Post By Disorderly
  • 3 Post By Andreas and Noisette

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2012, 21:36

Default A Brief Trip Report

Well, it was a brief trip - but a great one!. Arrived at Palma airport on Sunday 10th June and my heart went out to the poor folk in the massive Goldcar queue. I waltzed up to the Herz desk with just one person in front of me and was away with the keys to a nearly new Peugeot 206 5 door before the bags appeared (which they did very quickly). At 108 Euros for six days and a full/full policy, that was an acceptable deal.

If there's a better view of the Bay of Pollensa than from the top (5th floor) room at La Goleta, I'd be truly surprised and Martin and Elke are great hosts.

So here's the eating bit (sorry for the delay!):-

Sunday 10th - Brisa Marina: We always start and finish a holiday here. Stuffed mussels, Fillet Steak and Lamb Chops, all washed down with a favourite bottle of Marquess de Riscal. Francisco tells us that over the 2012/13 winter the restauant is knocking through into next door - it'll be a size but I bet it won't dent the great welcome and service that await here.

Monday 11th - C'an Josep: What's to fault here? Josep is such a great guy and we always feel so welcome. A new Scrabbled Egg with Bacon and Mushroom is an interesting starter, allied to Garlic Prawns for my wife, then followed with John Dory (absolutely excellent) and Hake - washed down with a bottle of Baron de Lay. Love this place.....as you'll see later.

Tuesday 12th - Stay: A big thanks to this Forum for the recent posts about Menu del Dias. Went to Stay for a really fantastic meal which, at 34.60 Euros including three courses, coffee and wine has to be the bargain of the trip. An Amuse Bouche of a Cold Vegetable Soup, with starters of Smoked Mackerel with Potato Salad and Sweet Mustard Sauce for me, and Spinach Ravioli in Mushroom Sauce for Jane, were absolutely delicious. As indeed were main courses of Salt Cod Fillets with Saffron Sauce and Beef Scallopini. The accompanying Rioja was perfectly acceptable and the Dessert of the day amazing. Service here is impeccable, the setting superb and well worth the visit. The Menu del Dia changes every Tuesday, so if you go to PP for a week, you can go twice and have different menus - JOY!

Wednesday 13th - La Goleta: We stayed there, so had to eat there once, and we were not disappointed. Martin recommended an excellent Rioja at just 16 Euros and I had one of the very best Fish Soups that I have ever eaten (and I've had a few). Jane skipped the starter and we both had a new main course, Lamb La Goleta, chunks of slow cooked lamb in a delicious sauce. It was a fantastic meal.

Thursday 14th - C'an Josep: I'm afraid we went into "repeat mode" by returning to Josep's for starters of Smoked Salmon and Tempura Shrimps. Mains of John Dory (yes again!) and excellent Sea bass made for yet another great meal and friendly service at this restaurant that so many of you place in your "Top Three" - well deserved.

Friday 15th - Brisa Marina: Sorry for the repetition but tradition dictates we end our holiday here with Stuffed Mussels (yes, I know!! Again) with Lamb Chops and Pork Fillet for mains. Bet you won't be surprised at a nice Marquess de Riscal to accompany. How do they do this at the price? The espresso, by the way, is by far the best coffee I've had in PP and is just 1.10 Euros a go. Francisco tells us that, apart from a careful choice of coffee bean, part of the secret to the taste is using filtered water to take away the bitterness of the stuff that comes out of PP taps - genius!

So that's it.......8-15am on Saturday sees us off the the airport. Fair play to Hertz. I return the car full of petrol, they check the car over, cancel the deposit credit card amount and give me a piece of paper that represents peace of mind!" I'm impressed.

Not sorry to be home....on 28th July all six Disorderlies are back for the main holiday renting a villa in Siller and giving these fine restaurants (and a few more besides) another opportunity to shine - which of course they will!

Tell you what.........didn't miss the UK weather while we were out - what a wonderful week it was. Roll on July.

Bye for now.

Duncan

Last edited by Disorderly; 18-06-2012 at 21:40.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-06-2012, 21:57
Super Moderator

Lovely trip report Duncan and thanks for sharing it with us .
Old 19-06-2012, 08:09

Enjoyed your report and will try Brisa Marina in October Smiled at your Goldcar queue description - we had a bad experience with them last month and came home and cancelled our October booking and booked direct with Hertz - so hope we have the same experience as you did
Old 19-06-2012, 08:51

Great report, Disorderly - all of the places you mention are our favourites too (apart from La Goleta, which we will certainly try in October). We always have our first lunch in Brisa Marina too - you get such a great welcome there that it feels like coming home, and the MDD is amazing value. It makes sense for them to knock through into next door as they've been using the terrace there as an extension for a few years now and it always felt a bit like squatting! They seem not to be quite as reliant on high season tourists as other places, as there are always loads of locals in there - another reason we like it so much as it has such a warm atmosphere. Don't know whether you've ever tried their fish soup but it's pretty good...
Old 19-06-2012, 08:58

Great report Duncan, may see you at one of the forum meets next time.

On island time!!
Old 05-07-2012, 23:43

Hi Duncan

Very envious of you slipping in an extra week in PP

We stayed with Martin at La Golleta in 2010 . As you say a good position for a full panorama of the whole bay.

Will be right behind you on 29th July !! Maybe see you at Brisa Marine

Best wishes Agatha (Hazel)
Old 06-07-2012, 21:18

Hi Hazel! How nice to hear from you. We will maybe see you again this trip?

I always feel that my Trip Reports follow the same restaurants - being creatures of habit! We keep meaning to try new places, but the call of old favourites is so strong.

Whatever happens, you can be sure to find us at Brisa Marina and C'an Josep for three visits each. Which just leaves eight meals out to fill.

Decisions, decisions............

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Very best wishes

Duncan
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 06-07-2012, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas and Noisette View Post
Andreas and Noisette... Agatha (Hazel)
Hola Andreas and Noisette

Fascinated by your "Literary" choice of username and then signing as Agatha (Hazel) but can find no Agatha Christie characters with such names!?

Apologies in advance for going "off topic"

My FlickR Photos
Old 08-07-2012, 20:44

Hi Gordon,

Our user name originates from a hilarious holiday dairy that my husband writes each year based on the style of speech used by the policeman in 'Allo Allo',(TV comedy) in which our code names are Andreas and Noisette. He writes this for my elderly parents to read about our holidays in Puerto Pollensa in an unusual and amusing way. Up until a few years ago they used to come with us and our 'children' (now grown up) to PP, but have now sadly resigned themselves to holidays in the UK.
The nickname 'Agatha' is down to my excellent detective skills - see threads from 2010 to uncover the details!

Hope this satisfies your curiosity?
Best wishes
Agatha
LK1960, El Gordo and Sparky like this.
Old 08-07-2012, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas and Noisette View Post
Hi Gordon,

Our user name originates from a hilarious holiday dairy that my husband writes each year based on the style of speech used by the policeman in 'Allo Allo',(TV comedy) in which our code names are Andreas and Noisette. He writes this for my elderly parents to read about our holidays in Puerto Pollensa in an unusual and amusing way. Up until a few years ago they used to come with us and our 'children' (now grown up) to PP, but have now sadly resigned themselves to holidays in the UK.
The nickname 'Agatha' is down to my excellent detective skills - see threads from 2010 to uncover the details!

Hope this satisfies your curiosity?
Best wishes
Agatha
These tales sound very interesting ....maybe a new thread topic....for us PP lovers to read?

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-07-2012, 19:15

Disorderly, Another great report you may be creatures of habit (as are TheFussies) that maybe our paths will cross one day as we appear to frequent much the same area of the port.

MrFussie