Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   NICO's - the best Mexican food in PP (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/887-nicos-best-mexican-food-pp.html)

tumbet 09-08-2006 04:52

NICO's - the best Mexican food in PP

We have been to PP 3 times now since 1994. Went to Nico's in his first year - excellent. Visited again about 5 years ago. He had moved to bigger premises - still excellent. Went last Friday and still excellent food BUT I am really worried that the horrible DACOTA TEX MEX lot will take his business away........I have to admit we tried it one night as the kids wanted to but it was poor in comparison - it was slow and the food wasn't a patch on Nico's. Do us all a favour if you want excellent Mexican food please support Nico - you can't beat it for taste and value.

We had nachos and a mini wheel which is a mixture of mexican starters, chilli dogs, top quality delicious steak, fajitas, & burgers all with appropriate accompaniments...

debz1 09-08-2006 07:28

Totally agree about Nico's the one and only Tex Mex worth eating in the Port!

Liked your review on Los Z as well Tumbet ( I like tumbet as well ;) !)..excellent restaurant for food service and ambience :)

Debs

griffo 09-08-2006 14:36

Nicos is top notch however some friends of ours did eat at the Tex Mex and thought it was great. Don't think TM will affect Nicos as we had to wait for 35 mins for table at Nicos. Tex Mex is here to stay it was very busy the 2 weeks we were there, things change people get on with life ,Tex Mex is not going to go away and we did'nt think it looked out of place, the resturant at the back of it was still doing well please move on.

mrred69 09-08-2006 16:11

Can you post some directions to NICOS..thanks

debz1 09-08-2006 16:45

It's a bit over the top and dramatic to say move on and get on with life >D

I was merely expressing an opinion griffo to which I'm entitled !

debz1 09-08-2006 16:51

Hi mrred69

Nico's is in the Formentor Rd. If you walk along the front and turn left at Pascalinos you will find Nico's on the right at the end of this walk way.

Debs

mrred69 09-08-2006 17:31

Thanks Debs, do you know if it is children friendly? I know most places cater for them...but does it have a specific childrens menu?..thanks again

tumbet 09-08-2006 18:03

Definately children friendly - absolutely - no problemo! We went for my daughters 15th birthday last week but also went 5 years ago for my sons 12th birthday.......little people are very well catered for.

mrred69 09-08-2006 18:35

thanks tumbet...by the way how is the weather there at the moment...I hate looking at the long range as it says thunder etc..but noce to hear from a recent visitor?

tumbet 09-08-2006 20:35

We were in PP from 1 - 8/8. There were clouds around and we had a small thunderstorm but the sun is always around the corner.......temps were in the 30's. Apparently the week before they had been having a heat wave and temps were in the 40's - now that's no fun!

mrred69 09-08-2006 20:40

thanks for the info, we are out there from Saturday for a week...30's is just fine....it's just we went a couple of years ago and we had constant rain for 3 days to the fact the the roads were flooded opposite the beach bar and pollenca park..was no fun...didn't want that to happen again

griffo 14-08-2006 15:31

Off-topic comments removed - this discussion is about Nicos. webmaster

terryw 14-08-2006 15:41

Off-topic comments removed - as mentioned by this member - this discussion is about Nicos.
Webmaster

griffo 14-08-2006 17:29

Terry

so why not take off the others who are not talking about Nicos? the click strikes again just tell me how disable my account with you lot because you have 2 different lots of rules those for the click and those for the likes of me

pollensa 14-08-2006 18:49

Moderating & running this forum is becoming rather a thankless task considering that it is provided free. I did not remove the posts on the weather because although off-topic they were not at all offensive and I don't have the time to check each & every post (I run the main website as a full-time business).

I removed the last two because they were becoming offensive & personal as well as being off-topic and I am trying very hard to stop the posts degenerating as they have in the past.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with cliques and I pay no attention to WHO has made the posting.

Webmaster