Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 01:34

Default Who framed Roger Rabbit?

( Who framed Roger Rabbit ? 1988 Bob Hoskins/Joanna Cassidy)

Don't know about old Roger but I ate his cousin a couple of weeks ago with onions in La Fortalesa. Served with onions and lovely sauteed spuds it's one of my all time fave dishes from Mallorca. The sort of thing that you dream of, with a good bottle of rioja, whilst wileing the time away , back here in Blighty, between visits.

La Fortalesa , situated in the Formentor Rd, serves traditional mallorquian food, weighted more towards meat than fish and is ,in my opinion, a very good restaurant serving quality at reasonable prices.

Starting with mussels in wine (enough, but not to overfill) which were succulently fleshy and then onto the said rabbit dish. Wonderful, cooked to perfection and a reminder of the times (must be getting old) when mums cooked real food and processed food was a thing of the future. BLT had prawns and then a plateful of Frito Mallorquian. She retired stuffed, but me into a great creme brulee.

Service is very friendly ( nice couple Martin and Pauline ) , attentive and prices very reasonable for the quality ( c 50/60 Euros per couple including excellent wine).

I'd put this on a par with Posito and O'Lume as first choices for any of you folks out there wishing to try the more local cuisine than the tourist drag of the front or square. Give them your support , I don't think you'll be sorry.

They've certainly got me " in the frame"

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2006, 01:35

You stalking me BonysLad??!!

We seem to like and dislike all the same restaurants and have probably been in some of them at the same time over the years.

La Fortelesa is superb value for money and the Lomo con col (pork in cabbage ) is the best I've had.Never been able to bring myself to eat rabbit which is stupid I know as if I can eat other meat why be squeamish over rabbit. In fact after Gordon Ramsey and his pigs this week not sure I 'll be able to eat pork for a while Like BLT have had the Frito Mallorquian to start and all washed down with a bottle of Charteldon .. recommended to us by Martin ,who knows a lot about wine and loves to talk about it!

Great place to go in the winter months as well as it's open all year.

Debs
Old 12-08-2006, 20:48

Debs,

Stalking no !!!!, just fate , honey

But given the size of your husband and my complete lack of backbone my review on STAY titled " Brief Encounter" will have to be postponed, que sera, sera !!!!!

Anyway to stay on thread that pork sounds great, is it filet of pork or loin ? Didn't know La Fortalesa stayed open in the winter , do you know if it is open Xmas, New Year ? If so it's a great place to visit on those dark evenings.

BonysLad :rollin :rollin :rollin

p.s. Serves Gordon right ,fancy blubbing like that, fancy calling pigs after such fine examples of english womenfolk i.e. Trinny & Susannah !!!!!
Old 13-08-2006, 01:37

Bonyslad,

Typical Scotsman, eh what?? The pigs were far to well educated for that association.

Gordon is just an old fashionede Rangers boy at heart.

Regards

Jimbo
Old 13-08-2006, 01:42
jonnybob

Default re;Who framed Roger Rabbit?

Getting a bit of the Barry Normans.Your review sounds more like Local Hero directed by Bill Forsyth!!!!
Old 13-08-2006, 03:00

Default Re: re;Who framed Roger Rabbit?

Hi BonysLad

Think the pork is fillet ..it's so scrummy stuffed with pine nuts,
raisins and some little dark berry things..don't know what they are!Then the cabbage wrapped round the lot and served with delicious gravy and fluffy potatoes. We tend to have it more in the winter as it is real cosy food ,but if we've had a stormy day in the summer the restaurant is our number one choice.

I'm not sure if it's open over Christmas and New Year but I'll check it out in September and get back to you.

Debs
Old 14-08-2006, 20:22

Default Roger Rabbit

Thanks Debs,

Just checked their ad and it looks like they close Dec- Feb which is a shame because,as you say, a lot of their food would be great on those dark winter nights.

The pork is definitely on my must have list now.

BonysLad
Old 14-08-2006, 22:35

Default Re: Roger Rabbit

Debz, I read out your post to husband and he is now desperate to give La Fortalesa a try, it sounded soooo scrummy! Only there for a week in September, how on earth am I going to fit it all in! :eek
Old 15-08-2006, 02:36

Default Re: Roger Rabbit

Sandy a weeks hard to fit all the fab restaurants in ..there are just sooo many. I'm sure you would find La Fortelesa worth it though!