Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2006, 17:17

Default Lunch at Stay.

I was really pleased when my mum mentioned that she'd read about Stay in a magazine and wanted to go. Apparently the magazine said it was a "must do" restaurant, so we decided to pay a visit on my parents' last day as they were flying back home in the evening.

It was a warm day and we had a drink at the Miramar Hotel before walking up to the marina. I'm sure everyone knows that Stay has just been rebuilt and is quite a lot different from how it used to be.

It was very quiet when we went. Just a couple of tables occupied and we took a seat on the decking overlooking the sea. But it was very hot and I took a seat in full sun, knowing that as the meal went on, I'd probably melt into a puddle, so after braving it for about 15 minutes we reluctantly moved inside which was air-conditioned and much more comfortable.

The restaurant is very elegant - lots of steel and wood and it doesn't seem the sort of place to go for an intimate dinner. But the views are lovely and the staff were very helpful, attentive and discreet.

The menu was extensive - page after page of dishes each with its own little photo. Our starters included fried vegetables in a light batter, fish soup and parma ham and melon. I had the fried vegetables and they were delicious - the batter really was light and they were served with a lovely sauce. My dad's fish soup was "fantastic".

For mains we chose Hake, chicken breast in a sauce with a little puff pastry hat, and veal kidneys. Again, everything was cooked beautifully and the meal was delicious.

Our wine of the day was the Miguel Oliver Muscat which was off-dry, refreshing and very fruity. The children were given grilled chicken which they enjoyed and it was good for them to be able to explore the decking outside and go and have a look at the boats. Being a little older (6 and 10) they were able to go off pretty safely, but if I'd had toddlers with me, I would have been wary about the water being so near.

Some of us ordered desserts which were beautifully presented and included pears in puff pastry, a raspberry mascarpone sweet and chocolate mousse.

We had a lovely, very relaxed time and the Maitre D' was efficient and very polite. Maybe next time we'll have to try this restaurant at night as I'm sure it gets even better with the setting sun and all the lights of PP.

For the six of us the bill came to 185 euros which included water and soft drinks.

Jane
Sponsored Links