Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Double Helpings at Ca'n Costa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/878-double-helpings-can-costa.html)

JH02JLH 17-08-2006 01:56

Double Helpings at Ca'n Costa

OK, to take a leaf out of Belladonna’s book, here goes:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Yes, I think I’m in love with Ca’n Costa…

This restaurant is quite simply in a league of its own and in my opinion there is nothing to touch it in the area. Maybe the restaurant at Son Brull would come close, but as I haven’t been there, I can’t comment.

We went to Ca’n Costa twice over the two weeks and it’s not just the food that was good. The staff are some of the best we’ve ever met and the place is so relaxed and beautiful. I always feel comfortable there and I just simply sit back and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere.

Our first night was lovely. We sat on the sofas and enjoyed a pre- dinner drink with nuts and olives to nibble on. Alex, who is perhaps my most favourite waiter, greeted us personally which made us feel very special. We ordered scallops and soup to start, followed by baked cod and lamb surrounded by chicken and wrapped in filo pastry.

All the meals were delicious and hubby raved about his cod, saying it was the best he’d ever tasted. The children were treated to spaghetti and chicken and we finished with desserts of chocolate torte (remember Meg Ryan?) and New York cheesecake.

Our wine for the first evening was the Jaume de Puntiro Carmesi and the bill came to 137 euros which included a freebie starter of chilled tomato juice (yummy) and beautiful breads with dips.

On our second evening, we took my parents who had visited in the past (under different ownership) and had very fond memories of the place. We were greeted warmly again and relaxed with drinks on the sofa while we studied the menu.

This time our starters included game ravioli and mackerel salad, which were all delicious. For our main courses we enjoyed calves liver, chicken and baked cod (again). My parents were impressed with the meals and the atmosphere of the restaurant which was filling up nicely.

But it was my Dad’s dessert that he is still raving about…he chose the lemon sorbet served with a shot of vodka. Never have I heard him rave about a dessert so much and I think he enjoyed it! I also enjoyed my chocolate fondant but managed to keep most of the moaning to a minimum…

We drank two bottles of wine with dinner – both of them the Macia Batle Crianza.

The bill came to 244 euros which included pre-dinner drinks, water and freebie starters of creamy goats cheese on a sun-dried tomato cake.

Quite simply stunning!

Overall, Ca’n Costa is superb and they seem to have everything right. The staff are friendly, attentive and efficient and we felt genuinely welcomed and taken care of. I only wish there was a branch near me…

Jane:b :b

bee66 17-08-2006 03:08

the most romatic poem ever:D

debz1 17-08-2006 16:37

My best restaurant in Pollensa..think everyone knows that already!!

Alex is brilliant but the new waitress has to be my favourite :D

Only 17 days to go!!!!

JH02JLH 17-08-2006 18:34

Hi Debs,

Yes, the new waitress is fantastic. A very big hit with all our family, but my daughter in particular!

Ca'n Costa should be particularly proud of its staff - to get the balance right - between service and food - is vitally important and the two compliment each other perfectly.

Lucky you with only 17 days to go! I want to hear some good reports!

Jane:D