Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52

Smile La Taverna de Temple

I just had to let everyone know (although part of me feels I should keep it a secret) what a truly fantastic evening Juan and I had in this lovely restaurant Saturday night in Pollensa Town. My main criteria was somewhere quiet, no big noisy tables, no loud music or waiters running around like crazy to serve everyone in time. We booked a table for 2200hrs. Amazingly, all boxes were ticked - corner table for two in the pretty garden, one very chilled polite waiter, fellow diners obviously enjoying their food and the peaceful atmosphere. After studying the menu we decided to go for the excellent set menu as this included dishes we fancied off the main menu. Advocado y prawn salad, tender tasty veal in red wine sauce and finally a chocolate mousse and cafe. We ordered a cool bottle of Macia Batle rosado wine, lots of water and sat back, relaxed and enjoyed every dish. The evening surpassed our expectations and the final bonus came when the bill arrived and it was a fantastic 54€!! The next day out and about in Valldemossa we were still talking about what a wonderul evening we had experienced and really cant wait to return. I hope this report does not mean I shall have trouble getting a table.... Traditional Mallorcan venue at its best.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 13:24
Founder

Sounds lovely. Do you think you need to book mid-week & if you want to eat a little earlier than 10pm? How much is the set menu? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2011, 13:45

My favourite restaurant in Pollensa...it certainly ticks all the boxes

I think the set menu must be a new addition to the menu and it sounds amazing value. Roll on Septmeber!
Old 08-08-2011, 19:07

Probably not necessary to book mid week (although after my posting maybe?) I just like to go into a restaurant and have a table waiting for me. Think the set menu was 15.50€ without drinks. Strange as each main course that we fancied was about 13€ so you could not loose really. Also fantastic selection of authentic tapas on the menu so would be ideal spot for a group of friends to share a great variety of tastes. My brother comes out next month and I shall take him and his lovely fiancee there too......
Old 08-08-2011, 19:58

Used to love this place, haven't been there for a year or two. There were some rumours going round it was either closing or up for sale. JMD's description sounds pretty much like it was when I last went there so maybe there's been no change of owner.
Old 09-08-2011, 13:28

No I think its the same guy who has been in there the last 4-5 years - or maybe more. Maybe called Rafael but not sure. I recall popping in years ago for some tapas but I was with different people and not looking for the same atmosphere. To find a quiet hideaway in August is like striking gold.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:05

Do you have the telephone no for reservations?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:12

Hi Posh try this

La Taberna del Temple

C/Montisión,17
Tel. 971 53 10 61•

On island time!!
Old 18-08-2011, 12:45

The owner is called Rafael (Rafa) and I'd like to vouch for his food, wine and good service at sensible prices.
Old 18-08-2011, 12:57

Great to hear. I cant wait to go back again for some excellent food and fab relaxing atmosphere.
Old 23-05-2012, 09:31

We decided to give La Taberna a go on the strength of the glowing reviews on the forum and we're so glad we did. It's a great little place, with a very friendly owner who cooks all the tapas to order and they are delicious. The inside is cosy and would be ideal for a cold night, out of season. We sat on the walled patio out the back and it has a lovely warm, relaxed atmosphere that I've never come across in the Port. We will definitely be booking again in August.
JMD40 likes this.
Old 30-05-2012, 19:39

Totally agree - we went there 3 times during the last fortnight!! Always sat under the lemon tree in the corner and on our last visit (last night) there was a bowl of lemons waiting for us to take home!! (did stretch the weight allowance but worth it!) Full report later
debz1, Sparky and JMD40 like this.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:31

Default La Taverna de Temple

sssssschhh. dont tell everyone or it will get too busy and I wont get a table!
debz1 and Rosie34 like this.
Old 05-06-2012, 20:37

Has this placed closed down or is it just closed on Mondays & Tuesdays? I rang the number above but got error in connection so I drove to Pollensa last night Monday but it was closed and I came again tonight and it is closed so ended up having pizza instead.
Old 05-06-2012, 20:55

send you a private message :-)