Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The White Restaurant (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/871-white-restaurant.html)

4brads 24-08-2006 21:17

The White Restaurant

A big hello to anyone reading this as it's my first posting. I'm on holiday in PP on Sunday for a week and am trying to find out the name of a restaurant I went to in Sept. 04. It was along Pine Walks and was all white, white front, white chairs tables tableclothes etc... or that's how I remember it anyway. I think it also had a crab as a motif. Would like to know if anyone has any info i.e. name, is it still there? Is the food still good as I enjoyed one the best meals ever whilst there last time.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

smiddy 24-08-2006 22:20

White Rest

Hi1! 4 brads, and welcome. Not much of a clue, mate, they're all painted white:lol

Off the top of my head they're all still there, although the Boda Mar has closed (and is now a supermarket selling lilos>: ) I think this may be the one you are referring to. However, from the Ila D'Or you have

!) Katies Bar(Poss)
2) Little Italy( Not, likely)
3) Los Pescadores(Poss)
4) Hostal Bahia(Poss)

Enjoy your search.

4brads 24-08-2006 23:33

Re: White Rest

Thanks Smiddy, I think it was Boda Mar, not too big a place but had tables on the other side of the walk, practically on the beach, shame really I was looking forward to going back:( , any recommendations for alternative places? 4 adults and 2 young children, quality food and decent veiws would be nice, anywhere in PP or the old town?

JH02JLH 24-08-2006 23:55

Hi 4brads,

Welcome!

For food recommendations, just have a browse through all the posts on this part of the forum. There are so many good restaurants you'll be spoilt for choice.

Plus, to the left of this screen is a list of links to restaurants - look under "Once You're There" - Eating Out. Some of the popular restaurants are listed with menus and locations.

Have a great holiday!

Jane:D

pollensa 25-08-2006 01:12

Re Bou de Mar - it used to be owned by the same people as Trencadora so you may like that (in the old town) - see www.puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html as suggested & welcome to the forum.

4brads 26-08-2006 03:07

Thanks everyone for the info, will report back in a week on my experiences, all good ones with a bit of luck!

Regards, Howard.

debz1 26-08-2006 03:39

What a shame that restaurant has gone... and I had no idea there was a supermarket there now ( :eek I've just bitten my tongue!)

We had lunch there a couple of years ago and the food was very good (didn't know it was same owners as Trencadora either pollensa) It was very modern and smart and as you said Howard 'all white'

Can't understand why it wasn't a success as I personally think Pine Walk would benefit from more restaurants like that as they all tend to be a bit 'snacky' ..Bahia and I'lla D'Or excluded.

Debs