Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2006, 18:48

Default Oh C'an Costa - how much do I love thee

Let me count the ways:

The history ; was the first cinema in Pollensa, and also the home of Miguel (or was it Manuel?) Costa the poet, although not sure which came first?

The wonderful entrance which makes you feel like a film star!

The cosy but spacious feel of the interior (well done) with the excellent colour scheme of burgundy to add warmth to the stone and terracotta on a chilly eve.

The sumptious sofas to choose a cocktail from - has to a bellini!

The choice of amazing food - which I tried desperately to remember for you but cant remember my starter!
Peppered squid; ostrich, chocolate torte were all included but memory not as good as the taste buds!
The appitiser was delicious - a tuna type fishball with plenty of spice/ herb taste - and not TOO fishy.

The waiters - we were the only ones in on Saturday night until about 10pm (still out of season this week) but they were attentive enough without making you feel they were watching you all the time. Checking everything was ok and chatting if you wanted to. Debz - you were mentioned as a regular by the young waiter - didnt get the waiters names unfortunately.

If I had to find fault, would have liked another log on the fire a bit later on: I would love to have had some more Spanish music played as well as the English: please tell people of the cocktail menu befor asking if they would like a drink - not a big problem as I found it and changed my order!!

Price bracket; 3 courses with appitiser,cocktail, bottle of wine and coffee for 2 about 120euros.

Would I recommend it - without a doubt! Just make sure you leave me a table for 4 in August for our anniversary!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2006, 19:12

Hi belladonna!

So glad you enjoyed your meal at C'an Costa..it really is that extra bit special and ticks all the boxes. There are lots of fantastic restaurants in Pollensa and PP but no other (Los Z a close second) seems to get it as right as C'an Costa does time after time.....Surroundings, food, atmosphere and staff all perfect.

Can't wait to go again in a couple of weeks

Debs
Old 08-04-2006, 19:28
KILLIAN MCCORMACK

Sounds great.....can I have some directions? Is it suitable for children (aged 4 & 8) ?
Thanks
K
Old 08-04-2006, 23:55

Hi Killian,

Directions from the square in Old Pollensa are:

Take the little lane in between the church and Cafe Espanyol and walk towards the Cockerel Fountain - direction of the steps.

Once you come to the cockerel fountain turn right and Ca'n Costa is just along this street on the left. This street has quite a few shops, there's a newsagent/book shop on your right.

You can see the sign from where the cockerel fountain is.

I am no good at giving directions so if anyone has a better route, please say!

As for children - why not? I remember taking my 9 week old daughter there twice but she was asleep in a pram both times.

I am sure they will welcome children and I know they used to do a children's menu but you could always ask for smaller portions or our standby - grilled chicken!

Enjoy
Jane:b

Old 09-04-2006, 03:59
KILLIAN MCCORMACK

Thanks a million for this Jane. I didnt realise that it is in Pollensa Town. I cant wait to try it out now in a few weeks time.
Old 09-04-2006, 18:19

Dont even attempt to get into town with a car! We usually park somewhere near the Pont Roma; take the road called Horta and walk on down, be careful as very few pedestrian areas so you need to have eyes in the back of your head - especially with children - turn left down either Sant Sebastia or the next one along Econom Cifre - this one takes you along the side entrance of Can Costa, dont go in the side entrance! Turn right into Carrer Costa i Llobera which has a sort of sweet shop first then the main entrance to C.C is on the right.

Having worried about where to take 3 children for the past 24 years, we are now in the lucky position of being able to choose restaurants which are a little more adult friendly. I dont think C.C. would be a good restaurant for children (other than those asleep in the pushchair!) in the evening, but cant comment on lunch time. There are many restaurants a little further on which are around the square which are absolutely ideal for children - so find a babysitter, and get the best out of both!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 18:48

Hi Killian

I agree with belladonna that C'an Costa is probably not the most suitable for very young children not because they wouldn't make them welcome (they do have a childrens menu)...but because they would probably get bored. It is soley indoors (no terrace)and I know when mine were little it was always better and more relaxing to be by the square, Promenade or Pine Walk so they could let off steam after the meal!!

You could try it for lunch as they now have a few tables outside..but try and do as belladonna says, get a babysitter if possible and go in the evening as it really is special. Or alternatively wait till your children are still coming on holiday with you in their twenties and all go to CC together !!! Chels needs to take out a mortgage on those holidays!! :eek

Debs
Old 10-04-2006, 00:20

Debz, it gets worse - they now want to bring their girl / boyfriends with them too! :rollin
Old 10-04-2006, 01:07

We've been through that loop as well!!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:19
awstephens

Default > Oh C'an Costa - how much do I love thee

I have to agree with all of the flattering comments for C'an Costa, it was our fourth visit to Pollensa and we finally got to go to the much talked about C'an Costa. The location was fantastic, we decided to sit outside as it was such a lovely evening, however a future visit will include a meal inside to enjoy the opulent surroundings. The meal and service were also very special, the waiter was a French chap called Alex who was very good, knowledgeable about the food and happy to explain what each dish was about.

Please do not make our mistake and leave it until your 4th visit.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:16

Default Re:Oh C'an Costa - how much do I love thee

SO glad this is still a favourite aw! Didnt have the option of ourside seating when we tried it, inside was fabulous enough for me at the time, and it was a bit chilly - hence the log on the fire. But intend to go there with friends in August for our anniversary meal so may consider the outside option. May be it would be a bit too busy though then with everyone walking by, I would imagin the atmosphere wouldnt quite be the same. However, will definately try it for a lunch time.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:15

Default Re: Re:Oh C'an Costa - how much do I love thee

My daughter is going out to PP this Thursday to work for a couple of months at C'an Costa and will be waiting on the tables outside which are new this year. When you go to the restaurant bella say hi to her

Debs
Old 13-07-2006, 04:49

There have been tables outside Ca'n Costa in the past - about 2 years ago there were a couple of tables there - before the new owners took over, but I never saw anyone sitting at them.

The street outside is fairly quiet, but it's great to have that option and we may take our children there to eat so they can run about and not get in anyone's way.

I can't wait! Just 2 and a half weeks to go!

Jane
Old 13-07-2006, 06:23

Sure will Debz, let me know her name on my message board if shes still working there in August. Hope she makes a wicked cocktail!!
Old 27-07-2006, 18:26

A question for C'an Costa officionados - Debz, your daughter may be able to answer this one. Whilst browsing through the restaurant/cook book Flavours of Mallorca, I realised the C'an Costa they advertise there is actually in Alcudia town, and also there is one in CV.

Now, has the Alcudia restaurant been relocated to PP in the past few years (I have now idea how old this book is), but it does say that the Alcudia restaurant is where Miguel Costa the writer lived, where as we have been led to believe it was in PP. And IS there one in CV?? There is no mention of our favourite CC in PP though! Answers ASAP pse!! :\