Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Tolo's (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/866-tolos.html)

eirelav 05-07-2006 18:43

Tolo's

Tolo's is just oposite the windsurfing area as you walk in the oposite direction from pine walk. The staff are amazingly friendly and the food, be it breakfast, a snack or an evening meal was extremely good. I would highly recommend the starwberries and cream :lol

debz1 05-07-2006 18:44

Tolo's is two minutes from our apartment and is a regular watering hole for us normally when we come off the beach about 6'ish and we are desperate for a beer olives and alioli :p

It's very popular with young families as they do good ' kids grub' but also very good traditional fare as well. Great pizzas and salads as well!

It's always very busy at lunchtimes and early evenings and if you are staying near South Sandy beach you can't miss it as it is the first restaurant before the shops start.

Debs

smiddy 08-07-2006 22:43

Tolo's

Tried this restaurant last week, very nice, smart, good food. If you do decide to visit, you'll enjoy the attention of the Sengalese waiters, lovely, big, friendly guys

eirelav 02-08-2006 21:34

I agree with the comment about the waiters - they were great blokes :D

its cd 03-08-2006 06:12

Me too

We went for lunch last week ........... gosh was it only that long ago

The waiters were fantastic and the food was also great

Quelys 04-08-2006 01:26

Sorry to disagree but I found the waiters (or one in particular) to be really rude and unhelpful. I had ordered sangria and when we tried it it tasted like it had been sat for hours with ice melting in it so it was really watery. When I mentioned this to the waiter he said he wouldn't change it and that if I thought it was weak he would add more alcohol!! I explained that it wasn't the lack of alcohol but the overall taste and he just stood there with his arms crossed and became argumentative - I felt like he was taking it personally as he said he'd made it himself. I was ready to leave but the head waiter came over and changed the sangria for wine and we enjoyed a great pizza. I would go for a take away pizza in the future but never risk another meal there. I've eaten in numerous restaurants in the port since moving here but have never experienced such bad manners from a waiter as in Tolos.

dolgoed 07-08-2006 04:01

Been going there for 8 years and have always found the staff brill

fiesta 11-08-2006 19:10

tolos

We will give this place another try when we are back in October,last time we went there was a terrible atmosphere between the staff,and my son's drink got knocked over(it was blowing a gale)they were not chuffed at all!Poor soul was upset and they didn't help matters.
Still,maybe they were having an off day?
>:

dolgoed 12-08-2006 04:31

Re: tolos

Yes they always look like they are rushing around and uptight but only with each other. They have always been great with us and our children.

Tony 31-08-2006 05:08

TOLOS

We ate at Tolo's last week. I say we, a party of 41 !!!
The service we received for such a large number was terrific, we gave them 3 cheers at the end.