Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2006, 17:08
Founder

Default Re: balaixa

As already stated in the Terms & Consitions of this forum, we do not allow personal abuse of any type.

the purpose of this forum is to provide useful information for potential holiday makers.

Webmaster
Sponsored Links
Old 14-07-2006, 01:26
awstephens

I have just got back from Pollensa and we managed to go to Balaixa twice, once in the evening and once for lunch. On both occasions we were very impressed, as a couple of people have mentioned there are quite a few cats but that did not bother us, however I can understand those who find it unacceptable. I felt it was more like going to a friend’s house for a meal rather than going to a restaurant, the food was very good and the service was relaxed yet efficient. I was interested on the comments on the size of portions as I certainly can eat with the best of them and I found the portions quite big - not excessive but I never felt short changed in terms of the amount of food. We will return!!!
Old 14-07-2006, 22:29
beachboy88

Default Re: Re: balaixa

Was the comment directed to me? for not liking Balaixa? or directed TO Balaixa restaurant?

I am sorry if I have ofended anyone, but opinions are important!

BB88
Old 26-08-2006, 21:34
cheniesbucks

Well here goes - I've been back a week from PP and I've thought long and hard as to whether to add my opinion about this restaurant (we went a 8 days ago with friends for lunch)

People who know me on this forum will know me as someone who has raved about this place after 2 lovely evenings there last year and one beautiful take away from them back in march.

I was one of the people who saw the malicious comment from an ex-employee a while back and I supported Pollensa when she withdrew it as it had a very very nasty tone to it. (I'm all for reading opinions but that was vindictive and insulting)

Our visit to the Balaixa last friday was with another family of 4 who we met over there (there child is in my daughters class!) Our visit for LUNCH was not as great as I had expected and our party felt that it was very pricey. Arnie and Mandy seemed stressed and looked tired and gaunt. Our poor waitress was very harrassed and we felt for her. We did witness lots of english children running around tormenting the many cats in the garden and I can undertand if some people found the cats a problem from previous comments. (I, for one dont allow my children to pick up cats and maul them especially when out dining). My previous comments on having an EVENING meal there still stand and we HAVE in the past had some nice romantic evenings there without children for which we'll remember fondly.

Maybe, we just caught the Balaixa on a bad day - who knows? - and I am really hoping that I will not be shot down in flames for expressing this view. Lets please not let my posting degenerate into a full scale war as has sometimes happened. My comment should be considered valid and I enjoy posting on this forum and "tentatively" chatting in the chat room.

The rest of our time in PP was fab ESPEICALLY meeting Sarah (Sazzle) and I thank this forum for enabling me to meet a fantastic friend whom I hope to meet up with every year in our favourite resort!

Vikki x
Old 26-08-2006, 21:58
Founder

Thank you for your honest opinion Vicky.

Am not just reminding everyone that we welcome honest & objective feedback from those who have eaten at this restaurant (& others) this year and have not yet posted.

Webmaster
Old 29-08-2006, 00:08
ManDir

Everyone is allowed an opinion and mine is as follows:-

Have eaten in Balaixa at least once a week for the past six weeks, always in the evening. (How sad is that!)

My family and i have always had impecable service, even on the busy nights, the hosts Arnie and Mandy try and give everyone an individual welcome. Jake and Monica back there welcome with prompt attentive service. I know that cooking for 100 a people a night can be daunting so the odd wait for a main course to arrive whilst chatting amongst friends has never been an issue. Especially when many other plces just want you in and out so they can resell the table.

The food is definately above avergae, there are better more sophisticated places to eat, but there are few others where your kids are so well entertained, have the full garden to run in and are not frowned upon by erstwhile owners just thinking of the profit.

Someone said on this site earlier in the year it was like going to visit friends in the country, well i agree and look forward to going back to see them many more times.

PS The Bistro Balaixa in Cala San Vincente is super, lighter and ideal after a long hot day on the beach when a huge meal is not needed (the portions at Balaixa seem to get bigger)
Old 31-08-2006, 05:50

M wife and the family spent a very good evening in the company of Mallorcaboy and his wife, all I can say what a great evening, the place was very busy but the staff were attentive and again the service and food were all wonderful.
I will be back in PP on 8th Sept and will be on the phone to book a seat near the pool.
My best regards to all at the Balaixa
Pauline and Keith