Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2006, 05:16

Default Restaurants visited................

Thought I would write a few words about restaurants we visited during our recent 2 weeks hols

Day 1 ...Bodega Can Ferrar -nothing fancy just lovely reasonably priced fish dishes and friendly service from father & sons -we had mixed Tapas starter (squid rings in home made light batter, mussles,fritos mallorcan,prawns & meat balls) followed by Bouillabaisse accompanied by litre jug of strong sangria..........delicious & very reasonable
Day2.....Tango's - Fish of the day which was Sea bream served with potatoes and veg & Turbot fillets stuffed with prawns (they even cooked my daughter a sea bass fillet and charged only 6 Euros) bottle of house white wine and
Creme Catalana's and a Jamaican Coffee............Great location in the square friendly service good food reasonably priced
Day3....La Fortalessa -Baby squid and little green peppers to start followed by Fritas Marina and stuffed Aubergine then the mixed desserts to finish - starters were best thing about the meal (stuffed aubergine a bit cold and tasteless) but still all in all quite enjoyable but not a lot of atmosphere
Day 4... Back to Bodega Can Ferrar for fish and crab Paella
Day 5...Le Font de Gall - Mussels/Fishcakes to start Sea bass/chicken cassoulet for mains shared mixed desserts ....this was by far our most expensive meal but was served far too quickly we had finished in an hour! not a disaster but won't be rushing back
Day 5...Os Cachelos - thought we would give this a try as loved the setting at the top of the market square had menu of the day 14.95Euros - average
Day 6...back to Tangos LOVED the Langoustines wrapped in fish & bacon
Day 7 ...C'an Olesa - nice setting lovely pimientos to start and pizzas to follow
Day8..O'Lumes - Our favourite meal of the holiday excellent service great food (Monkfish & clam casserole) also tried the famous fried milk pudding and given complimentary liqueurs & chocs ... will definitely be back
Day 9...back to Bodega Can Ferrar for more mixed tapas & bouillabaisse
Day 10...Cantinet disappointed no children’s menu but lobster spaghetti & seafood ravioli quite nice mixed desserts very nice complimentary starters and glass of Cava were given - quite enjoyable
Day 11...Los Zarzales - beautiful courtyard setting very friendly service excellent food .. Definitely worth another visit
Day 12...O'Lumes even better than the first visit (if possible)
Day 13 ...Sorry but back to good old Can Ferrar to say goodbye and enjoy prawns in batter followed by a huge sole and a couple of jugs of their wonderful sangria!
Sponsored Links
Old 18-08-2006, 06:23

Hi Charlotte,

It was great to read your reviews and I'm glad you had the same wonderful experience as we did at O Lume.:b

Now, Cantonet...you mentioned complimentary starters and cava...we never had anything like that and I wasn't aware of anyone else having those either on the terrace.

Can I ask a question? Were you sitting inside or outside?

Jane>:
Old 18-08-2006, 14:55
lizglass1

Hi,
Off to Pollensa soon.
Where exactly is Bodega Can Ferrar?
thanks liz
Old 18-08-2006, 16:51

Hi Jane
we were sat inside at Cantonet (the terrace was fully booked but only 2 tables were occupied inside....maybe that's why we got better service and the freebies

Hi Liz
Bodega Can Ferrer is down a side street off the beach front
road - left just before you get to the roundabout and pedestrian area (if approaching from opposite direction than the pinewalk)
Really can;t be beaten for value - we have been visiting it reguarly for the past 5 years and never been disappointed

just wish the hols weren't over!
Old 18-08-2006, 17:31

Hi Charlotte,

I had a feeling you were going to tell me you were sat inside...

I definitely think the service is inferior if you sit on the terrace which makes me all the more annoyed.

Thanks for the reply,

Jane
Old 05-09-2006, 18:28
comeonlfc

Default Eateries.........

Hello, Just returned from PP, and i agree, Tango's, is great, went there 4 times.

However, no one is mentioning El Mojitos, opposite Tango's?

We went there 4 times also, and it was 1st class, well on apar with Tangos?

Opinions?

Carl......
Old 06-09-2006, 16:05
jonnybob

Default eateries

Hola
Im in PP at the moment trying the 14 day challenge.
So far Tiberi,Cap de canto,Lorac and Neptuno.All good in diffirent ways.Will give full report asap,Getting dragged to market.....sorry