Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2006, 20:05
Mark1Home

Default Bony

Hi, new to the site..
I have been going to puerto de pollensa for the last 9 years, and I always have my nightcap in Bony's! Jose... what a legend. shame he has lost the 2 boys Nuno and Hierro that used to work there with him. The girls that work there now are nice though, very friendly. I also noticed he had a new English apprentice this year! I spoke to her she seemed very friendly, and I also didnt have to speak slowly to make sure she got my order haha (just kidding, they are very good there). she also new alot about the town.. jose seemed fond of her too!
I also heard he has taken over the lease of the building...
oh and if anyone gets the chance, ask to see jose's art.. its amazing... and the pegs on his trousers are for inspiration... apparently.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2006, 02:46
comeonlfc

Ha ha ha

I wondered what the pegs were for, the bloke is a nutter :-)

And, as you said, the girls are really good.

We went each night before going for a meal.

Carl..................
Old 06-09-2006, 08:16
Oakyjames

Hi,
yes, I am also a regular to PP and also to Bony bar!
I'm glad to see Jose was a lot happier this year, probally due to the fact he has taken over part of the lease. Well done to him, he deserves it.
Yes, I noticed the young English girl too, and rumour around town is that it is actually Jose's daughter?:eek apparently he has a child who lives in England? If she is his daughter she certainly has the gift of the gab. I watched Jose training her up one afternoon and it was quite funny, every time she did something wrong she got a peanut thrown at her! but instead of being scared and quiet, she threw them back.. it was a comedy act! She served our table once too and by the end of our stay our 2 kids were keen to grasp her attention just like they are with Jose. maybe a female Jose in the making? :b especially with the bar mat flicking which could be her party trick... who knows... we will have to see next year!
cheers everyone!:rollin
Old 06-09-2006, 15:53
Mark1Home

Regarding her being Jose's daughter, I had that suspicion too. At first I was put off by her being English and Jose's English not being fantastic, but then I heard them having a very fast conversation in Spanish too... She also came and went as she pleased and got to wear casual clothes which also adds fuel to the flame! Cheeky like Jose as well!
I did mention her to Jose and he said "Don't cry, my little friend helps today, maybe not tomorrow, but she help today"
typical Jose, doesn't give anything away!!
I know all you people must think we need to get out more ha ha, trying to analyse this poor mans life! But when you become a Puerto Pollensa "celeb" like Jose, people will talk!! ha ha
Old 06-09-2006, 20:01
Oakyjames

Yes, we are very sad discussing this, but speaking for myself I have nothing much to do today and its playing on my mind...
My wife has since informed me that we DID speak to her quite a lot but with the portions of brandy they were serving I can no longer remember... her name is Danielle, or Dani as the Spanish staff called her... jose had a different name in Spanish for her but not being able to speak spanish we can't remember it. She said she was only going to be working there for a short time this year but hopes to return next year to gain experience...
Niether my wife nor I can remember her saying anything about where she came from though!! which still leads me to believe she is some form os relation to Jose... Similar personality trates, party tricks, she spoke Spanish well to the other staff... and Jose gave her lots of attention (hugs etc.. making her feel welcome) which he never does to his other staff...
I do hope she returns next year.. she was good with the kids and better looking then good old Jose, if I do say so, without the wife getting me :b ...
whoever she is she has certainly got us talking... the little things in life ey? ha ha:rollin
cheers everyone