Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-2006, 00:45

Default Late for O Lume...

My first visit to O Lume could have been my last when we were late for our booking at 8pm. I’d left the family in the square enjoying a drink and went off to find it, having only the vaguest memory of where it actually was, tucked away down one of the back streets of PP.

After almost giving up, I tried one more time and this time was lucky, so after booking I returned to the square and was shocked to find it was already 7.45pm. My husband had just ordered another beer and wasn’t going to be rushed so I sat and wriggled with impatience while he finished his drink and managed to catch the waiter’s eye at Café L’Algar to pay our bill.

As we walked in (I take it the man in charge was Jaime?) he teased me by looking at his watch and I was very apologetic for being late.

So, I was there, at the famous O Lume and we were seated at the back of the restaurant in a little outside terrace opposite another family… While we studied the menu we were given little freebie starters of fishy croquettes for the children and a sort of fishy potato salad for us adults. Delicious! We also enjoyed bread and butter.

The restaurant was quiet, and the service we were receiving (from Jaime?) was wonderful. Very polite, attentive and friendly.

For starters hubby and I chose grilled vegetables which were fantastic. They were cooked beautifully and included carrots, courgettes, onions, tomatoes and asparagus. There was a delicious sweetness to them and they made a great entrance to the meal.

The children enjoyed grilled chicken for their main course while hubby chose the barbecued rabbit and I went for veal escalope. Both our dishes were delicious and it was a lovely change to have veal amidst all the ducks and lambs I’d been eating. The veal was in a tasty, creamy sauce and served with vegetables and crispy French fries. Our wine choice of the evening was a Jaume Mesquida Negre which was a very reasonable 12 euros. It was fruity and full-bodied and had a slight hint of liquorice and pears poached in wine.

It was while we were eating dinner that I was recognised by the family opposite who had seen my photo on the forum, so we had a great chat about the restaurant. We were both of the opinion that O Lume was certainly living up to its reputation.

For dessert, I just had to experience the fried milk and it was great! Like a custard tart encased in a light batter and served with ice-cream. The children had very good quality chocolate ice-cream which of course they wolfed down!

As we sat back, satisfied, and with big smiles on our faces, Jaime offered us a complimentary liqueur and with them, the most delicious chilled chocolates.

All in all this ranks as one of the top meals we had over the two weeks. Not only in terms of food and service but for incredible value for money when I compare it to Cantonet. The meal for the four of us came to a fantastic 77 euros, half the price of the Pollensa restaurant. Cantonet didn’t even begin to compare when it came to our overall experience.

I cannot understand why this wonderful restaurant is not packed to the rafters every night. As the evening wore on, I was pleased to see more diners arriving and I only hope that
it continues to be successful and word will spread.

I know the next time we visit PP, we’ll be straight back.

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 17-08-2006, 20:30

Jane,

Really glad you enjoyed it, have come to the conclusion that quality per buck it's hard to beat in PP.

Blimey,you've been busy since you're back . Enjoyed reading all of your reviews.I think the little personal details add to enjoyment rather than I just had A,B or C.

Bonyladette has put me on the Maple Syrup diet since I got back ( but I have pancakes & fried eggs with mine,unbeknown to her !!!).

Sounds like you had a goodtime all round with only a couple of poor meals out.

Were you in Bony's having pre dinner drinks one night and then did you move onto Maxims?, wasn't sure if it was you ( hubby in shorts and a couple of very well behaved kiddies in tow )?

Always in trouble with BLT for speaking to strange ( unknown not behavioural ) women but regret now not saying hello even though it might not have been you.

Take care

BonysLad
Old 17-08-2006, 23:17

Hi Bonyslad,

I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews - I have to say the feeling is mutual - yours are brilliant too.

As for seeing me at Bony's - I've sent you an EZinbox message!

Regards
Jane
Old 02-09-2006, 18:20
TracyT

Just wanted to say thanks for the O Lume recommendations. We ( 2 adults, 2 kids aged 13 & 11) headed there on our first night (Sun 20/8) & had a wonderful meal there. Children had soup & veg lasagne, we had set meal at 19 euro, complimentary croquettes , brandy & chocs. Had the place to ourselves but a large party of Spanish 20 somethings arrived as we were leaving just after 10. Couldn't believe how quiet it was compared to the absolutely heaving square. This was definitely the best meal we had in PP.
Old 12-09-2006, 23:31
gazza63

hi

o lume sounds wonderfull , thinking of booking it on your recommendation for my partners 50th birthday in the first week of october,can you please give me the address.
we are all flying from gatwick on the 29th for a week long birthday bash ..............

many thanks

gary
Old 13-09-2006, 01:54

Hi Gary,

The address is:

Juan de la Cosa 9
07470 Port de Pollenca

Phone 971 865 098 or 971 865 464.

Jane
Old 13-09-2006, 03:41
Snowy

Try here