Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Best 5 Restaurant's in PP 2012 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/8516-best-5-restaurants-pp-2012-a.html)

Belladonna 12-10-2012 21:30

Lucky you have lifts available then Lorenzo! ;)

Doogz1874 17-10-2012 13:25

After a great deal of thought (probably too much) trying to sort out 1st & 2 I've finally given up- so here is my list based on visits in May & September:

Joint 1st/2nd: O Lume & El Posito
3: La Llonja
4: Cellar la Parra
5: Los Faroles

Now I've got that out the way I'll maybe get round to starting the trip report for September sometime soon ;)

jobean 17-10-2012 19:05

thanks !!! from la cabana

thanks for the positive feedback again & vote !!
:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 76918)
No more visits for this year so thought I would vote for my top 5, very difficult as we visited lots of different ones and at different times through the year over the four weeks. As usual the standard was high at nearly all of them and I don’t think we had a bad meal anywhere. We tried a few different ones and had some fantastic long lunches, special celebratory meals and some lovely meals out with special friends.

So top five and at number 1 and simply the best food we have ever had in the port O Lume! A fantastic night in the summer with the Sparkes, great food, faultless service and the most friendly welcome ever, so looking forward to trying it again in the winter as well.

At number 2 La Cabana, each time we go the food and service just get better and better, fantastic tapas, great location with views across the bay, like it for long lunches and for dinner or quick snacks, a must for every visit now.

At number 3, just, Bellavista, food once again fantastic and all veggie of cause so much choice, we prefer it for long lunches, we off the beach to cool down, lovely shady garden to sit and just chill, great value MDD and so friendly staff. WE called in a couple of weeks ago for our last meal before we went home and sat in the sun and just wished we didn’t have to leave. Also a must visit place, wish it was open through the winter.

At number 4 Guru, once again fantastic food and such a lovely welcome, we have been going since it opened and its great to go back each time, great place to sit and relax with the Sparkes as well, we all love it I think. Lots of choice and great pizzas, great value for money and again a must visit place.

And finally at number 5 Tolos, another place we have been going to for years, great friendly welcome and for long lunches, sitting at the back people watching and drinking in the fantastic panorama of the bay, the only place to be on a scorching summer day. Great food, lovely pizzas and salads and once again a must visit restaurant.

So there you have it, another year of great food, we tried lots of different places and enjoyed all of them. Other ones to get a special mention, el Mojito, first time for a few years and the food was a good as ever, Manduca also great food and so pleased they stayed open through the winter, we had a few meals there and once again friendly service and of cause in the winter they have time to stop and chat. Looking forward to doing it all over again next year when we will definitely try el Posito again and hopefully finaly make it to Stay!
so

1 O Lume
2 La Cabana
3 Bellavista
4 Guru
5 Tolos

sws97sdg 18-10-2012 09:02

Thats OK Jobean, I believe in giving credit where credit is due! :)

Rosie34 20-10-2012 11:58

This choice gets more difficult each time!

Based on our October trip my top 5 are:

1. Trio - never lets us down
2. Citrus - as above - apart from when not open on time and when football takes over!!
3. Bellavista " "
4 Brisa Marina - great new experience
5 Stay - would be higher but disappointed with menu. I know its
extensive but from my point of view there was not enough
choice for me.

Kaycee 03-11-2012 23:03

Our top 5 restaurants after 2 visits this year to PP

1 La Llonja
2 La Cabana
3 Bar Coral
4 Stay
5 Mirch Massala

mwc 13-11-2012 13:59

Well that's it for another year. Final standings as follows:

1st. Stay - 95 points
Joint 2nd. La Llonja - 48 points
Joint 2nd. O' Lume - 48 points
3rd. Citrus - 44 points
4th. Ca'n Josep - 29 points

Total of 68 different restaurants voted for in total, thank's for all that have voted & looking forward to next year already.

Sparky 13-11-2012 17:57

MWC thank you so much for taking the time to run with this thread again this year :D:D and thanks to everyone who took time out to cast their votes.

jiggggy 17-11-2012 00:52

Well, my favourite restaurant ANYWHERE gets top billing for the third year on the run.
Surely it must be crownd the people's favourite eatery in PP. :)

mwc 21-11-2012 14:46

Last three years results to compare for those who are interested.

1st. Stay - 50 points
2nd. El Posito - 45 points
3rd. O’Lume - 44 points
4th. Tango - 32 points
5th. Ca’n Josep - 30 points

1st. Stay - 94 points
2nd. O’Lume - 89 points
3rd. El Posito - 46 points
4th. Ca’n Josep - 40 points
5th. La Llonja - 39 points

1st. Stay - 95 points
Joint 2nd. La Llonja - 48 points
Joint 2nd. O'Lume - 48 points
3rd. Citrus - 44 points
4th. Ca'n Josep - 29 points

Smiddy 23-11-2012 15:11

Top restaurants

Thanks MWC for compiling the league table, it makes interesting reading and has certainly covered a broad spectrum of restaurants. A lot of the same restaurants getting mentioned year-in, year-out, but special congrats to Citrus, only open 2 years and already giving the big boys a run for their money.

Nice to know little establishments are still popular, and get the votes based on excellent food and service.

Now if only you could arrange to have your football team move up the league table, a little!;)

mwc 23-11-2012 16:22

Thank's Smiddy, after all it was you who introduced us to Citrus in the first place.

As for my football team, dreams of promotion this year, unlike your lot who could only dream of beating Barcelona:eek:

Sparky 27-11-2012 15:03

Hi guys, i have moved the last few posts as we were getting off topic ;)

These posts are now here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...el-posito.html