Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Ruta del Tapeo - PP's own Tapas Route! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/8493-ruta-del-tapeo-pps-own-tapas-route.html)

pollensa 05-03-2012 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 68841)
I will offer to try this out on 29 th March ..... All for the same of research of course

And we will on 5th April - am not sure how many I can manage though... :eek:

kate1 05-03-2012 11:30

This is a fantastic idea - though have to say I have always found tapas in PP to be a little disappointing, especially as there are such fantastic tapas restaurants in Palma and elsewhere in Mallorca... am willing to revise my opinion though!

Nick 05-03-2012 11:33

Indeed this is a great idea. It's all about getting people in through the doors at a reasonable price.

I too look forward to trying it but yes, it must be good quality.

Sparky 05-03-2012 11:51

There will be little questionaires in each bar to tick off sections on tapas, atmosphere, service, friendliness and locale. At the end of each week the winning bar will be published in local papers and radio. Therefore giving the winner a bonus for the next weeks route, this will encourage bars to keep up the standard. ;)

cherylbb 05-03-2012 12:10

Great idea! :) Looking forward to trying it. The questionaires will be good too, will keep everyone on their toes. Thanks for posting the FB link.

Nick 05-03-2012 13:17

It can only be good news for PP ?!

pips 05-03-2012 14:44

This is wonderful I am with 2 teens this year can't fill them and they like different types of food, so a little bit of everything is perfect plus a drink!

Smiddy 06-03-2012 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 68867)
This is a fantastic idea - though have to say I have always found tapas in PP to be a little disappointing, especially as there are such fantastic tapas restaurants in Palma and elsewhere in Mallorca... am willing to revise my opinion though!

Kate, Have you tried the afternoon tapas O' Lume? Proper tapas in lovely surroundings and very reasonable.

Sparky 06-03-2012 13:32

There is a small change in the list of bars taking part. Budha Bar will not be on the trail until April ;).

CathB 06-03-2012 15:09

Well now that sound an interesting challenge for April :D

kate1 06-03-2012 16:52

Smiddy - ah, no I haven't but I definitely will!! I didn't know they did tapas actually but it's one of our favourite restaurants so I am sure whatever they produced would be good.

We have also had very good, fresh tapas at La Fonda in the old town. Have also heard good things about the tapas at Bar Nou.

From our point of view tapas is great because there are always several things in reasonably small portions which the children can eat - they love trying new things and it gives them a break from the never-ending plates of spag bol on the children's menu while they are on holiday...

Sparky 06-03-2012 17:47

Hi guys, can we please just keep this thread for the Ruta del Tapeo PP's own Tapas Route!. If it is successful in the Port it may also be rolled out in the Town and we will start a new thread for it.
In the meantime please do support this venture and let us know what you think :D:D.

marilyn 06-03-2012 23:38

I have just told my daughter who is out from 24 March for a week. She will definitely join the trail on the 29th and report back.

Belladonna 06-03-2012 23:51

I have another two who will be joining in the 29th. I'm assuming they can be done in any order - or else they could be running out of tapas pretty quickly if everyone turns up at once! :eek:

JMD40 06-03-2012 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 68870)
There will be little questionaires in each bar to tick off sections on tapas, atmosphere, service, friendliness and locale. At the end of each week the winning bar will be published in local papers and radio. Therefore giving the winner a bonus for the next weeks route, this will encourage bars to keep up the standard. ;)

That is a great idea, I had not heard about the questionnaire. See you along the route Sparky.