Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree610Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2012, 11:22

Default Ruta del Tapeo

We had great fun on the tapas trail last night.
We started in the Rustic Cafe which is always good- we had sausage with onion jam in a wrap, albondigas and also humous and chicken with fresh fig - all very yummy.
Then on to the Ivy Garden where we were treated to salmon flakes in mayonnaise and sliced creamy potatoes.
Then on to Tots where there was some great sax music by Santiago and a guitar player. The tapas there were some crispy delicious croquettes with a padron pepper.
Then finally on to La Taperia where there was a choice of tapas - we chose some chicken pieces on a skewer and some red chilli peppers stuffed with cream cheese on a bed of serrano ham and bread.

What a great night!
debz1, sws97sdg, LK1960 and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-07-2012, 15:00
Founder

Default Report - 19th July 2012

Had a really great 'ruta' last night - started on the Tapas Route about 8:15 & were still in Rustic (last stop) well after midnight! - 8 rounds in 6 places, 5 with wine & 3 with water! So unfortunately didn't make the 2nd trip to Formentor beach today.

Anyway we started close to our apartment & finished close-by too (for those who've asked about http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...t-la-ruta.html.)

We started at La Cantina2 & both had a gorgeous freshly made fritata with spinach sauce. They have a few tables outside now (with blankets just in case!). So Cantina2 is much more than their excellent baguettes & salads to take to the beach.

Next stop La Roda - they also have a few outside tables. The first tapa was a little kebab in a sort of Chinese sauce, really good. They were very enterprising & asked us if we wanted another round. So why not? - with water this time & meatball with caramelised onions. If this is a an example of their normal fayre, we will be back.

Stop 3 was to try somewhere we didn't know existed - Cafe 63 - it's at the back, opposite the school & round the corner from Confort. We were served by a friendly English/Mallorca girl called Anna who told us the place had been there for several years & is frequented by local mums but they joined the Route to attract some new visitors. Next time you're up that way, do pop in - they have a cool modern inside space & outside area at the back - the tapa we chose was chicken with courgettes & padron peppers - not bad at all!

And then on to Rumbo where the very friendly owner was very taken with my PP.com t-shirt (see PP.com chic spaghetti top ) - am not sure that it would really suit him! Anyway both the Wine & the selection of 3 tapas were really good. The wine was really generous so we had a second round of tapas (with water) to soak up the wine. We heard all about the home-made tapas his wife makes - another place to return to.

Penultimate stop was Ivy Garden, where we'd had the tapas before. We were flagging a bit by then & the deep-fried camembert was a little rich but very tasty & they have a nice outside space.

Last stop, closest to home was Rustic Bar - just water this time & the tapa we chose (from a massive selection) were sausages wrapped in pancakes. I got acosted again - this time by a man wanting to know what music I'd like (must be the t-shirt ) & obligingly provided us with Deep Purple's Child in Time.

So all in all, a great evening out & a great change from a Menu del Dia ....
debz1, sws97sdg, LK1960 and 7 others like this.

Last edited by pollensa; 20-07-2012 at 20:31. Reason: typos!
Old 20-07-2012, 16:05

Thanks for the report pollensa. It answers the questions I asked in another thread. I didn't realise you were given a choice of tapas and having read the selection you had to my wife she said she would try all of them. She is a bit more fussy than me but all of those sounded right up her street. I also wondered how many tapas I could manage if I had an alcoholic drink with each of them. It hadn't occurred to me to order water with some of them.
Anyway it sounds like the ideal way to start our holiday. It gives us an opportunity to check out several restaurants on our first night.
Sparky and cherylbb like this.
Old 20-07-2012, 16:30
Super Moderator

Greybeard they all do something different each week, some of them post on FB what they are doing but generally you just have to ask when you go in .
Greybeard likes this.
Old 24-07-2012, 11:27
Super Moderator

The list of participating bars/restaurants on La Ruta in August has been published......no changes, still 16 to choose from .
Greybeard likes this.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:43
Super Moderator

It's Thursday....must be Tapas night, i will be there....well it would be rude not to wouldn't it??? .
Doogz1874, cherylbb and Mogs like this.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:01

Hi, the owner of the Rumbo Bar said he might be closed this thursday due yo the festival in Pollensa. ?? He said it depended on whether there were many people in Puerto Pollensa,He wondered if the majority went to Pollensa this evening?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:58
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Hi, the owner of the Rumbo Bar said he might be closed this thursday due yo the festival in Pollensa. ?? He said it depended on whether there were many people in Puerto Pollensa,He wondered if the majority went to Pollensa this evening?
I am trying to find out which, if any of the participating bars are going to be closed tonight and will post here as soon as i can.
Old 02-08-2012, 20:23

I can confirm that Rumbo is open, but Can Tofol is not. Rumbo is excellent as always. We love that guy!
Doogz1874, El Gordo and Tone like this.
Old 08-08-2012, 13:31
Super Moderator

Thought i would let you know that Cafe 63 will not be taking part in La Ruta this week.
Old 16-08-2012, 11:41

I had been so looking forward to taking part in this, the first week was La Patrona so we only had the second weeks.
We headed of for Bellavista to fill up on veggie stuff before moving on, but unfortunately we didn't realise that they are not taking part at the moment, so we headed of for Taps instead.
We ordered a drink and they brought it out with a couple of tiny bits of bread with what looked like salmon and some spread, they didn't have a choice, so we had to leave it, so just drinks. The place was busy with people eating off the main menu, but we did see that they did do some things we can try next time and we will go back to eat there again.
We thought we would try LaCantina2 next as we have heard good things about them, but again no choice just one which was chilli con carni, it looked nice but again no use to us, but we also saw lots of veggie things on the menus we can try next time and lots of nice things for picnics or to take to the beach.
So two drinks and no food, by then it was getting late so we headed of for La Cabana where we know we could get some veggie stuff, we decided to have a full meal and as usual the tapas were fantastic and the service excellent as well.
So all in all slightly disappointed, it would have been better if the places had a choice of tapas and maybe if ones offering veggie options could be marked on the list so we would have known which ones to try, but anyway we will give it a try again next time and hopefully find more places offering veggie stuff, La Cabana prove it can be done.

On island time!!
Old 16-08-2012, 12:02
Super Moderator

Bar Rumbo do a few different choices and at least one veggie option .
Old 16-08-2012, 12:08

Thats good to know for next time Sparky, we had them on another night and they were great there, lovely people running it there as well!
Sparky likes this.

On island time!!
Old 16-08-2012, 12:32
Founder

I am sure that LaCantina2 had a choice as well & I'm pretty sure one was veggie as they do a lot of veggie stuff. Maybe they had run out that night. Did you ask at all?
Old 16-08-2012, 12:46

Hi Pollensa, we did ask and they said there was no choice and this must only have been around 10 by then! They have lots of veggie stuff on the menu, we will definitely try it again on another night next trip.

On island time!!
Closed Thread