Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Whose Recently Comeback (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/849-whose-recently-comeback.html)

Joanne 23-09-2006 03:49

Whose Recently Comeback

and wants to give us a 7/14 day account of where they ate

PP fan no 27 24-09-2006 23:09

Just come back from PP. Had evening meals at Hotel Illa D'Or (on the terrace), El Posito (twice) & Los Zarzales.

We were staying at Club Illa D'Or and after a long day's travel we decided to eat on our doorstep. The terrace restaurant is a la carte only and quite expensive but a fantastic setting with the sun setting over the bay. It was very romantic. Food was good but not sensational. Service was excellent. You obviously pay for the setting and it was a perfect end to our first day in PP. 125 euros plus tip for three courses, apertifs, bottle of wine, water and coffees.

We vistited El Postito on the strength of the reviews on the forum and were not disappointed. We booked a table the day before and were glad we did as Toni had to turn quite a few people away whilst we were there. We were not disappointed. Toni, Pepe and Christopher(Toni's son) were all very friendly.

We are quite laid back and did not mind waiting for our table to become free and are not fussed if the service is slow. In our opinion Toni judged it perfectly. So much we went back another night. Both nights we had 2 lots of apertifs, 3 courses, wine, water and coffee with free liquers for 80 euros plus tip. It is not a "flash joint", all by itself in a back street but we loved the "family ambience"

We also went to Los Zarzales. This feels "posher" and the food was good. We skipped the dessert and the coffee but still got the free liquers! More expensive at 85 Euros plus tip. Service was slow as others have remarked, that did not bother us, although we did get the impression it was all a bit haphazard!

Sorry to go on for so long but I trust it helps. This was our first visit to PP but we shall return. The Pine Walk is one of the best beach walks in the world and there is a fantastic choice of restaurants. They cater for all tastes and prices. Did we pay two much? I do not know, all I can say is we enjoyed all our meals.

Joanne 25-09-2006 01:31

Glad you liked PP, not eaten at the Iila Dor but we normally go there for coffee after our dinner a couple of times during our stay, round the waiters to be a bit rude this year, but the setting is fabulous.

LIked El Posito, not tried Los Zarrelos.

I don't think you paid too much for your meals.

Will you be going back to PP?

bluebell22w 25-09-2006 03:25

Ooooh we got back yesterday and I thought I'd come and do a quick post so happy to see someone's interested.

My husband is vegetarian and we had a 2 year old with us which influenced our restaurant choice somewhat. The only really bad meal we had was at the Chinese just off the square - can't remember what it's called but the one that looks quite cheap and has a kids play area. Food just wasn't up to much at all.

Otherwise...

First night we went to Mojito as we'd had a great meal there last time and I love it's position. Food was OK but service was very bad. Not only very, very slow but the waiter noted requests for a baked potato instead of chips and for vanilla ice cream for my son but brought back chips and strawberry ice cream.

We ate in Nico's twice. Food was really good (better than I expected) - loads better than Dakota where we went once last year. Waiters great with my son, made a big fuss of him. Service quick and efficient.

We'd had great pasta in Laroc last year so knew what to expect and we weren't disappointed. We went for dinner one evening and had pizza and then had pasta for lunch the day before we left. When my husband asked for the mushroom pasta the owener brought out a tray of wild mushrooms to show him and he had a special mushroom pasta which was delicious. The desserts were also great.

We ate in the Indian restaurant on the square one night - I think it's Kashmir? We ordered a couple of veggie curries and a chana paneer and some naans to share. You get a starter which is bhajis and pakoras and some poppadoms. I'm always wary of Indian restaurants in ttourist places but the food was really good and the service was great.

We ate in Centric on the square a couple of times. Great veggie paella, so-so mixed paella but the bonus for us is that you can order paella for 1 so I don't have to have a veggie version. My husband loves the garlic mushroom starter here too.

Bar Brisa on the front had the biggest kids menu I'd seen - loads of variety. James had a chicken escalope which was much better than chicken nuggets. My husband's trampo looked fantastic. I had the suckling pig - not sure why as I'm not a big pork fan. I'm sure if you were you'd love it but I think I was hoping it would be in an interesting sauce rather than just a huge hunk of meat!

We had a very slow meal served by very miserable waiters in Trio. I had some kind of fish which was OK but nothing special. Veggie menu limited and kids menu pretty junky. My husband had an omelette. The next day he had bad sickness and diarrhoea. Regardless of that, I wouldn't go back just because it was sooooo slow and the food quite mediocre.

That's all I can remember right now - sorry for lack of detail but thought it might be interesting to others with vegetarians and children to cater for to see where we'd been!