Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2006, 06:44

Default Trencadora - Pollensa Old Town

This restaurant seems to have had its ups and downs just recently, but we were keen to go back and have another meal and this time we took my parents with us on their first night in Mallorca.

This is really hidden away down a side street, a short walk from the square in Pollensa. Just turn right at the Cafe Espanyol, cross over one street and carry on walking. You'll hear the sound of the water first, before you see the entrance.

This is another beautiful, beautiful setting and my parents were impressed. We'd booked a table and we were seated outside right by the entrance.

The staff were very friendly - the young male waiter made a great fuss of my son who loved the attention and there were quite a few other children eating there as well. They have a special children's menu.

The atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly yet elegant at the same time. It really is a beautiful restaurant and the tables for two on the far wall were wonderfully intimate and romantic.

We enjoyed the food and among our starters were vegetable bruschetta, roquefort, grape and walnut salad and salmon and crab mousse which my mum enjoyed very much. My dad's bruschetta was delicious, he said, but just slightly hard to eat. Bless him, he still has most of his teeth:lol

As for mains, we chose rack of lamb, duck breast in a honey and soy sauce and pork tenderloin with tagliatelle. Dad and I had the duck and thought it superb... Hubby was slightly disappointed with his lamb - his words were "overcooked on the outside but undercooked on the inside" but that was his only criticism. The meals were served with little filo baskets of mixed vegetables and the only real niggle was the charge of 2,50 euros for a plate of chips (classed as extra vegetables on the menu).

The desserts were delicous - I just had to have the chocolate fondant again with pistachio ice-cream and the thick chocolate sauce just oozed out as I cut into the sponge...

I chose a bottle of the Jaume de Puntiro Carmesi red and the bill, with children's meals, pre-dinner drinks and water came to 175 euros for the 6 of us.

This is a must for a special night out and my parents were impressed with our choice for their first night!

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 30-08-2006, 05:53
deebee

We have just returned from our hols in CSV and had a lovely time once again! We had a meal at the Trencadora which was recommended to us by a friend and we were not disappointed. The food was great, the surroundings beautiful and the service was friendly and efficient. Our children 14, 12 and 9 were well catered for and they have varying tastes! I would definitely recommend the restaurant to others.
Old 30-08-2006, 23:38

Thanks for the positive report, Jane. We'd had a pretty disappointing meal there last year after a fab one the year before. That's why we gave it a miss when we were out in July.

After hearing your encouraging comments it's back on the list for next time we're out. (Next week!!!)

Graham
Old 22-09-2006, 18:04
Startsem

Was my fav place during our week visit...food was fantastic, service and setting was great...wine was actually served at the right temperature...take note Zarzarles!
Old 25-09-2006, 19:48

Agree totally with all the good reviews about Trencadora.It was certainly our favourite restaurant in Pollensa... It got top marks on all counts!

The food and service were outstanding...and good value for money for the quality. The terrace is the most pretty and romantice setting ever and we spent a lovely evening with family and friends. The second time we went we sat indoors as it was a bit stormy ..the interior is very minimalistic and ultra stylish...very different to outside but equally good

Divine!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:54
robbo2005

We were in Pollensa for a week and the food at Trencadora was so good we dined there two evenings and one lunchtime.

To start they gave us a plate of hand made butters flavoured with carrots, chives and other vegetables, served with warm bread rolls.
Then our starter arrived
The Foie Gras & fig starter was fantastic, we have eaten foie gras at a top restaurant in Dubai and London and neither matched the quality and flavour of this starter. I highly recommend you try it.

The Crispy Duck was perfectly cooked, slightly pink inside.

Beef fillet medallions with goats cheese also went down rather well.

We went back for the lunchtime offer, which is three courses for 11.90 euro and this was fantastic value.

Starter Soup or Caeser Salad
Main, Sardines or Steak
Dessert divine crispy banana parcels in double chocolate sauce.
They even throw in wine and water, to wash it down.

We think that what makes Trencadora special is that the Chef is the owner so he has amazing passion for his creations and he is lucky to have the best outdoor setting in Old Pollensa.

Once you have tried Trencadora you will want to keep going back to try somthing else. But its worth booking in advance as it can get busy.

We asked when they were closing for winter and re-opening 2007.
Closes 31st October 2006 and re-opens 15th March 2007.