Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   one week of excellent eating part 2 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/838-one-week-excellent-eating-part-2-a.html)

lizglass1 14-10-2006 22:56

one week of excellent eating part 2

Sunday we visited the market in the old town. Bought some lovely olives, really tasty queens ones and some juicy oranges, pomegranates and strawberries. Incidentally, there seems to be a new place to park, at leat new to us, up by the petrol garage, then down to the left. Where we were parked we were looking into a lovely garden with tomatoes, pomegranates, red peppers, turkeys, hens and some sort of beans all growing in abundance. I only wish we'd a garden like that.

Sunday lunch is always extra good at Los Zarzales. It costs a little more €14 I think compared to €10 the rest of the week, but it's worth every penny. We had paella for starters. This was absolutely delicious, probably the best ever with a really good flavour. For my main course I had a dish I'd tried before in Los Z, Cod Aioli. This is a big chunky piece of cod, covered in a thick layer of homemade aioli, then covered in a tasty soft batter . It arrives looking just like a big lump of something in batter, but once you cut into it , the aroma of the aioli escapes and the big white flakes of cod fall out. It is a brilliant dish. My husband had the paella and then lamb chops fried in garlic. They were also lovely. Passed on desert, can't think why. Actually I think I should go and weigh myself right now- reflecting on what I ate!
When we stay in September we usually stay in the Balaixia Appartments. These face onto the side of Los Zarzales. Every morning we enjoy the delivery of the fish in the Olivier van, and the fresh butcher meat. I think that's why we love it there. We like to speculate on what's arrived how exactly they'll cook it. The menu del dia goes up about 11.55. We look at that then decide whether or not to lunch there. Incidentally, menu is only available at lunchtime. The prices at night are considerably more. The menu usually has 3 starters and 3 main courses. We've never eaten a bad meal there.
We did fly out one as a special birthday treat for me in March this year and it was closed all weekend , but I don't suppose we can hold that against them. They also realise the monsters are usually getting ants in their pants by the end of the main course and let me take my coffee onto the beach.

Sunday dinner we went to Brisas- the one with the yellow parasols right on the front. We usually have a meal here at least once each trip and it is usually good. We try to stick to the Mallorcan specials as the menu is very touristy, covering pasta pizza, meat, fish and just about everything else. I had a mixed salad to start then seafood frito as my main course. The frito was tasty with a nice juice. Boys had carbonara, one lamb chops and husband had entrecote steak. All good. I've also had the tumbet and fish here in the past and it is usually good. The boys like the sand sculptures and of course that damned amusement place. Service was good. There's always loads of waiters on at Brisas. The same ones have been there since we started going 10 years ago. They don't go over the top on smiles but are very efficient.

Sorry . need to finish this later.

JH02JLH 16-10-2006 00:30

Keep 'em coming...:D

Jane:b