Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-10-2006, 03:21
lizglass1

Default One week of Excellent Food-I owe you guys some reading. part

We have been big Pollensa fans for the last ten years, usually staying in Open Holidays properties.
Prior to our recent visits I have enjoyed reading all your excellent reviews so I felt I owed something back. Some of you regulars are brilliant, getting me all excited about my holidays. Thank you very much.

We usually go for a week in September, same flights every year. Wednesday till Tuesday, last weekend of the month.
My usual favourite is Los Zarzales, but I thought I'd tell you about all our meals. If It's boring let me know. Sometimes I'll whisper because I don't want everyone to hear.

We arrived on Wednesday evening. absolute bliss, our three boys(the monsters) had been at school that morning and we'd been to work, but most of you will know that feeling of bliss of arriving at the port, walking along the beach and breathing a deep sigh of absolute happiness to be there.

First night - A complete winner O Lune. This was our first visit and we sat through the back as there was a big 25 person celebration table being served in the main part.
The food was without exception perfect.
I had the seafood pasta to start and the scallop and prawn kebabs as a main course. We were served a bouche amusant of a lovely homemade salad, with fish balls for the monsters.
The kebab was served in a delicious sauce which I think was crayfish. The veggies were great and complimented the food.
Husband had bacon and prawn salad- it was astounding. Monsters had soup to start with and then small portions of T-bone for 2 with the third having lamb chops. The t-bones were
probably the tastiest ever. Our smallest boy had lamb chops 6 nights out of 6. Got all his protien for a year, now we're feeding him on scraps till our next visit.
The boys sampled two ice-creams - chocolate and coconut. They were both brilliant - homemade and delicious.
We all had homemade chocolates then rolled home.
First night and we'd had one of our best meals ever. Service excellent all evening.

Thursday -Breakfast everyday was chocolate croissants from ther bakers next to Ca'n Ferra and then lunch at Ca'n Ferra-
Now we don't eat so big at lunch time so it is more difficult to review. The service was good, toasties for boys and we had tapas plus one portion of deep fried calamari. The calamari was a wee bit on the salty side . The tapas were OK, but the portions not huge. Mussels good, other stuff not quite tasty enough for us.
Thursday dinner, would you believe- back to O lune. Normally we've hit Los Zarzales by now, but the previous night had been sooo good.
Again - wonderful food. I tried a seafood salad in balsamic dressing starter. -It really was incredibly good. Husband has a veal steak which he loved. More t-bones for the me and the kids, one lambchops and no deserts. A very good discovery O lune . It's not fancy inside but the focus really is on the food.
Friday - usually lovely croissants for breakfast.
We booked tickets to go out on the glass bottomed boat to Formentor so decided to lunch at Stay.
The new style was OK. I don't like change b
ut I suppose that's life.
I had Gazpacho. It was great, but only came with a very small portion of Veggies to throw in. I prefer the big platter of chopped veg that I used to get.
For main course I had prawn pasta with saffron sauce. Nearly missed the boat waiting for it but that was probably our own fault.
This prawn pasta was very very good. The sauce was tasty and I will definitely order it again . Husband and monsters had beefburgers and filled rolls. All good.

Friday dinner we went to the Chinese down on the front near the sand sculptures. It was OK, but not as good as it used to be. Then onto 1919 for coffee, smoothies, biscuits and milk.
All good. Nice place to sit at night.

Saturday I lunched with two sons at Los Zarzales whilst husband and eldest boy watched football elsewhere.
Excellent lunch and fantastic value Menu del Dia st 10 euros.
The starters were seafood frito which I had and Leek soup which the boys had . All good. The fritto was lovely. Tasty.
Rich. Actually it was divine. They had entrecote without pepper sauce and I had some sort of Mallorcan seafood in a rich tomato, herby sauce. Good but rich. Nice piece of fish. We love the setting at Zarzales. It really can't be beaten. the attention to detail makes it very special. The crockery is beautiful, the hibiscus delightful and they even put up with my boys.

Saturday dinner we opted for Cap De Canto.
By this time I think we'd been overdoing the eating. It sure does sound like it when I write it all down.
One son and I started with garlic prawns - brilliant. Husband started with chilli ribs . These came built in a tower, beautifully presented. He loved them. Between us we had chicken stroganof, lamb chops in onion gravy, seafood pasta.
This was a good meal, good service. Presentation special.
Menu perhaps a wee bit limited compared to some other places but enough choice for us. Who needs a huge menu?

Now I'm going to add this post now and finish latewr as I'm not sure how to save it and continue later.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-10-2006, 05:44

Default Re: One week of Excellent Food-I owe you guys some reading.

What a fantastic post ........ its been 10 long weeks since I was in O Lume, C'an ferra Los Zarz ( never been to Cap de Canto ) and you post brought it all back ........... lovelly way to cheer up a cold wet friday evening

Thank you

Do post the rest soon PLEASE
Old 14-10-2006, 07:26

It was great to read your reviews and I'm so pleased you liked O Lume - it was a favourite of ours too and my daughter kept asking if we could go back.

Looking forward to your next instalment!

Jane
Old 14-10-2006, 08:27
jiggy

Hi liz
Quote 'If It's boring let me know'
Boring!! youve got to be kidding!it is a great post.
Not been to o'lume myself, but it does sound good.

I cant wait til the second instalment

jiggy
Old 14-10-2006, 17:53

Hi Liz

Oh how your post cheered me up on a damp grey October morning !

Can't wait to hear your other reviews...and can't wait to be in PP next weekend to go to them myself ! Los Z and Cap de Canto are two of my favourites

Debs
Old 17-10-2006, 05:58
Gommar Goffer

Just been reading your posting - great to hear about other peoples experiences and great to see you go to C'an Ferrar.

This is our favourite restaurant - the service is always cheerful and rapid! They love to have a chat if they are not too busy.

Try it in the evenings, especially out of season when the wind is blowing outside and you are tucked up in a busy little restaurant.

Splash out on the Lamb Special Meal, infused with garlic!!, @ about 18 euros a head - seems alot but the food just keeps on coming..........