Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-2006, 19:08
Mostel

Default Makassar rest,

Went to the new BBQ lounge rest. last night. It was very dissapointing, food was ok, prices very expensive and the service really POOR.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-09-2006, 20:32

I've been eagerly awaiting more reports from this restaurant as I was disappointed with the food back in August and was a bit worried it was just too high expectations on my part.

But now it looks as if what I said was justified. At the time, the service was good, but the food was over-priced and not what I would expect from an establishment trying to be hip and trendy (my opinion).

Thanks for the report Mostel, and welcome to the forum.

Jane
Old 25-09-2006, 01:33
Joanne

Shame it does seem to be very good as it looks very nice from the outside, maybe it will change hands by next year and will improve, trouble is once you have had a bad meal it puts me off trying it again even if someone else says it is good, too many other good restaurants in PP and too few nights to try them.
Old 25-09-2006, 03:00

Disagree slightly with the reviews on this restaurant which is owned by the same people as our favorite Tiberi.

While it wasn't my favourite meal chels raved about his foe gras starter and his pasta dish. I really enjoyed my prawn and avocado salad (which was huge and would have done me as a main) and my pasta was good but a poor choice on my part as I don't like very tomato-ey sauces..which it was!

The restaurant was very busy and the staff were rushed off their feet but we found them very friendly and the service was smooth and efficient.

Overall the food was good ..not outstanding and in my opinion not overly priced. Fantastic place for people watching..the staff if nothing else who were all stunning!
Old 25-09-2006, 03:56

whereabouts is it?
Old 26-09-2006, 01:34

Default Makassers

Graham it's in the square next to the Corner Bar (Bar Cultural)
Old 26-09-2006, 23:02
Sara4

Default Re: Makassers

Heard one bad review from a family we got chatting to outside Pozo's. They felt it was expensive and not much food for your money! Their sons were still hungry after their meal.

However, it is owned by the guy who also owns Tiberi and Guru, so I would like to think that it is just teething problems. Even the most established restauranteurs can get things wrong, so hopefully it will be up the standards of his other places very soon.

We didn't get chance to try it as we already have a problem trying to fit it in all the other restaurants that we want to go to during our holiday!!
Old 27-09-2006, 01:41

Sara ! Hi there!

Off topic a bit but one must ask re "outside Pozos"

Standing chatting?

Or seated ,partaking of some libation? Or some Pozo fare?

Some tapas perhaps?

Peeps watching?

As one who does it there, tell us all if you are too!

Porto
Old 27-09-2006, 15:52

Had a good squint at Makassar's just before it opened, and was put off because it looked too trendy! I love trendy in its right place, but prefer traditional or more laid back in PP. Having said that, I do like Tiberi, but that seems more laid back.

Regarding Pozos.... love it, best one in town.
Old 27-09-2006, 23:04
Sara4

Hi Portofan!

Sitting outside Pozos and partaking in a little glass of something to perk me up!

I think on this occasion it was a bacardi and diet coke (as my body is a temple!!) just as a livener for the evening ahead.

I know this is off topic - but Pozo's is fab for watching the world go by. Tapas is fab, daughter loves the internet and the ladies behind the bar are lovely.

Will stop now, otherwise - we will get told off.

How about a new thread in the Happy Hour - "In praise of Pozo's!"
Old 03-10-2006, 17:43
Pamela H

The makassar must be listening to comments. We ate hear on our last evening and had lunch the following day 30/09/06 (wish we had found it sooner) we had two super meals, really well presented, with excellent service and reasonably priced. The portions were if anything a little on the large size. Loved the decor and the loos were clean and spacious. It was refreshing to eat in a a place which was a little different to the rest. Well done will certainly return (once we have recovered from irritating flight home)
Old 19-10-2006, 16:09

Makassar is now offering a set menu in the evenings for 12.95 euros.

We ate there last night and it was good value.
Starters - choice of:
Scrambled egg with vegetables
Seafood soup
Vegetable soup
Asparagus with mayonnaise

Main - choice of:
Rump steak
Chicken with pepper sauce
BBQ chicken with roquefort sauce
Salmon

Sweet - choice of
Pudding
Ice cream

I had vegetable soup (okay once salt and pepper added) and rump steak (correctly cooked to my choice and very nice baked potatowith red peppers)

Husband had scrambled egg with vegetables (very tasty) and rump steak (again cooked to his choice)

The wine was just okay but not cold enough. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Loved the decor and the fact the it was a more adult looking place with nice lighting / tables / chairs.

Will try again next week probably.