Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   La Piazza to be sold. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/8333-la-piazza-sold.html)

lollipop 19-01-2012 14:32

La Piazza to be sold.

Sparky, I wondered if that was what happened. I notice today that La Piazza has the Se Traspasa sign in the window. I do know that they (owners) have opened a restaurant in Palma!!.

Sparky 19-01-2012 14:42

Lollipop, yes we were told about La Piazza before Christmas but again didn't know if it was just a rumour because they closed at the end of the season. They did open again mid december and advertised Xmas/NY menus but ended up closing again after a week or so. Word has it that Maxims is also going to remain shut :( but that has yet to be confirmed.

Rosie34 19-01-2012 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 67347)
Sparky, I wondered if that was what happened. I notice today that La Piazza has the Se Traspasa sign in the window. I do know that they (owners) have opened a restaurant in Palma!!.

Yet another of our favourite restaurants going - we loved it and never had a bad meal there and it was our complete 'banker' - not a happy bunny at all:mad:;

Nick 20-01-2012 14:12

Is La Piazza the restaurant where there was always some Eastern European outside trying to tempt you in ?? A personal pet hate of mine hence me never using it.

It also had all those tacky "plastic menu, plastic food" signs outside?

I appreciate some may like it so it's not fair of me to be too derogatory but for me it was the one place on the square that let it down.

Sparky 20-01-2012 14:17

No Nick that's the Plaza, i agree with you about having someone trying to drag you in, an instant put off for me :mad:.
La Piazza is on the corner opposite Can Torrens.

Nick 20-01-2012 14:29

Right, okay Sparky, the mainly Italian one then on the same side but on the corner?

If that's the case then yes, shame.

Had a nice pizza in there last year but my God was it overfilled with toppings !!!

JMD40 26-01-2012 10:29

My goodness I missed these rumours!! Maxims and La Piazza closed on one side of the square???.. Cultural still progressing slowly with building work ???.... the square is going to fill very different this year. I am also aware that they have opened a restaurant in Palma. Times are very difficult for everyone.

Nick 26-01-2012 14:06

The only good thing is that the square is such a focal point that there will surely alsways be someone willing to take on a premises?

Unless of course the owners get greedy and try to charge extortionate rent which of course has/does happen.

I don't think they'll be shut for too long and things are always changing, somtimes for the good !!

Rosie34 26-01-2012 20:34

Just hope that the excellent La Piazza doesnt become yet another Chinese/Indian/Fusion/Burger Bar or whatever:eek: Why is that it seems that all our favourite restaurants seem to bite the dust:( Not a happy bunny at all.

El Gordo 26-01-2012 23:19

As long as Bony's doesn't close :rolleyes:

.................................................. .................................light the blue touch paper and run............................:D:D

El Gordo 27-01-2012 19:56

WOW!! No Takers!!;) (Glad about that!!)

We have become a Forum with decorum!!:rolleyes:

barefoot 28-01-2012 09:47

(Made me smile though, El Gordo)

katsmum 10-03-2012 19:32

Hi any updates on these closures?

Sparky 10-03-2012 20:05

At the moment in the square the only places open are Circulo Cultural, Maxim's Bistro, Kashmir and Can Torrens :).