Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-2006, 23:58
lizglass1

Default one week of excellent eating last part

Monday lunch we returned to Ca'n Ferra. I had grilled sole, which was absolutely lovely. We were disappointed that all the fish specials were for 2 people only. I woud have had the bouiabaise if they'd served it for one person. Homemade soup for boys . Then they had garlic prawns ,which were also delicious.
Monday was our last evening so there was much debate about where we should go for dinner.

O'lume won hands down.
I think the owner is called Jaime, but correct me if I'm wrong.
We arrived early and were lucky to get a table. Jaime is the only person serving in the restaurant. Once he has as many tables as he can handle on his own, anyone else who turns up get turned away. A good number of people didn't get to eat there that night. I think he handle about 6 tables then he tells folk to either come back in a couple of hours or I suppose eat elsewhere.
This was the situation in late September, but it may be different in the high season.
Started with the amuse buchant of a homemade salad which was in a homemade mayonaise dressing. really tasty.
I should had mentioned earlier that the butter you get with the bread is flavoured. It comes beautifully curled and easy to spread. One is orange-poss cheese, one has bits in and is garlic (I think) the last I think is olive. Even the bread and butter is good here.
The boys had the seafood pasta to begin with then the small t-bones.Apart from lamb chop boy who had his usual. I started with the seafood salad. Everything about it is good, nice seafood, lovely dressing and crisp salad leaves. Then I has the scallop and prawn kebabs again. Husband had the veal.Everything was just great.
I love my food , but even more than that, I love to see my boys eating well. O'lune was magic for them.
I was facing towards the entrance and my husband was facing towards the back. You know how someone catches your eye in a restaurant, well a lovely lady in the corner was glancing over in our direction smiling. However in the directon my husband was facing, someone was constantly turning round and scowling at us. I didn't know this was happening till later on, I just knew he was getting grumpy. Now we have three boys and they were fiddling with the usual ipods, magazines and mobile phones at the table, lamb chops was colouring in, as was a wee girl who joined us from another table. But they weren't running around mad or anything. However my husband was really hacked off with this lady and basically took the kids outside after the main course leaving me to get the bill and so on. He couldn't stand sitting there for a minute longer.
While I was paying the bill, the smiley lady from the corner came over and spoke to me saying that she had three boys and how much we reminded her of holidays with them when they were younger. Wish everyone was more like the smiley lady. The scowler ruined my husbands last night there.

Conclusion, everyone with kids is just trying their best.
Eating in restaurants with them is not always perfect, but talk to the people you came to eat with instead of wearing down the already worn down!

However, O'lune is now our boys favourite restaurant so we will definitely be back. We'll sit in a corner and husband can face a wall.

Tuesday we were going home in the evening but once Los Zarzarles put its "menu" up , we knew where our last meal was going to be.
The best starter was rwd peppers filled with sea food. Lovely. The seafood was a sort of minced mix rather than individual pieces of fish and shellfish as I was expecting. I was a little disappointed with this but it was still lovely.
We both chose the frito as a maincourse. This is finely chopped liver and kidney with herbs potatoes garlic. It is a good dish virtuallu in any restaurant in the port. It may not sound good but it really is worth trying.
One of the boys had garlic prawns and they came sizzling and bubbling giving of a delicious aroma. However, they were the nippiest garlic prawns ever. My husband and I thought they were great but they were the vindaloo equivalent of garlic prawns, too much for a wee boys who'd only been eating garlic prawns for 6 days. Other boys had pasta . Spag bol , which was made for them despite not being on the menu. They all enjoyed it. I like that Los Zarzales looks after everyone so well. Catering for the kids while really being quite a fancy place.

Sadly that's the end of it.
We'll be back at O'lune and Los Zarzales asap. I want to enjoy Stay without being in a rush as the prawn with saffron pasta there was excellent. Still to try La Fortelesa. Might fall in love with it too. Previously had some excellent food at the yacht club, which we didn't visit this time. Anyone can go there to eat and we noticed a relatively well priced lunch menu, and they have a pool you can use.

Looking forward to reading all your posts and finding some new places to eat. To be honest though, we don't need new places as there are so many good ones we already know.
happy eating .
liz
Sponsored Links
Old 21-10-2006, 00:25

Default one week of excellent eating last part

Well Liz!

What a fabulous read and how much you all must have enjoyed yourselves. Love the references to lamb chops.

Here am I about to post on recent experiences, I just dont know how I am going to compete! >D

Once again congrats and thanks!

Porto
Old 21-10-2006, 16:34

Default Re: one week of excellent eating last part

Hi Liz,

It was great to talk to you last night and I've been enjoying your posts!

Your description of the "scowling" woman interested me as I have two young children (girl of 10 and a boy of 6) who we enjoy taking out. I'm of the firm belief that children should be taken out to experience eating socially and as a family it's one of the favourite things we like to do. OK, my son likes to get up and wander about at times but we took them to Ca'n Costa twice in the summer and they had a great time despite the rather grand surroundings.

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Jane