Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-2006, 18:55

Default Ten day eating challenge Part 2

Sixth night El Posito

A haven of tranquillity , far from the madding crowds.

Welcomed by Toni and looked after by him and by Pepe, we started, remember, Porto first, with garlic prawns and baby squid in garlic. Both excellent and not many vampires about!
To follow cod El Posito style, nicely presented with peppers and very colourful and tasty, and roast suckling pig, absolutely delicious. Bottle of the house white went very well with all the dishes, coffees and some hierbas, so beloved of many. Tony proudly produced some photos of his baby son, now there’s a proud dad.
Great atmosphere.

Seventh night. Laroc again.
The beautiful day had been enjoyed, and we thought, lets try it again, rather than keep walking. A table outside and ordered a bottle of the house red, while we perused the menu. Am I trying to make a point with Jane or what? I will comment on this wine under wine, separately. Chose a pizza, Capresse, by name .The thin base, mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, goats’ cheese in abundance, fresh wilted spinach again in abundance and black olives. Certainly not your ordinary pizza. But naturally with the soft fresh bread, olives and taster pizza to start. Wife ordered rigatoni, with a sauce of aubergines, mushrooms and tomatoes. Again delighted.
And to follow both of us, crème brulee, lovely consistency and nice topping, no power drill needed!!

Eighth night to Trio.

Must be four years since last there. Always a popular place with Spanish people for functions etc and at the New Year. Arrived about 8.30 and about one third full, so the complement of waiters more than able to offer an efficient service. The waiter who took the order, somewhat lacking in humour, otherwise fine .Courses came almost too quickly! Not the place for a slow lingering romantic dinner but hey, you go somewhere else for that! Why is he procrastinating on the food? No, not at all! >D

Garlic prawns to start, yep fine, remembered them coming sizzling once before, but nevertheless succulent, plenty garlic. Cream of leek soup for madam. We’d chosen a red , which comes in the priced menu and this was Faustino V11, which was pleasantly surprising. Both mains the roast lamb, very lean, nicely cooked some carrots and baked potato, in the foil with the spoon sticking out. Some, I know are driven to distraction by this, but well, just the way they do it in Trio. Potato a tad overdone.

Strawberries and ice cream and strawberry cheesecake for postre. Feature of the Trio is the choice, seldom will anything be off, the inclusive price is an attraction to many obviously. Lots who come to PP go for that kind of deal, but nearly every night, no, not me .Couldn’t!
Did we enjoy, yes indeed.
Go back? Yep, sometime!:b

Ninth night.
What’s coming?????????:eek

In the morning wandered in to La Cantina under La Llonja for a beer and a suss out. One of our resident posters had said the Cantina good for a light lunch. First thing to notice is the attractive girl , did I remember her from Stay? We sussed the menu and put La Llonja on the list for one of our last nights.

Ok ok arriving at the roundabout, we decided just to take a chance and go, no booking and arrived 8.30. Only seven tables outside on the terrace and we got a corner one facing to the Pine Walk. Now unlike Bonez who travels with her Journal , I don’t make notes so rely on memory.

Went for the table d’ hote at E28 plus the vat. Kicked off with two nice G and T’s. You get a choice of five starters, three mains, a meat a fish and a veggie, the dessert of the day, wine, water, coffee and choice of liquer to complement. Wine is Raimat, red white or rose so we went red, which was composed of Merlot, Cab Sauv and Tempranillo, and very nice and mellow too.

To start , kidneys in puff pastry, with a sauce, and mustard mash nicely presented. Wife, gazpacho with a choice of croutons etc.Then fillets of fletan , which is flounder, in an anchovied crust, set on a bed of mash and absol delicious. Sorry guys about the detail , I will take the pad next time. Wife had fillet of pork, finely sliced in a sauce with mushrooms, new potatoes and excellent presentation. All the while with the wine glasses being topped up as required.

To follow, the one dessert, maybe a criticism if one is a fad, a very light lemony mousse with finely sliced kiwi ,pear and?, and a light dressing of dark chocolate sauce.

Café Americano and a homemade choc and Baileys, by choice, to complete.

Great value, but the terrace getting a wee bit fresh by the time we finished, maybe time of year or weather change as we found out next day!!

And the loos, wow, very state of the art!!:eek

And… yes the waitress too, yes sure it was Stay!!

Tenth night Laroc.

Thunder , lightening and heavy rain awoke us that day and the wind and rain continued in to the afternoon. Then the rain went off leaving it somewhat airy for time of year.

Not too far, so Laroc again. House red to drink.
But of course we had an aperitif or two to start! If you are wondering!!

Once in Italy, I had had a pizza with anchovies and went for that. Very nice but not as nice as the one in Italy, but hey, you wont go far wrong with anything in Laroc. Wife had the same pizza I had had on our earlier visit and enjoyed too.

Could we look beyond the crème brulee? No way, same again for both!!:b

I did notice other diners having a wide selection off the menu, particularly one German family , dad in to the pasta with clams. Admit to a wariness of clams!:x

There we have it, a cross section of the PP eateries.

We enjoyed, we always do, yep there will be a hiccup or two on the way.

Regards to all!

Porto
Sponsored Links
Old 21-10-2006, 18:56

Heavens, Porto! You're like a bus! We have nothing for ages and then two or three come all together!

But I enjoyed your reviews and won't rise to the bait about house wines...each to their own!

So glad you both had a good time and the review on La Llonja was the first I think??

Might be on our list for next time!

Jane:b
Old 22-10-2006, 01:28

Default Re ten day eating challenge Part2

:rolleyes

How did I start with that?:eek :

Must be Saturday night!!

Thanks Jane , not finished yet, a few items to come yet.

Food ?? No.......... not necessarily!!:eek :eek