Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-2011, 15:32

Default Long Winded Trip Report Pollenca Town

Well ... firstly I must say that we definitely had the weather on our side ... beautiful glorious skies ... beautiful friendly folk ... what more could one ask for? ... not a damn lot !!!

Now ... onto the food ... we were only here for 4 days ... so alas that will be the extent of my reviews ...

Trencadora ... we managed to get one of tables on the outside terrace overlooking the restaurant ... this, I might add is my favourite spot ... the tables as always are dressed in their red & white checker-cloth and with the soft glow of the candles looked very inviting indeed ... there is always a wonderful buzzy atmosphere in this restaurant and this night was no different ... first courses consisted of Grilled Provolone Cheese with Oregano & Beef Carpaccio with Rocket and Parmessan ... Presentation was lovely but more importantly the taste was divine ... We followed on with T Bone Steak (huge!) with Fried Potatoes and Grilled Vegetable & Spaghetti with Clams, Garlic, Oil and Parsley ... Perfection on a plate ... Poetry in motion ... These guys sure know how to cook, present and deliver ... and the courtyard is a fabulous place to soak up the abundance of plants and the gentle trickle of the waterfall ... well .... maybe not so gentle ... but still ... it's an added dimension that is rather soothing ... anyway ... I digress ... For dessert Mr Pollenca Town opted for the Tiramisu ... which was equally full of lovelyness ... All of this was washed down with a bottle of Prosceco and the usual Bread and Olives ... Total cost was 69 Euros ... and worth every single penny ... we liked it so much here that we even popped back for lunch on another day ... and it was full to bursting point ... so I guess they must be doing something right ... the staff are very friendly and very professional ... which makes for the most wonderful evening.

Restaurant Siller ... now ... we have never eaten here before ... so we were going in blind ... but ... after reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor it seemed worth a punt ... the restaurant is (I believe) on the outskirts of Puerto Pollenca ... so we had to get a taxi there ... which was only about 10 euros ish ... so not too much ... they serve traditional Mallorcan food ... and all is overseen by the magnetic Manolo ... a true artist in every sense ... his beautiful vibrant pictures adorn the walls and are a sight to behold ... unfortunately they are not for sale ... but they sure do liven up the place ... We began with Foie of Duck with Apple and freshly skinned Figs accompanied by Dried Apricots, Sunflower Seeds and a Balsamic Reduction ... this dish was perfectly executed and set the tone for what was to come ... Mains consisted of Tornado Rossini (Special) and Suckling Pig ... Before the dishes were bought out Manolo suddenly appeared to the next (large) table with a whole suckling pig and then proceeded to cut it up with a saucer ... it was a truly magnificent sight to behold ... and the smell ... oh the smell was sublime ... needless to say ... both mains didn't last long on the plate ... for desserts we again opted again for the Special ... which was Baked Alaska ... now ... as you can gather Manolo is a bit of a showman ... and the Baked Alaska was no exception ... bought to the table ... alcohol was then poured over and set alight ... totally fabulous ... and completely gorgeous ... way too much for 2 people ... but hey ho ... we had a go! We also had a bottle of Dry White Wine and 2 Large Shots each ... Sambuca & Amaretto ... don't you just love the Spanish measures Total cost was about 120 euros ... and again worth every penny ... sure was a different experience than the usual tourist fare that most other restaurants offer ... not that their is anything wrong with that ... it was nice to experience something different.

La Font Del Gal ... we have been visiting this restaurant for years ... but we were a bit apprehensive this time due to the recent change in ownership ... El Brio are now running it albeit with a different and separate menu from their own restaurant next door ... the same waiting staff have also been kept on ... so it was nice to catch up and experience the changes for ourselves ... we needn't have been so worried ... the food was as lovely as it used to be ... starters consisted of Squash Soup which was extremely flavoursome and tasty & a Tumbet of Mallorcan Fried Vegetables with Sobrasada which was heaven on a plate ... Mains were Suckling Pig and Suckling Lamb ... Yes ... we love anything that been "sucklined" lol ... both dishes were gorgeous and had the usual accompaniments as well ... Dessert was again Tiramisu ... and was as lovely as ever ... all washed down with a bottle of House White ... again with the regulation Bread and Olives ... Total cost was approx 70 euros ... and again worth every penny ... nice touch at the end was when they bought out some homemade Fruit Malibu shots ... very very nice

Mazanas Y Peras ... now this little place was the absolute highlight of the whole holiday ... What a night !!! What a chef !!! What a delightful evening !!!
Now ... for those of you who do not know the place ... it is a little tiny restaurant/cafe by the Calvario Steps ... by day they do light snacks etc ... but ... by night they have the most wonderful Tapas Menu ever ... and what a feast it is ... course after course after course of the the most wonderful tasty tempting Tapas that any Michelin chef would be hard pressed to beat ... To begin we had ... wait for it ... it's a long list ... Bruscetta with sardine & lemon pate with punjabi spices & Coriander ... more bruscetta with Tomato, Onion & Garlic, finely chopped with Olive Oil ... even more bruscetta with Goat's Cheese, Blueberry Jelly and Walnuts ... bloomin' gorgeous ... followed by ... Salmon & Thai Prawn Fishcakes with a Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce ... followed by ... Meatballs in a rich Tomato & Basil Sauce ... followed by the most beautiful and tasty Hassleback Potatoes roasted in butter and sea salt ... I can see you salivating as you read this ... ... followed by ... Pork Fillets, Prunes and Mushrooms in a Sherry & Mustard Cream Sauce ... followed by ... Chicken, Chorizo, Red Pepper & Olives cooked with Rice and Paprika ... followed by ... now at this point we couldn't manage any more mains ... so we skipped the next course ... but it would have been ... Chick Pea, Spinach, Tomato and Red Pepper seasoned with Paprika & Cayenne ... and I am sure it was gorgeous ... we then had Strawberry Chocolate Brownie (I think) and some Apple Cake (I think) ... memory is playing up ... no surprise after this monumental feast ... this was all accompanied by a bottle of House White ... Total cost ... wait for it ... drum roll ... are you on the edge of your seats ... oh ok ... I can tease you no more ... well ... maybe a little ... was ... 40 euros ... now ... if this is not the bargain bucket of the century I don't know what is ???
Manzanas Y Peras is run by the most delightful and friendly couple ... while Caroline is in kitchen creating her little pieces of magic ... Paul is front of house charming the clients and explaining exactly what is in each dish ... this is a little oasis of individuality and certainly has the potential to reach for the stars ... thanks so much guys for making our last night in Pollenca so memorable ... we will be back ... again and again and again

Apologies for the long winded Trip Report ... I do sometimes have a tendency to get a wee bit carried away as regards anything to do with food ... but ... then again ... I guess ... such if life ... lol
Sponsored Links
Old 20-10-2011, 16:17
Super Moderator

Not long winded at all PollencaTown, a lovely trip report thanks for posting.
I believe Manzana y Peras will soon be moving to larger premises and hope they do as well as they have in their old location.
Old 20-10-2011, 18:51

Very enjoyable review, PollencaTown. I love the old town and I'm really looking forward to spending two weeks there next year (keeping everything crossed!) Manzanas Y Peras sounds like my sort of place!!
Old 20-10-2011, 19:49

They are both a lovely couple indeed and look forward so much to seeing them again in their new place. Jane, its about time you popped back!
Old 21-10-2011, 15:56

Thanks guys for having the time and more importantly the patience to read through my report

@JH02JLH ... Manzanas Y Peras ... as Sparky says will soon be moving to larger premises ... and let's just say that they have some mighty fine ideas about how exactly they want the place to look ... it will be as totally awesome as their food is ... I can't wait to return and indulge
Old 22-12-2011, 22:07

Default Manzanas Y Peras new premises

Just received from them - and you are all SO lucky if you are out for this!

Thank you to all our customers who have supported us this year. We'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas or Feliz Navidad and look forward to seeing many of you again in 2012.

Manzanas y Peras has recently moved to bigger and better premises just around the corner in Placa Seglars, where we now have a fantastic outdoor terrace!

Our opening night party is on Monday 16th January 2012 to coincide with the San Antoni fiesta in Pollenca. Please feel free to join us to celebrate.
Old 23-12-2011, 12:20

What a brilliant trip report.....made me feel nostalgic and can't wait to get back.

Great to hear that Siller gets yet another brilliant review. Absolutely on the list for 2012!

Duncan