Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-10-2006, 22:58
Snowy

Default 7 day event

Having just returned from Pollensa my report is just a re-cap on the places we eat at.

No 1 Top of the list is Jamies - OíLume we eat here twice each meal was as good as the other
Wonderful food and service second to none, do try the fried milk desert.

To Jamie thank you for your time and effort. We will be back.

No 2 This time El Posito knocked Los Zarzales off 2nd spot once again eat here twice the Tumbet starter is to die for the rest of the food very well cooked and presented, very busy both times only just got a table second time.

Toni is a super host with his new lad Pepe, also saw the new baby. Toni you must change those chairs, I known you want the turn over but making people stand up is not on.

No 3 Los Zarzales food when it came was wonderful, lots been said about the service, and I can now add first hand the service is now poor, poor compared to what I expect at Los Zarzales. Itís not just a time fault but in general poor (Name escapes me senior moment) is rushed of her feet trying to control two very inexperienced waiters.

That said food is worth the wait.

No 4 La Fortalesa once again very busy got last table at 20:00 food and service very good Martin and Pauline have time to explain dishes to you.

Wonderful Mallorquina food, first time for ages that we visited will be back.

No 5 First time to Tribeca Very good food, but a little on the pricy side. That apart worth another visit next trip.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-10-2006, 01:00

Default 7 Day Event

Well done Snowy!

We know what you like!

Interesting comments re Los Zarzales.
Old 26-10-2006, 19:11
Sazzle

Default Re: 7 Day Event

Only just noticed your write-up Snowy - brilliant. I wish I could go out for meals as often as most people on this site do.

I too, have recently come back from a week in PP. I only managed to have a few meals out but here is my brief report, in no particular order.

3 or 4 lunches were spent at the Joker on the front. Perfect location for those of you with children. Good food, really lovely welcoming waiters and good location. Food is fine for a lazy lunch by the sea although I wouldn't go there if I wanted anything other than a lunchtime snack.

One evening out at Tangos. Very friendly waiters, very strange 'turn' singing very strange songs. Food was a real let down for us. We ordered mixed paella and it was brought out to our table already on the plates and it was cold and mushy. I've never had paella before that wasn't served at the table with the pan being left for you to help yourself. Perhaps we caught it on a bad night but I don't think we'll be in a hurry to go back.

One lunch at the Balaixa. The 15Euro menu of the day looked brilliant - everything that we like.

Starters
tomato and basil soup or
chicken liver pate

mains
chicken breast in filo pastry with mediteranean veg
calves liver and bacon with potatoes

desert
sticky toffee pudding or
pancakes.

The childrens' menus looked lovely too. My two had steak and it was delicious.

Firstly, a really well presented platter of olives, bread, aoili and other bits and bobs were brought to the table (included in the 15Euro price).

The starters were lovely too.

Unfortunately the main courses were cold and rubbery, I did wonder if they had come straight out of the microwave.

The deserts were both cold too.

The house wine (included in the price) was fine.

The surroundings looked very tatty on this visit and the fact that the SYP carpark now backs onto the garden (although slightly shielded by a metal fence) doesn't help. The grass needed cutting, and everywhere looked a bit overgrown. Toilets are lovely though!

Anyway, more importantly, there were 5 cats under our table and when my daughter got up for a wander, 2 of them jumped up onto her seat and one of them tried to jump onto the table (something they are obviously allowed to do because none of the staff batted an eyelid!). The white chairs were covered with cat hairs and when I stood up my skirt too was covered. There were also animal hairs stuck on the ice-cubes in the glass that was brought for my daughter's orange.

I suppose I am repeating old news re the Balaixa but I have always been a strong supporter in the past. However, for obvious reasons, I will NEVER go there again. In my opinion, the only people who could possibly enjoy eating at the Balaixa would be those who don't mind cats mixing with food and drink.

It's a shame because their menu is fab and really good value.

That's it from me!
Old 26-10-2006, 23:45

Default Re: 7 Day Event

Sazzle,

It was interesting to read your report on Balaixa and the er...cat problem.

I find it hard to believe that, after numerous reports on here about the cats, they are still allowed to wander freely as guests eat.

I first mentioned the problem back in October 2004 and here we are, 2 years later, and the same thing is still happening.

Balaixa is a lovely restaurant in a beautiful setting but if I were the owners I think I'd start to listen to these reports about cats and do something about keeping them away from the dining area.

Not everyone loves them!

Jane:eek