Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree15Likes
  • 13 Post By scotslizzy
  • 2 Post By debz1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 18:51

Default Trip

Trip Report

We visited PP for our annual week and managed to add another day to the trip so even more enjoyable than ever.

Stayed at the Daina Hotel and can thoroughly recommend it. More on this at the accommodation forum.
After an early flight with no problems and taxi waiting for us at the airport (thank you Conde Taxis’s) we were sitting down to a very nice lunch at Hostal Bahia . Garlic prawns to share then another starter for me of small red peppers stuffed with cod and prawns in a rich pepper and tomato sauce. Delicious and other half had Pamb am oli which was declared VG. Nice bottle of rosado and views to die for .What a great start to the holiday. Time for a siesta after unpacking and dinner at Stay as is our tradition.Bill was around 45 euros I think
Next stop as it our tradition on our first night was Stay.
Stuck to the menu of the day with the fish soup seamans style and he had veal tonnato ? This appears to be a very Italian traditional starter and neither of us have ever had this before so could not state whether it was authentic or not . Mmmm.
Mains were excellent with hake in saffron sauce for us both. The dessert was the usual no choice fluffy creamy thing which as you can guess was not a favourite of mine. In stating that nothing wrong with it just nothing great. Coffee brandy’s and chocs to finish. Cannot fault the overall cost and coming from west of Scotland to be able to sit outside and eat dinner is part of the charm of Stay. We also had lunch one day, the tapas variety, and again just lovely food well priced and with a nice bottle of wine a great place to sit a people watch the gangs getting of the glass bottom boat and sundry private charters.
Next day sandwiches on the balcony to try and save myself for O’Lume’s 7 course taster ?? menu .
Jaimie surpassed himself with his food but my God tasting menu it ain’t the portions sizes were huge and despite my not eating much at lunchtime I failed to eat all the courses. I will not go into all the detail but my absolute favourites were the scallop tartar, the little amuse bouche and the main of veal fillet which unfortunately I could not finish . Loved the sorbet with the vodka poured over it (mine was the lemon sorbet) and the dessert which we only shared one between us. The salmon with avocado was just too much on the plate and as we can have salmon at any time we were not that keen on this course. Perhaps Jaimie could either scale back one course or just cut down the portion sizes ! The red cava was excellent by the way. Will def be back next year but as you can imagine for al a carte next time!

La lonja next on the list and I must admit this is close becoming my fav place . Little red soller prawns as a starter and more hake with really good veg and potatoes. Yummy desserts were excellent and the chocolate cake that I had was made with top class chocolate. This was a la carte so probably not fair to compare with Stay but certainly has the edge in my opinion.

After all the fine food what we did we do the next evening ? Why eat in Burger King of course ! It was probably a bit too much sun that day plus wine at lunchtime that did for us both. We had quick shower then slow walk to BK to eat with the local Spanish youths who were having a whale of a time.I know it’s dreadful but it was as much as we wanted to eat and no drink that evening.

Next dinner was in IRU a place that we had not been to for years and as it was nice to go straight form the Lemon Bar at the Daina direct to IRU. We shared a parmesan risotto with black truffle and then both had fish. I had Cod with a lime and lemon sauce and scallop potatoes ,other half had stuffed sea bream with pine nuts and raisins which he declared excellent . Chocolate soufflé to end and really enjoyable meal with a reasonable priced wine. Had lunch one day and it was just as good as other places with sardine salad etc.
Next up was Siller which we only “discovered “last year. I started with the simple salad and I must admit it was excellent, the salad leaves were very fresh and there was some small figs throughout the salad. Next up was beef fillet for both of us. Steak was cooked well but there were some strange elements on the plate like candied walnuts and passion fruit sauce along with port wine sauce at the side of the beef ? The steak and the veg were lovely and the other stuff was just left well alone. Next up was the baked Alaska and as a piece of theatre it worked well with the lights being dimmed and flambéd before being served up . This is a very good restaurant which I would put in the O’Lume category with an owner who cares about the overall provenance of his food.
Next night was Don Corleone due to the fact that there was a football match that just had to be watched whilst eating pizza and pasta and although nothing to write home about it hit the spot after the large drinks at Bony’s .
Yacht Club next for a really good meal at a very reasonable 29.75 euros including wine . I never understand why some people think they cannot visit this place as the setting is perfect and food excellent . Guess what more fish, sea bream and cod this time and salad starter for us both. No dessert although included in the price but coffee and brandy on the house.

For our drinks in the evening it was a mixture of Bony’s, great people watching place and the Lemon bar at the Daina and it was super good on the evening when there was some entertainment . The Spanish guitarist playing his heart out under the stars just cannot be beaten. Also Nostalgia one night but I think we were a bit too early for all the late night fun .The sun and the alcohol plus my early morning walks each and every day means that I am not an night owl.

Just wish we could get back again this year but we have other holidays booked. Now if we get one of the fabled cheap flights that we never get I could be tempted !

Scotslizzy
debz1, LK1960, Doogz1874 and 10 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2014, 19:21
Super Moderator

Excellent report, thanks for sharing it with us .
Old 07-07-2014, 21:02

Really enjoyed your report! Thanks for taking the time to post it xx
Old 07-07-2014, 23:32

Great report scotslizzy. We may have been at either Stay La Llonja or the Yacht club the same day as you!

Totally agree with you about La Llonja slightly having the edge over Stay, although I still love both. Just feel the quality at La Llonja has got better the last couple of years whereas Stay's set menu never changes and is on a loop that repeats every few weeks
Sparky and Lorenzo like this.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:46

That's the downside to being lucky enough to have a long stay (no pun intended) on the island!

Also agree re La Llonga. We tend to use Stay as a great lunchtime venue for outside viewing, but La Llonga seems to be a touch better for a quieter - if that's what your after - evening meal, unless you get a lovely local family in at the same time of course!

Last edited by Belladonna; 08-07-2014 at 09:52.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:50

Thanks for a fantastic report, Scotslizzy! These are all the places we love too - totally agree about the Yacht Club, which is a great location for lunch and no more expensive or exclusive than anywhere else - in fact it's very friendly and welcoming. I was interested to hear about IRU - we haven't been there for years, for no particular reason, but it sounds as if the food is as good as it ever was. Have put it on the list for October!
Old 08-07-2014, 18:50

Super report on ones comestibles intake whilst absorbing the marvellous vistas laid before ones mincers.