Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-2006, 19:13
joey36

Default Menu del dia

Good morning everybody
I know that this is not actually a new topic but it is over a year since Mallorcaboy opened his thread.Have any new places opened?Are the old favourites still just as good? Have the prices changed?
We will be visiting PP, for the third time this year,next month (November)and we are thinking about trying the Menu del dia at lunchtime for a change.
I would be most gratefull for your opinions,views, comments and recomendations. I know that you are a very knowledgeable bunch.I have been reading all of your comments for a good few years now so lets have all of your views,even Robjay (where is he)

All the best Joey36

P.S. The place has to be open in November
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2006, 04:44

Default Menu del dia

Hi Joey!

What a pity no one has posted a reply to you.

It's a rotten job , so I will try!!:\

You say you are going to PP for the third time this year so you must have a certain familiarity with the place. Also I note you are thinking re the Menu del dia that it will be a change. A change from what, a toastie, some fruit, a coffee or the proverbial liquid lunch or perhaps nowt at all!!:rolleyes

Many of the restaurants which provide a menu del dia, from spring through to autumn will now be closed, those which really cater for the tourist trade, April to October.

So you are really looking at those which provide a near year round service and therefore cater for locals or resident ex pats.

Look firstly at those who advertise on here under the "Eating out" link, certainly there are a few who will be open, for example , Cap de Canto which does a menu , currently at E9.50 or so.

Our approach to Menu del dias at lunchtime, is to try a few over the span of our holidays, but not everyday as a three courser at lunchtime can take the edge off the evening appetite.

You can go for the less expensive menu for say 7 to 10 Euros, three courses, bread olives, wine and or water and there are a number of places to try this. El Posito, for one will always give you Mallorcan tastes and a choice, plus La Bodeguitta, see my post last year on this on page 10 of this thread, Ikebana, near the Pollensa Park Hotel, La Vall, near the sports centre/police station up at the back. These places would always be available during November as they serve locals and people working in the town in the day,I presume. And always giving you a choice of Mallorcan food. Noticed the Kashmir in the square had a deal at 10 Euros this year, and Hibiscus near Neptune at about 13.Whether still open November , have a look when you are there.

Then you can look at the slightly more expensive choices, at say 15 to 20 euros, bit more choice, bit more presentation and so on. Los Zarzales, O Lume, IRU spring to mind, not to mention Balaixa for example.

Never been in November myself, so cant be more specific. Thing to bear in mind is if somewhere caters for locals, you are more likely to be able to get something to your taste.

Have a browse around when you get there and ask around, unless someone with a local knowledge can expand on what I have said .

Good hunting and good eating and hopefully you will tell us about your experiences!!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:29
joey36

Default Menu del Dia

Thank you Portofan. I thought everyone was ignoring me.
I appreciate your comments and will definately take up your suggestions.

Cheers Joey36