Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2006, 02:02

Default Olivers' Wine Bar

Often passed this place but had never been inside.

Along Medico Lopis from the square towards the Flora block.

Late one evening after an excellent dinner , elsewhere, and some liquers!!

Nice big comfortable sofas. Trying to think positive here!

Nah! Wouldn't bother again, it was pretty quiet , better sticking to Bony's or the Cultural, see some life there!!

Was worse than dead!!:lol :lol

Not a place that's been mentioned much. Anyone else tried??
Sponsored Links
Old 25-10-2006, 02:03
alidee

Default olivers wine bar

We found Olivers on our first visit to pp 5 yrs ago.Have to say back then we were very impressed in fact it was one of our favourite places.Weve had some wonderful meals there and enjoyed chilling out on the sofas.The place used to be packed on the jazz nights twice a week and there was a really good atmosphere.However when we returned this summer and went for a meal on our first night we got quite a surprise.We were the only ones in the whole place for a meal previously we had to book to eat outside in the courtyard.Have to say though the food was as good as ever .We returned on our last night for a drink and have to say it is off our list for the future ,There wasnt a soul in and to be honest we felt quite uncomfortable and left without finishing our drinks.We understand it has changed ownership i wonder if anyone can confirm this.Its such a shame to see the place going downhill hope it picks up by next year.
Old 25-10-2006, 22:44
Brisas Boy

Default Re: olivers wine bar

Yes, Olivers changed hands some time last year and is now owned by an English guy who runs a pub near the Pollensa Park hotel. We went there this year (August) and were not impressed with the quality of the food, which was not particlarly cheap. I had calves liver and it was so tough that I can only surmise that the calf had developed into a cow at the time it was slaughtered. The place was empty and it was not hard to see why. I kept looking across the road enviously at the happy diners in Nacientes.

It's a shame really. We first went there about five years ago when it had an unpronouncable name. The food was excellent and good value but the place was always empty. Then English people took over, brought in the current furniture and decor and also provided upmarket food, good service and a pleasant, even sophisticated, ambiance. You had to book.

The nearest I will get to Olivers next year will be the terrace at Nacientes.
Old 03-11-2006, 19:12

When we first went to Olivers a few years back we had a wonderful evening..food was great and they had a Police tribute band playing. The sax player had been one of the original members in Dire Straits who I believe now lives in Mallorca .

However when we went last year I had one of the worst meals in my life. A risotto that resembled gruel (is that how you spell it ?:\ )which was completely inedible. Unlike Oliver Twist I didn't ask for more!

Won't be going back in a hurry.
Old 03-11-2006, 21:22

We also remember some great nights in Olivers .......... lovelly food, wonderful garden setting and great atmosphere

For some reason , it just didn;t tempt us when we were out in July ......... couldn;t put my finger on why , didn;t even know it had changed hands ...... we walked past a few times, thought about phoning to book a table and just never did

Seems like we probably had a lucky escape ......... think I prefer to just have good memories of a great place I used to go to
Old 04-11-2006, 06:58

debz1,

I agree with your comments, would not eat there,but, our gang had a hilareous night there. The Hustlers(or was it the Geriatrics?) played one night-they were good,not great, just good.
I have read posts saying the eating shop over the road is great, each to their own. I call it Nastyenties. I will not say why in open forum but for every dissenter there are several supporters. That's what makes PP great-a variety to suit all.

Cheers,

Jimbo.

p.s. the leather seats in Olivers are great.